What do you carry? - Page 63

What do you carry?

This is a discussion on What do you carry? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Currently, my choices vary; but here is a "short list" of the possibilities: a) 3" Stainless Ultra Carry .45 ACP b) 5" Les Baer Thunder ...

Page 63 of 327 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast
Like Tree689Likes

Thread: What do you carry?

Currently, my choices vary; but here is a "short list" of the possibilities:

a) 3" Stainless Ultra Carry .45 ACP
    b) 5" Les Baer Thunder Ranch Special .45 ACP
    c) 5" Smith & Wesson Stainless 1911
    d) West German SIG-SAUER P220A .45 ACP
    e) all backed up by either 1) KEL-TEC P3AT .380, or 2) Seecamp LWS-32.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Revolver days see the use of either a standard S&W 642, or an older S&W 66-4 in .357 magnum~!

Recently added this to my carry gun options...

What I like about it is... superb fit and feel in the hand (feels like it was sculpted from my own hand mold), eleven round capacity, small and lightweight - easy to conceal, competent defense caliber: .40, low bore axis, surprisingly soft shooting (due to springiness of the frame and low bore axis), stone reliable, excellent accuracy, nice trigger (after the first several hundred rounds of shooting), no levers or switches - very simple operation, point and pull trigger - repeat as needed. All USA made. Lifetime warranty. Offered from a company with arguably the best customer service in the industry (Smith & Wesson). Low price. (Replacement, if necessary, would be easy and not expensive.)

This is now the gun I carry moreso than my other choices these days... still can't resist carrying some of my 1911's at times though... just because I love 'em.

The clowns in government office see the solution to everything is write more laws, creating the ever-mounting morass of legal handicaps that we citizens must labor under.

STATE'S RIGHTS RULE and should be INVIOLATE. Feds butt out!

That's easy.....
    Glock 19 9mm cold weather
    Glock 26 warm weather

I finally got the wood grips for my Sig P229 in .357 Sig, my primary carry weapon:

Last edited by JayHawker45; April 16th, 2007 at 10:18 PM.
    Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But, I repeat myself. ...Mark Twain: Manuscript note, c.1882.
    NRA Life Member & JPFO Member.
    Sig & CZ-aholic, a Ruger SP101 3" & Wiley Clapp GP100

Right this minute it's a Sig P245 45ACP stoked with MagSafes, carried in a Blade-Tech IWB. Sig P220 sp mag behind left hip
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

a star PD but will be looking for a compact 9mm or .40 for summer carry.

Question A Rising Star?

Quote Originally Posted by stripperclip View Post
    a star PD but will be looking for a compact 9mm or .40 for summer carry.
    Hang onto that STAR PD! They're getting rare and a lot of the gun dealers I speak to at shows are always on the lookout for one and they'll pay top dollar. That was a couple of years ago, too. I used to have one and foolishly traded it for another gun a long time ago.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Sig 239/ 357sig. crazy accurate and easy to conceal with a caliber more capable than 40, 45 or 9x19.

Talking Cannuck Choices Limited

I am a non US resident Canadian alien but I have managed to acquire THREE stateside CCW permits (Utah, New Hampshire, Maine) and hopefully Pennsylvania (application submitted 2 weeks ago- the jury's still out). As a Cannuck I cannot purchase the new short barrelled handguns ideally suited for concealed carry as they are "prohibited" here in Canada and I cannot export my grandfathered (acquired before prohibition) short barreled .25 automatics stateside because they don't make the cut based on your BATF's 75 point firearm import criterion and as a non-resident alien I cannot acquire firearms in the US .
    That leaves me we 3 choices: 1) Springfield 1911 .45 auto (5" bbl.), 2) Ruger P89C .9mm auto(4.5" bbl.), 3) Ruger Security Six .357 mag. revolver (4" bbl.). None of these 3 are by any stretch of the imagination compact handguns.
    I'd love to acquire one of those new super compact autoloading pistols but the way Canadian firearms law is going because of all the shootings I'll be lucky to keep the handguns I have.

PT111 in a PagerPal or in a Day-planner with extra mag, and a Kershaw Ken Onion tactical folder. On rare occassion I'll carry a PT92 AF in the planner but that's on the heavy side.
    "The purpose of education is to replace an empty mind with an open one."
    Malcolm Forbes

Either a 4 inch SW686+ or a 4 inch Ruger GP100 in a Cabo LP holster.

Talking 1911 is extremely concealable

Quote Originally Posted by pricedo View Post
    That leaves me we 3 choices: 1) Springfield 1911 .45 auto (5" bbl.), 2) Ruger P89C .9mm auto(4.5" bbl.), 3) Ruger Security Six .357 mag. revolver (4" bbl.). None of these 3 are by any stretch of the imagination compact handguns.
    My first semiauto was a 1911 5" Gov't Model. I carried it concealed for decades. It is extremely concealable and comfortable especially when worn IWB with say a Sam Andrews McDaniels II rig.
    http://www.andrewsleather.com

Comfortable, smooth, fast. Carry a spare mag offside and you're all set. The other two are nice guns, but I'd trust the 1911 to keep me well anytime...all the time.

I carry a Springer 1911 micro-compact 45. Small in stature but man does it pack a punch.

Kimber Custom CDP II (5") in a classic lite shoulder system.
    Kimber Pro CDP II (4") I'm still breaking this gun in (not a carry gun until that's done) and there's a Milt Sparks VMII IWB being built for it.
    Kel-Tec P3AT in a Galco pocket holster.
    Last edited by dls56; April 24th, 2007 at 08:15 PM. Reason: misspelling

Updated EDC

I think I may have the mag in the carrier backwards?
    "Beware of the man who only owns one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

Links