What do you carry?

This is a discussion on What do you carry? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Man! What a great site! The only two handguns I own for the moment are pictured in my avatar, a S&W 4563TSW and a Beretta ...

Page 75 of 313 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 4688
Like Tree338Likes

Thread: What do you carry?

Man! What a great site!

The only two handguns I own for the moment are pictured in my avatar, a S&W 4563TSW and a Beretta 21A Tomcat in .22 LR. The Smith is huge and heavy, so carrying it during the summer is near impossible, but when I do carry it, it's either in a Bianchi X-15 shoulder rig or an Aker Flatsider paddle. I really don't have a preference over either one of those holsters, they're both very comfortable. My next holster will likely be a Hume shoulder rig which will accommodate my Streamlight TLR-2 light/laser mounted on the gun.

The Beretta pretty much stays in the car in a pocket on the front of the seat-cover right between my legs. It ain't much, but I bet I could dissuade a car-jacker with it! During the summer, it's real easy to carry in any pocket, even lightweight sweat-shorts. I rarely use a holster when carrying it, but if I do, it's just a cheapo Uncle Mike's IWB.

Blues
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -- George Washington

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Man! What a great site!

The only two handguns I own for the moment are pictured in my avatar, a S&W 4563TSW and a Beretta 21A Tomcat in .22 LR. The Smith is huge and heavy, so carrying it during the summer is near impossible, but when I do carry it, it's either in a Bianchi X-15 shoulder rig or an Aker Flatsider paddle. I really don't have a preference over either one of those holsters, they're both very comfortable. My next holster will likely be a Hume shoulder rig which will accommodate my Streamlight TLR-2 light/laser mounted on the gun.

The Beretta pretty much stays in the car in a pocket on the front of the seat-cover right between my legs. It ain't much, but I bet I could dissuade a car-jacker with it! During the summer, it's real easy to carry in any pocket, even lightweight sweat-shorts. I rarely use a holster when carrying it, but if I do, it's just a cheapo Uncle Mike's IWB.

Blues
    Stinger, your S&W looks just like my S&W 4043 .40cal. I cant imagine it's that heavy...but then heavy is in the eye of the carrier.

Here's a comparison look:

I purchased mine from my PD when we switched over to the Sig 229 .40 cal.
    ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED...until --> Y O U <-- verify. Shoot straight, Be safe!!!

At work-having to wear a dress shirt and no jacket I carry my KT P11 in a Defender belly band. Also, being a southpaw, It sits under my right arm in a reverse cant. Not a quickdraw, but NOBODY even knows I have it on. When running around town, I carry my XD9 sc in a IWB at my 11 o'clock with my shirt tail out.

Well, i found this post again, and now that I've got my permit I can officially say that my carry is my XD45.
    "I no longer list firearms I own as a signature. Why give them another list to use when they come to get them?"

JEC

Concealed carry guns

First choice is a Springfield Mil-Spec 1911A1 5" in a Galco CCP.

When circumstances require a something smaller, a S&W model 60. This is usually my choice in warmer months.

From time to time I will even take my Mauser hSC .380 out on the town, so she won't feel neglected.

Jack

My picture in my previous post to this thread doesn' seem to be coming up, I will try again. I have an updated picture anyway. I just go some slim line VZ gatorbacks for it.

Kimber ultra carry

sorry the quality is not very good all I have is the camera on my cell phone.

Quote Originally Posted by RETNAVCPO View Post
    Stinger, your S&W looks just like my S&W 4043 .40cal. I cant imagine it's that heavy...but then heavy is in the eye of the carrier.

Here's a comparison look:

I purchased mine from my PD when we switched over to the Sig 229 .40 cal.
    The only tech-specs I could find on your model was for a 4043TSW with the rail, and it weighs in at 28.5 oz. empty. I doubt the rail weighs much, so I'd say yours is probably in the 27.5 to 28.0 oz. range. Your barrel is 1/4" shorter than mine, and is not nearly as "lumpy" as mine considering you have no decocking lever. Even if yours were the same weight as mine, it would be more comfortable to carry IWB for that reason alone, but it's at least a couple of ounces lighter than mine, which the S&W site says it's 30.6 oz. empty. Put 9 rounds of .45 in there and it's gettin' up there in the obese range!

No matter really though. I've about decided that I'm going to sell the Smith and put the $$ towards an XD-45 compact, maybe the .45 Service model, but I just bought my wife an XD-40 Service and though it's nearly the same size overall of my Smith, it's 2 or 3 ounces lighter and much more comfortable to wear IWB because of the elimination of the safety/decocking lever.

Anyway, back on topic, here's a couple of better pics of my S&W 4563TSW:
    Attached Images
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -- George Washington

HK USP compact .357 sig or XD45 Service

Summer time XD9sc, winter, XD45c, backup H & R 32 S&W long.
    "A man has a right to protect his property and his life"
    Robert Duvall
    Open Range

Until recently I have been carrying a S&W 38 spl with 2 inch barrel either in a pocket holster or OWB . A couple of months ago I purchased a Kel-Tec 9mm PF-9 and have been checking it out at the range and starting to carry IWB behind the right hip in the belt only. I have shot 250 rounds thru it and with no problem, so now have ordered a CrossBreed OwikClip IWB holster which should be great for such a small-thin pistol.
    When tucked into my belt and with even a fairly snug shirt, it can not be seen and has been fairly comfortable, so I expect with the CrossBreed it will be perfect.

My everyday carry...

Kimber Pro CDP II

I carry an XD-9 service and my girlfriend carries a G26.

S&W Sigma 9VE. Everyday,all day.
    Integrity, justice, courage, and action - without these, a person is of no consequence.

I carry glock 19, with two extra mags for comfort. My load is federal 124 HST.

Pocket carry my Keltec P3AT, or wear one of my GLocks IWb, G19, 23, 26 & 27. Also recently got a nice 1911 and fine fitting UGB holster. Was surprised how comfortable it was and how well the 1911 slipped in behind my hip. Never thought I could pull that off with a 5" 1911.

Links