Defensive Carry banner

What do you carry?

2M views 7K replies 4K participants last post by  KevinRohrer 
#1 ·
Just wondering what gun(s) every one else carries.

I carry a SIG P239 in 9mm most of the time, but now that the weather is cooler and jackets are in order, the SIG P229 in .40 get the call.

I still dream of the day that i get a commander size 1911 GSR from SIG in .40

#4 ·
I generally carry a Kimber .45 of one type or another. I carry a 4\" Kimber Eclipse in a IWB holster in warm weather (which is most of the time here in Arizona) or a 5\" Kimber Custom TLE in a belt holster during cooler weather when I wear a second shirt or jacket covering it. Most of the time the TLE just travels to the range with me.

Others that I occasionally carry are a Sig P226 .40, Glock Model 30 .45 or a Springfield XD in .40. Constantly trading, buying, selling or upgrading keeps me constantly trying different ones. Luckily my wife likes guns :D

G
#7 ·
My carry gun

A Wilson Combat Compact CQB in black. We have bonded so tightly that I feel like I have suffered a loss when I have to go anywhere without it. That does sounds crazy doesn\'t it?

I also have an SA .45, a Sig P239, a Glock 27 and several others that I really don\'t consider carry guns but I enjoy shooting.

#15 ·
Originally posted by coma
I still dream of the day that i get a commander size 1911 GSR from SIG in .40
Heathen! It must be in .357. Otherwise, total dream-gun for me.

Most of the time for me it\'s a P239 .357 in a High Noon Down Under. With colder weather coming, my P228 with 14 124gr Federal in a Yaqui slide from time to time.

In situations where it\'s legal, but I\'m not really supposed to have a gun, a Kahr MK9 in a Down Under, again with Federals.

Some days, when I just want to feel shiny, my Kimber CDP compact in a Wilson Summer Comfort, loaded with 230gr Gold Dots.

I\'m starting to understand why women own sixty pairs of shoes :D

#16 ·
Thanks for the “welcomes” from Bumper and CHPBil.

I purchased my Glock 26 for the Texas Summer months because it was just too hard to carry my Glock 23 with summer clothing. I wasn’t big on the idea of carrying a sub compact, but I knew it was better than nothing. After shooting the thing a few times, I realized I wasn’t really sacrificing much. It shoots great and I feel very well armed with it. I now often carry it in colder months also when it is easier than carrying my Glock 23. When I realized how much I liked the size I went out and bought a Glock 33 (plus a 40 barrel). It is now starting to take the place of my 26 as my secondary carry gun.

#17 ·
Originally posted by Ronin101
just ordered a S&W 642
Great gun. It was my first (and so far only) revolver. I carry it when I need to carry in my pants pocket (little snug – but ok) or coat pocket. Here’s the holster I use.

http://www.frontiernet.net/~akim/pocket.htm

They are Cheap ($15.95), but do a real good job as a pocket holster.

#7,042 ·
Old School, I retired my 940 years ago, great concept, 9mm revolver, but the moon clip and some 9mm just expanded to much and were difficult to get out. Still love it, when I do choose to shoot it, I carried it along side a S&W 5946, I later moved to a 642, 60 and most recently a 66.