What do you carry?

This is a discussion on What do you carry? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sgb I like the grips on the second one....

Page 73 of 321 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 4807
Like Tree561Likes

Thread: What do you carry?

Sgb I like the grips on the second one.

2. Remove Ads

Hey guys...I just found this site, seems interesting. I've been carrying a S&W M&P 40 compact since March, when I bought this gun. Before that, I carried a 9mm S&W 3913. I still own and like this gun a lot. When I can't carry a gun in a belt holster, I carry a S&W 340PD with Crimson Trace laser grips in a pocket holster.
    I guess I depend on S&W for protection!

OD*
    Been carrying this "lettle booger" for the last several months, ya gotta love alloy.

"The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Nice leetle booger Sir.

Currently carrying a Smith model 19-5 2 1/2" in a Tucker Leather OWB revolver pancake. Also a Kel-tec P3AT lives in in front pocket.
    Attached Images

Senior Member Array Knuckledrager's Avatar
    G22 on the clock, G19 off the clock.

Smith & Wesson Mod 36 "J" Frame 38spl, 158 grn Rem. Golden Sabers, Bianchi Speed Strip, Fobus paddle holster. Everyday since 1997.
    What you think you know.... Can kill you!

Gymshews

I carry a Kahr PM9, a sweet little concealable package. I have a small leather outside the belt holster and it is comfortable and less obvious than my cell phone. Great gun IMHO.

Springfield Xd 357 sig tactical.

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    Nice leetle booger Sir.
    Thanks amigo.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

I carry a SA XD 40 SC but when I want to flip it up a little bit I carry my SA 1911 A1.
    Praise the Lord....Pass the ammunition

Joe

FS USP .45 or PT1911

Last edited by P95Carry; August 23rd, 2007 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Hopefully straightened out the image tags!

what i carry

Kimber ultra carry in .45 cal strong side in an uncle mike or a
    Bersa .380 in the same uncle mike on the strong side under an outter shirt or windbreaker .
    the Bersa is quite reliable and more concealable . ammo for both are personal defense hollow point loads . i have a Glock 19 in 9mm but do not like the way it prints in concealed carry .

I have been carrying a S&W Model 60 (stainless, 5 shot, snubby revolver, .38 Special). However, I recently was given an AMT Backup in .38 Super.
    It is a 6+1 semi, stainless, DOA. I am now "trying it out" as my carry weapon. It is 6" long (back of slide to muzzle), 4.25" high (top of slide to bottom of grip) and 15/16" wide (measured at widest point). It is a bit heavy at 24 oz. (fully loaded).
    As I have no waist, belts do me absolutly no good, if I have to tighten a belt enough to hold up my pants, then I can hardly breathe. Therefore, I wear suspenders. This makes it necessary for me to wear a shirt tucked in. Vests, light jackets and other standard "cover garments" are not suitable for work. Due to all of the above, I use a front pocket carry.
    One thing I really like about the AMT is that there are no external safties, levers, hammer, sights or anything else "sticking out" so no snags. I also like the fact that the .38 Super is "hotter" than the .38 Special and I have 2 rounds more capacity. Plus reloading, if necessary, is faster and the extra mag. takes up less space than the 5 shot revolver speed loader.
    My pocket holster is made by KNJ and is basicaly 3 layers of nylon stiched together on 3 sides. the 2 outside layers are cut at about a 30 degree angle from the upper left to the right. The inside surfaces of the nylon are lined with a soft material. The design gives me a "pocket" on the outer and inner of the holster. I carry the pistol in the inside pocket and the extra mag in the outer pocket. This gives some extra weight to the holster and helps it stay in my pocket when I draw the weapon.
    I have enjoyed carrying my Smith, but I think I'm going to like the AMT better. The only downside when compared with the Model 60 is the weight. So far I haven't really noticed it much.
    Last edited by CorpsVet; August 27th, 2007 at 03:08 PM.
    If you give a man a fish, he will eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish, he will sit in a boat and drink beer.

My main carry gun is a S&W M&P .40 full size. When it is hot out or I need something smaller, I carry a S&W Model 36 or a Ruger Speed Six .357.

Links