What do you carry?

This is a discussion on What do you carry? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Most of the time i carry my G23. I like haveing the ability to switch between .40 cal and .357 sig with the switch of ...

Page 3 of 323 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
Like Tree612Likes

Thread: What do you carry?

Most of the time i carry my G23. I like haveing the ability to switch between .40 cal and .357 sig with the switch of a barrel.

2. Remove Ads

xd sc9 in a galco belly band for light clothing and super concealment. Sig pro 2340 (.40) in a Don Hume IWB (5 o\'clock) when not worried about who knows or wearing heavier clothing.

I carry a Glock 29 in a Milt Sparks VersaMax II. I\'ve found that this setup works great for me and is extremely concealable even under a t-shirt. My carry ammo is DoubleTap 10mm 155 gr. Gold Dot JHP.

HK USPf 9mm w, 16+1 and spare 15 round mag full of Rem Golden Saber 124 grain +P JHPs, carried in BladeTech IWB.

G26 in a 4th generation. Wife has a Beretta Tomcat. Tried to carry my GP100 (357) but its too big and heavy.

6000' above sea level - Albuquerque NM USA
    I find myself carrying a Glock 26 (newest model) more and more, with two 17-rounders in reserve.

I carry in a SmartCarry, for the most part. I have a Glock 36 that I\'ve used a fair amount in it, and a brace of 3\" J-frames (a .357 model 60-15 and a .38 36-1) that also ride in it on occasion.

But I do find that I\'m carrying the Glock 9mm most of the time.

1943 - 2009
    Carry piece is a Colt LW Commander .45 in a Milt Sparks Summer Special, one spare mag in a Sparks IWB pouch.

Alternate carry is a S&W M60 in a Don Hume #715 S.O.O.T. IWB holster, one speedloader in a DeSantis pouch.

Erich

What does a \"Smart Carry\" holster look like? Can you post a pic?

DC Founder
    Here\'s one off the SmartCarry website I am sure they wouldn\'t mind us posting:

Most often I carry a Sig P239/.357Sig in a MS VM2, loaded with GoldDots, spare mag in a Comp-Tac carrier. Occasionally go with a P220ST or P220 in the same rig. Look forward to eventually getting a Kahr PM9 for hot weather pocket carry.

6000' above sea level - Albuquerque NM USA
    Yup, that\'s it, Bumper.

I suppose that I should clarify, though: I carry the SmartCarry Security model. This holster/belt has an additional pocket behind the gun pocket - it\'s very slim, and designed to carry money, passports, or other papers. The other thing about the Security model is that it has two identically sized gun pockets on the front - it\'s ambidextrous. (This is what enables me to comfortably carry two 3\" J-frame revolverts.)

Carry a CZ PO1 in Galco paddle rig, loaded with Win 115gr JHP, one spare mag weak side. Wife carries CZ 2075 RAMI 9mm in HBE IWB rig, with Hakan grips. Hoping to get Hakans soon myself.

Glock 32 w/Gold Dots or Win Ranger T

Originally posted by Betty
    I\'ll carry either a .45 USPc or a S&W 640 as my main carry gun, and a Colt Cobra or Colt Mustang as a backup.
    Excellent! I sure wish there were more women out there equipped the way you are!

How do you like that USPc .45? It\'s on my shopping list.

SSKC

Smart Carry

Well, it seems to me that it used to be known as ThunderWear. I had one a long time ago, but I stopped wearing it because my wife complained that one too many waitresses gave me \"the eye.\" Made the wife mad.

I just don\'t understand women. It\'s not like it was \"false advertising\" or something. Still, the holster wasn\'t very comfortable to wear and the draw wasn\'t quite as smooth as advertised, either.

Links