What do you carry?

This is a discussion on What do you carry? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; CLASS4NH- Have you had many rounds through the Beretta yet? I just got one a month ago and had it stovepipe on me after the ...

Page 28 of 320 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast
Like Tree541Likes

Thread: What do you carry?

CLASS4NH-
    Have you had many rounds through the Beretta yet? I just got one a month ago and had it stovepipe on me after the 3rd shot. Was told that I need to have at least 100+ rounds through it to make it more reliable. Your opinion, please? Thanks!

2. Remove Ads

Slimming Down

Just traded my glock 23 with tritium sights for a kahr P9. I will loose a little firepower in the process (13 to 8 rounds, .40 to 9mm) but the kahr is thinner and lighter, especially the grip where the pistol is most visable with concealed IWB carry. Both weapons have steller records of reliability. I also had to ask myself, "how much is enough?". I think the 9mm +P hollow points are adequate for personal defense, at least for me. Plus they are dirt cheap to practice with at the range and more practice yields better performance come gametime. Any feedback on the trade?
    -Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

I carry an S&W 642 in a pocket as "get off me" gun. In addition I usually have either a Colt Government Model or Browning High Power in my waistband.

I carry a Kimber Custom TLE II in an Alessi pancake holster for now. Waiting for my holster from Andrews.

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    Have to make a change from my earlier answer to this question.

My Sig 226 has taken over primary carry duty from my Ruger Speed Six, after having put over 1000 rounds thru the used Sig with no failures. I still carry the revolver from time to time, but it's 90% Sig now.

I carry the 226 in a Galco Miami Classic shoulder rig, with 3 Mec-Gar magazines loaded with 45 rds of 115gr Remington JHP.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

I currently carry a Glock 22 strong side, with a Glock 27 weak side pocket. Reloads for both.
    No, it might not all be necessary, but I would hate to lose for lack of proper preparation/equipment.

I usually can be found with my SA XD-9 sub. Can you say "double tap"? Usually have it loaded up with Federal 9mm EFMJ low recoil.

I was shopping for a good CCW having tried several over the years. I tried the XD at the pistol range where I frequent and purchased one that night. I was never much of a 9mm fan until I shot this gun.

The XD9-sub has a very nice out of the box trigger, allowing my pull until i reach "the Point". i can hold, fire, or release. if i fire, the 9mm round allows very fast reaquisition to the target, slight release on the trigger to reset then fire the second round in a very fast "for me" double tap. Double tap, evaluate, repeat if necessary.

I like multiple safeties. This pistol has several including one on the backstrap, one on the trigger, and of course, the most important one being my finger.

This gun carries well. I can tuck it into my pants behind my right hip with just a bit of the grip exposed and it will stay there. I can sit comfortably. Holsters are better and I do have one on order, but in a pinch, running au flambeau ain't a bad way to go.

Is it perfect? No. It is smaller, weighs less, and is ballistically superior to my Browning BDA. It is heavier, a tad more difficult to conceal next to my S&W 442 but the firepower is superior in quanity and quality and the 9 is much easier to shoot. It smokes my Browning Tomcat.

The next one that is a close contender would be my SA 1911 Micro. The 9 holds more and has faster reacquisition in my hands compared to the 45. The 45 conceals better but is slightly heavier. The 9 is more reliable.

The XD is the easiest of the mentioned to clean. The XD came with some really cool stuff.

Not much more to say other than, I love that gun. Out and about, it is the gun for me. At the house, it is the one I keep the closest.

If at home I have the time to select the gun for the defensive situation I will grab the S&W M&P 40. Believe it or not, the recoil is about the same and man is that Smith a fine firearm. It is just not easily tucked away on my person.

Thanks for reading
    Last edited by jclif1995; March 14th, 2006 at 09:31 PM.

I carry my Walther P-88 now and it is an awesum handgun.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by TWO GUNS; May 14th, 2006 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Added some pics.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

I carry my Sig P-220 OWB in a Milt sparks 55BN holster they
    have served me well.
    quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by Delta Force
    Colt Officers or a Colt Delta Elite.
    A Colt guy, huh? Nice. Welcome DF! Pop on over to intro and give us the "scoop"!

My usual carry is a Taurus 24/7 in .40 S&W, but I just started carrying the Taurus PT145 in .45. I just love having 11 rounds of .45 on tap in such a small pkg. My carry blade is a CRKT M-16 13Z, my normal light is a Surefire C2. I also carry a few hi intensity 30min chemlights...
    "Stay Alert, Stay Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock
    A Colt guy, huh? Nice. Welcome DF! Pop on over to intro and give us the "scoop"!
    Yup I'm a Colt Guy but I like other guns aswell.I just seem to shoot the 1911's better than any other type of pistol.

Here are a couple of my full size 1911's that I carry.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Delta Force
    Here are a couple of my full size 1911's that I carry.
    Nice!!!

Talking

Colt Agent .38 special in a Galco horsehide pocket holster loaded with 125 grain Federal Nyclads
    "You have enemies ? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life" Winston Churchill

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use" Galileo Galilei

Links