What do you carry? - Page 71

What do you carry?

This is a discussion on What do you carry? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Would be my Glock 23 with ether stock barrel or Storm Lake .357 Sig barrel if Maryland would allow law abidding civi's to carry for ...

Page 71 of 331 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 4960
Like Tree757Likes

Thread: What do you carry?

Unhappy

Would be my Glock 23 with ether stock barrel or Storm Lake .357 Sig barrel if Maryland would allow law abidding civi's to carry for protection

I carry Ruger GP100 4" in bianchi belt holster owb

I was carrying a Bersa .380 in the watch pocket of my jeans under a T shirt. Not too comfortable. Now I'm carrying my Kahr CW9 in a Don Hume IWB clip on holster which I wear behind my strong side hip.

Very comfortable in all positions, sitting, bending, whatever. The 9mm as opposed to the .380 is comforting as well. I'm using Corbons but I'm going to switch to Gold Dots which I'll reload myself.

I just switched from a J-frame to this 1st gen G17. Before I even took it out I spent 3 hours working on the stippling & mag well cut outs. Then Came the new recoil spring, NY1 & 3.5# connector. Followed by 500 rounds downrange!
    Attached Images

Distinguished Member

What I carry

XD 9-mm sub-compact on the proper side(left hand) I see there is a few of us leftys out there. Kinda hard to find equipment designed for us. Sometimes carry walther P-22 if I need to beacuse of summer dress. Have a Kel-tec PF-9 ordered, hope its small enough to carry better in summer.

Carry responsibly carry proud

I carry a Smith .38 Airwheight with a fully enclosed hammer...don't want anything to snag at the wrong moment. I usually just put it in my pocket, but while motorcycling it's in a Mike's soft holster that fits in my right boot very nicely
    When in doubt, wup it out....

Senior Member Array f8lranger4x4's Avatar
    Glock 27 in the summer and glock 23 during the winter.

I am about to carry for the very first time. Virgin territory here. I have decided:

1. I dislike carrying my Glocks. Especially with one in the chamber! Too easy to shoot myself in the leg. At least it seems that way when I compare to my 1911's.....

2. I love carrying my 1911's and equiv's... Kimber TLEII/RLII, Custom II, Ruger P345. Most of all I want to try out my BUL M5 Ultra X Compact... bringing it for service next week and with tweaking it should be right as rain and it comes highly recommended. Anyway, the reason I like my 1911's is that they feel safe. SAFE. With one in the chamber, locked and cocked. Why? They have a SAFETY! What a novel idea. AND... the have a GRIP SAFETY! What a great invention. I don't know if everyone is carrying their Glocks with one in the chamber... but in order to get one into the chamber you have to cock the Glock. And there's no way to lock the Glock.

Top of my list for upgrades to my Glocks would be some kind of grip safety; so that, when my trigger gets caught in the branches or underbrush during a chase the gun doesn't go bang in the night.

I love Glock reliability, and I love the weight. But the safety? Wish I had the real statistics on how many have shot themselves in the foot accidentally.

Comments?

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
    I once owned a Ruger P95 DC in stainless. It was a very sweet 9mm gun. Completely reliable, and not much recoil. Accurate. Wish I still had it.
    I have a Ruger P345. Love it. Need a holster for it I think. Got to check out the holster drawer. It's light, accurate, safe and best of all it's a .45.

Quote Originally Posted by torontogunguy View Post
    I am about to carry for the very first time. Virgin territory here. I have decided:

1. I dislike carrying my Glocks. Especially with one in the chamber! Too easy to shoot myself in the leg. At least it seems that way when I compare to my 1911's.....

2. I love carrying my 1911's and equiv's... Kimber TLEII/RLII, Custom II, Ruger P345. Most of all I want to try out my BUL M5 Ultra X Compact... bringing it for service next week and with tweaking it should be right as rain and it comes highly recommended. Anyway, the reason I like my 1911's is that they feel safe. SAFE. With one in the chamber, locked and cocked. Why? They have a SAFETY! What a novel idea. AND... the have a GRIP SAFETY! What a great invention. I don't know if everyone is carrying their Glocks with one in the chamber... but in order to get one into the chamber you have to cock the Glock. And there's no way to lock the Glock.

Top of my list for upgrades to my Glocks would be some kind of grip safety; so that, when my trigger gets caught in the branches or underbrush during a chase the gun doesn't go bang in the night.

I love Glock reliability, and I love the weight. But the safety? Wish I had the real statistics on how many have shot themselves in the foot accidentally.

Comments?
    Welcome to the site Toronto!

One thing that should resonate throughout the land is this....

Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands. - Jeff Cooper

Be safe and carry whatever you are comfortable with. Any gun in hand is better than one left at home!
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

depends on my mood and the way my shirt fits. If it's a baggy shirt i carry either a G23 owb, or Sig 226 in 40 IWB, or G19 owb. if the shirt is a little tighter i carry a M&P 9C IWB or OWB depends on my mood.
    SigP226, SigP232SS, GLock 27, Glock 23, M&P9C, M&P 40C, Tika T3 .308, New England Rifle .17 HMR. DPMS AR-10 .308, Mossberg 500, Bersa .380, Olympic Arms AR15 Pistol, Kimber CDP2 Ultra, Kimber CDP2 compact, S&W 432pd,CX4 storm .40

I used to carry a 1911 but I have since bought a springfield armories XD45, and with the literally hundreds of guns that I have shot that XD is by far the nicest, and its so comfortable to wear, and its 14 shots of .45 ! dont need to carry the second clip.
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference, the MARINES don't have that problem." Pres. Ronald Reagan.

Remember your abilities AND disabilities can become Possibilities!

Semper Fi!

Here's one of mine

Carry Gun 1911 Rev1.jpg[ATTACH][ATTACH]1911 Champion Rev 1.jpg[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

The gun has been hard chromed by accurate plating and weaponry, work by Benny Hill of triangle shooting sports, gun has been dehorned, Novak combat sights, Bar-Sto match barrel, trigger set at 3.75lbs veeeerrrry crisp, all parts hand fitted.

Attached Images
    Last edited by edr9x23super; July 31st, 2007 at 11:51 PM. Reason: forgot the rest, oooops

Px4 Storm 40 cal.

Everyday carry is a Rohrbaugh R9 (9mm), Gerber folder, keys and a phone/camera/mp3

depending on clothing... my Kahr CW9

nights, untucked shirt offers many more options, usually a mid/full size pistol with 12-15 rounds
    NRA, GOA, SAF, JFPO

كافر | ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ | WOLVERINES!

Sponsored Links