What do you carry? - Page 69

What do you carry?

This is a discussion on What do you carry? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i've been carrying a Raven .25 acp for awhile now... basically it was a cheap gun ($75 used) that was small enough to hide virtually ...

Page 69 of 327 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 4892
Like Tree690Likes

Thread: What do you carry?

i've been carrying a Raven .25 acp for awhile now... basically it was a cheap gun ($75 used) that was small enough to hide virtually anywhere.

The problem with carrying this gun is: most, if not all, of these guns are older and due to even poor craftsmenship when new, they are dangerous to carry chambered - thus, i've decided... what's the point? Altough... I'd rather have had that unchambered then nothing at all!

I've just purchased a Kahr PM9 and am looking forward to picking it up! I'll update you on how it is to carry - but from the trials at the dealer, it's the best conceal i've found yet... an unbelieveably small 9mm that leaves no print through your clothes...

later!

Quote Originally Posted by domlicious View Post
    I've just purchased a Kahr PM9 and am looking forward to picking it up! I'll update you on how it is to carry - but from the trials at the dealer, it's the best conceal i've found yet... an unbelieveably small 9mm that leaves no print through your clothes...
    later!
    I have the Kahr MK9, an all steel version of that same handgun in my stable at home. You're right on the money with the ease of concealment with that piece. You can virtaully hide it anywhere without any problems and have 6 rounds of 9mm +P at your disposal. Great concealment piece!
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

not to mention the reputation of the Kahr pistols. I have a P9 s.s. slide, P9 black slide, P9covert, P40, and a K9. Everyone of them operate flawlessly, and are a pleasure to shoot and carry. You will love it, and now you got a good paperweight in that raven too, a win win situation!!!
    ...and the trees are all kept equal by hatchet, axe, and saw............RUSH
    www.okshooters.com

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    For the past 4 months, it's been my Glock 19.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Mainly a Smith 5904, a 3rd generation 9mm, with an extra 15 round mag in case I'm not shooting very well. Also at times, a S&W Model 19 2 1/2" .357 Mag revolver or a S&W Model 36 Chief Special .38 Special revolver.
    At home, I sometimes have a Model 29 5" loaded with .44 Specials...Yes, another Smith...there is a pattern here.....

Looking at another, more compact auto for carry, and I think it will be a Smith & Wesson 4513 TSW.

Sorry to be so long winded...I like a lot of guns, and carry most everything I have.
    Thanks.
    Mark

(I sometimes also have an old .25 Beretta in my pocket, just for the heck of it.)

Kahr P9 in a Hume IWB or S&W Model 19-4" in a Bianchi shoulder holster.
    This message approved by the ATF, supporting your right to get drunk, have a smoke, and go shootin!

Smith & Wesson M&P Compact 9mm, strong side, IWB @ 3 o'clock

just bought a Taurus pt140. I haven't seen much about it. Did I do the wrong thing? So far it shoots where I aim and and it goes bang every time

proud owner of the kimber ulta aegis II

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by friesepferd View Post
    proud owner of the kimber ulta aegis II
    Congrats, be sure to keep us posted on how it works out for you.

Kahr P9 w/clipdraw or
    KelTec P3AT w/KT's IWB clip

Happy Birthday America!
    What, me worry?

Primary carry gun is a Glock 23 in a Blackhawk SERPA holster. This is the holster I chose because I open carry a lot of the time in the summer here in West Tennessee. If I conceal carry it is usually in a Fobus right hand paddle holster. This is my CCW holster because it pulls the gun in closer to my torso than the SERPA.

I also carry on occasion a Sig P239 in 9mm. It is carried in a Fobus Evolution right hand paddle holster.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Springfield XD9 both 3 and 4 inch models. Started with the 3 inch and then realized that its not wise to only have 1 pistol on your CCW. 4 inch was next choice because, personally, I can double tap very well with these pistols and I love the safety features. Has more than just the trigger safety on the Glock...
    Attached Images
    "Like a muddied spring or polluted well is a righteous man who gives way to the wicked." -Proverbs 25:26

"If the thief is found breaking in, and he is struck so that he dies, there shall be no guilt for his bloodshed..." -Exodus 22:2

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddae52 View Post
    Springfield XD9 both 3 and 4 inch models. Started with the 3 inch and then realized that its not wise to only have 1 pistol on your CCW. 4 inch was next choice because, personally, I can double tap very well with these pistols and I love the safety features. Has more than just the trigger safety on the Glock...
    They Are A Beauty!!!

The New Sig 229 SAS - My CCW

I have finally found the one that I will carry for a long time to come. This is the .40, but I can switch out the barrel in about forty seconds and it works just fine in .357. The sights, the grip, the capacity...yum.

Off to traffic court...have a great Monday, ya'll!

Links