What do you carry?

This is a discussion on What do you carry? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I finally shot my Walther P99c AS 9mm. I shot several hundred flawless rounds through the gun.....I may need to start carrying this gun!...

Page 29 of 321 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast
Like Tree559Likes

Thread: What do you carry?

VIP Member
    I finally shot my Walther P99c AS 9mm. I shot several hundred flawless rounds through the gun.....I may need to start carrying this gun!
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

2. Remove Ads

glock17 9mm 4 1/2" and cz75b 40sw in cold weather. kimber compact cdp 45 4" in warm weather

Well, about to qualify with my Springfield GI in of course, .45ACP

Now I'm already thinking about a BUG and I don't have near the extra cash to be thinking this way!! 21 year old student does not normally = large cash flow. Hahah....well unless the flow is going out!But I just can't help but think about how nice it would be to have one of the sub compact Springfield XD's in either 9mm or .40, tucked away in a pocket holster. Oh well....we'll see!

Jake
    "They kept tryin' to put me in the ground, but I wasn't ready"

carry gun

Glock 23 or 27 in a pcch iwb from don hume
    Hume leather is a great value. If you cannot afford the expensive stuff but still want good old leather this is the way.

New Member Array joconnor@gvtc.com's Avatar
    Hey I'm new around here. Shopping for my next carry - current candidates om list are the XD-40 V-10 Ported and/or the Kahr K40 Elite 2003. Any comments for / or against these would be appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by joconnor@gvtc.com
    Hey I'm new around here. Shopping for my next carry - current candidates om list are the XD-40 V-10 Ported and/or the Kahr K40 Elite 2003. Any comments for / or against these would be appreciated!

If your intended purpose is for a carry piece, you may want to forgoe the ported barrel in the XD or any pistol for that matter. The last thing you want in a gunfight is to have the muzzle blast being blown out right in front of your face. It may not be a huge deal under daytime conditions, but at night that muzzle blast will destroy your night vision effectively putting you out of the fight for a few seconds. Either the Kahr or the XD would be a nice carry piece.

How much experience do you have with handguns?
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

Blued colt NRM 1991A1 government model in a milt sparks summer special/w extra mag. It will soon be carried in a rafters IWB rig when I get it this week. This is my carry gun most of the time I'll go to the colt cobra when I can't hide the 1911.

carry my SA XD 45 acp service model with a canyon creek triger job. had this gun bout 4 monthes with over 2,600 rds so far no problems.
    The answer to "the voice in the dark", GET DOWN NOW!!(see avatar).
    The goal of an argument should not be victory, but progress.
    The chain of command? Is a 3/8" chain that I beat you with till you realize I'M IN COMMAND.

Sig Mosquito, fanny pack, my daily carry.
    quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I carry a Glock 26 in a Desantis Tac-Pro Kydex holster. I either carry a Glock 19 mag or a Glock 17 mag for a spare. I also carry a Smith and Wesson 442 in .38sp in a uncle mikes pocket holster. I carry Remington Golden Sabre 124gr JHP in both my glock 26 and 34. I carry Federal HS 110 JHP in my SW442.
    I'll be your Huckleberry!! I have two guns! One for each of you!

I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six!

Wink Carry gun change

While firing my kel-tec P11 was something of a chore (nasty little gun with strong felt recoil, vile trigger) I started havong feed and extraction problems. Given the gun was elderly and of unknown pedigree, I sold it and now carry a Glock g-36 (.45 ACP). It's in a High Noon IWB holster and is no problem at all whether I'm in a tuxedo or jeans and a pullover.

Don

Normal everyday carry, Makarov with a cocktail (FMJ & JHP)
    When going into areas that are "not so pleasant", only my .45 Kimber will suffice.
    I will be replacing the Mak with an Ultra Carry for everyday use and pass the Mak onto my son.
    One thing I like about the Mak is the decocker.

New Member Array joconnor@gvtc.com's Avatar

to Firefighter/EMT

Handgun Experience:
    30 years USAF officer, qualified expert every time (about once a year, sometimes more depending on job assignment, location) on the Officer's Colt, then the Berretta 9mm, then Glock 9mm. Started competitive shooting with the IDPA and IPSC clubs about 6 months ago. Not looking for wall plaques, trophies nor national rankings - just want to keep proficient in case Fate calls me into a deadly force situation.

Now own Glock 17 and XD-45GAP tactical. In the hunt for a carry - thanks for the comments on ported XD-40. But my experience with night/low-light firing conditions are such that the first shot muzzle blast is going blank your night vision whether its from the ports or the front of the muzzle. So, IMHO, having a ported handgun to sqwelch the muzzle flip from a stout .40 cal round is going to assist the 'double tap on target' challenge in the quickest time possible.
    Fully Engaged...
    Col John

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    Depends sometimes SW99 rest of time Glock 17.

First handgun

I purchased a .40 Sig P239. It also came with a .357 barrel. I like how it is small enough for a CCW but large enough that I can get my hand around it. I also like the stopping power of the .40.

Links