Defensive Carry banner

What do you carry?

2M views 7K replies 4K participants last post by  KevinRohrer 
#1 ·
Just wondering what gun(s) every one else carries.

I carry a SIG P239 in 9mm most of the time, but now that the weather is cooler and jackets are in order, the SIG P229 in .40 get the call.

I still dream of the day that i get a commander size 1911 GSR from SIG in .40

#127 ·
I carry a full size stainless Springfield 1911 (45 Auto) in a IWB holster with a spare mag on the weak side. If its hot I either wear a cover shirt or vest. When its cold I\'ll wear a jacket. I feel safe, but then again, nothing has ever happened to me as of yet. I hope this trend continues.....

#128 ·
Day in day out my Glock 19, I have a variety of holsters but mostly carry string side OWB loaded with original Black Talons.

If I feel the threat level warrants it I carry my Glock 20 again loaded with Black Talons either strong side OWB or shoulder rig.

Summer, low threat I drop my Grendel (Grand Daddy to the Kel Tech) .380 loaded with Cor-Bons in the right hip pocket, I am having a wallet holster made for it now, the old one is just plain worn out.

#132 ·
I have three S&W .45 ACP semi-auto pistols. I carry The CS45 and the 4513TSW but the performance center 1911 is just a range gun, it is too big to be a carry gun. I know a lot of people carry full size 1911s but and I love the way it shoots but I like the fact that the CS45 is small enough to slip into a coat pocket or a sweat shirt pocket, the 1911 is too big for that.

#133 ·
I mostly carry a Sig 239, .40 SW, IWB.
In the winter, when I wear bulkier concealment clothing, I sometimes carry a bigger handgun like a 1911 or larger Sig.
I always carry IWB strong side because I find it offers the best concealment and I can still draw the gun quickly if I need to.

#134 ·
Well guys and Gals that's a tough question. let's see, I carry a H&K P7, Springfield Armory V10 45acp, S&W M39 ASP conversion gun (but not too often, just when I wanna show it off) Sig P228, Novak custom Browning Hi Power, Novak Custom Colt series 70 Combat Commander. For the summer it's either a S&W 60, a P7, or yes, even a Glock 27 it teflon with night sights, although I mostly prefer the P7 anytime of the year

#136 ·
HK USP full size in .40 s&W
Taurus PT 140
NAA .22 revolver
Assorted flashlights and knives too depending on dress and area I am headed

#141 ·
What I Carry

I usually carry my Kimber CDP compact in a Sam Andrews Hybrid Saddle holster with a spare mag and Surefire 6P in a matching offside pouch. Other times I carry my Custom Rock River Arms 1911 Full Size in the same holster/pouch rig.

#143 ·
What I carry

I try and compete with the gun I usually carry. This pic was snapped last November, before I grew my beard. I love the P245 for daily carry. It's got a stiff but very manageable DA trigger, so it's unlikely anybody is going to accuse me of firing by accident or unintentionally! I also like the fact that there is no external safety catch to "wipe" as I draw, as is present in my 1911's. I like the Sig so much, I'm getting the P220ST with rail and a SureFire light (X200) AND Crimson Trace Laser Grips to use as my dedicated "House Gun."

#144 ·
are you closing your left eye in this pic??? Is that IDPA or IPSC/USPSA?

~A

#145 ·
Both eyes open and it's IDPA. IIRC there were no procedurals and just a couple of points down in this string. I'm trying to improve my speed, and that means a bit less accuracy at first, anyway.

#146 ·
I fired with my mouth semi open once and got a blast of spent propellant or powder and that cured that real quick. When ever I do a close support eye cehck, my mouth sometimes opens.

How do you like IDPA? How has it changed your views if at all about what you carry?

~A

#147 ·
I LOVE IDPA. I went so far as to become a certified Range Officer with them. Sooooooooo regret ever paying for a life membership with USPSA. I never shoot IPSC anymore.

My club http://www.tssa.net has a lot of folks who are DHS and police and even some air marshalls. Some local SWAT types, too.Even a criminal circuit judge! So there is a lot of experience floating around the firing line and we are always learning from each other. That's one reason I went from 1911 to Glock to Sig. I love that IDPA is revolver neutral and there are multiple levels based on classifier rank (so Masters and Experts are never shooting for score against novice and marksman level). There is never a string that goes for more than 18 rounds so you'll nver see the 90+ game stages you see in IPSC. No RACE guns allowed! No comps either. Just what you carry on the street. ALWAYS must draw from a cover garment. Don't care if it's in the 90's in July. You only have to wear a cover garment while you're shooting. Both reloads and holsters must be positioned behind the seam of your pants. Insures concealability. We often draw our courses of fire from local news stories. Our course designers are graduates from the Marquis De Sade school of design. At least that's what we are all sure of....but the requirements are challenging and always throw new factors into the mix. We usually have a "BLIND" stage where we put up visqueen plastic and shooters engage the targets inside a funhouse without a walk through, first. We often do these at night with a flashlight. GUN LIGHTS are forbidden in IDPA, which I think sucks, but that's the way it goes.

#148 ·
Ex, sound slike a great group to shoot with. Wish your group was closer to me. The IDPA group out here is not so active.

~A

#150 ·
These are the 2 that I usually carry. The first is a Rock River Arms Custom 1911 that I had built to my specs right down to the serial number. It has a ramped barsto bull barrel with fully supported chamber, Ashley Express 24/7 sights and the grip frame was cut and a Heinie mag well welded in place. The grips were then inletted to fit over the magwell. It makes for very smooth reloads without increasing the length of the grip frame.
The second gun is my Kimber CDP Compact with a short trigger.