Defensive Carry banner

What do you carry?

2M views 7K replies 4K participants last post by  KevinRohrer 
#1 ·
Just wondering what gun(s) every one else carries.

I carry a SIG P239 in 9mm most of the time, but now that the weather is cooler and jackets are in order, the SIG P229 in .40 get the call.

I still dream of the day that i get a commander size 1911 GSR from SIG in .40

#4,221 ·
Sig Nightmare Carry (4.25" Bobtail) with VZ grips and Comp-Tac IWB holster.

And a pic of the same pistol with the old factory grips sitting next to my "I don't feel like carrying" EDC - S&W Shield 9mm in a Comp-Tac Infidel Ultra.

I also have an an HK USP9c that sees a fair amount of carry time, and a HK45c that does occasional carry duty and frequent nighstand duty with an extended mag.

#4,222 ·
Glock 23 Gen 4 with Hornady FTX defense rounds in a King Tuck. BUG is a Kel Tec P3AT with JHP's in pocket or ankle holster.

I am seriously considering buying an XDs .45 to move into the rotation. I sold an XDm 3.8 9mm a week ago and kind of miss it already.

#4,225 · (Edited)
Hi I'm new here. I had a Sig P239 and it was a great pistol and fun to shoot and loved it. Put over 100 rounds through it with no issue. I wanted something better for carry and it was just too heavy. I recently the other day sold it and purchased a NIB M&P 9c. Alot lighter and very comfy in my IWB holster. Its not a shield but is good enough for me. The weight alone even with the 10 round capacity its still lighter than my sig.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

#4,226 ·
I carry an XD-45 in an IWB near the small of my back with 2 spare IWB 10-round mags. Other times I carry a Springfield 1911-A1 either in the same place or on my hip. Also carry 2 spare 10-round mags IWB. I use the comp-tac holster system. I've carried both at times when traveling. It took some getting used to, but am comfortable with either or both now. I am researching a cross draw for one of them. When I wear a suit, I carry the XD and also a Luger P380 in a t-shirt holster under the arm.