Defensive Carry banner

What do you carry?

2M views 7K replies 4K participants last post by  KevinRohrer 
#1 ·
Just wondering what gun(s) every one else carries.

I carry a SIG P239 in 9mm most of the time, but now that the weather is cooler and jackets are in order, the SIG P229 in .40 get the call.

I still dream of the day that i get a commander size 1911 GSR from SIG in .40

#30 ·
Carry Gun

Sig P245 with Meprolights. Glock M27 also with Meprolights. Colt Combat Commander 45 with Ashley Outdoors BIG DOT tritium front sight (wife\'s gun). Always a Blade Tech IWB. Always a sp mag behind left hip. Getting a Sig P220 with SureFire X200 and I might carry that too. Depends on how well it conceals in a Blade Tech Paddle Holster under a Banana Republic vest.

I\'m new here. Looks like a great site. Have already notified my IDPA club and given them the link.

Reactions: sparkyfender
#36 ·
I find myself carrying a Glock 26 (newest model) more and more, with two 17-rounders in reserve.

I carry in a SmartCarry, for the most part. I have a Glock 36 that I\'ve used a fair amount in it, and a brace of 3\" J-frames (a .357 model 60-15 and a .38 36-1) that also ride in it on occasion.

But I do find that I\'m carrying the Glock 9mm most of the time.

Reactions: bmcgilvray
#37 ·
Carry piece is a Colt LW Commander .45 in a Milt Sparks Summer Special, one spare mag in a Sparks IWB pouch.

Alternate carry is a S&W M60 in a Don Hume #715 S.O.O.T. IWB holster, one speedloader in a DeSantis pouch.

Reactions: sparkyfender
#38 ·
Erich

What does a \"Smart Carry\" holster look like? Can you post a pic?:cool:

#41 ·
Yup, that\'s it, Bumper.

I suppose that I should clarify, though: I carry the SmartCarry Security model. This holster/belt has an additional pocket behind the gun pocket - it\'s very slim, and designed to carry money, passports, or other papers. The other thing about the Security model is that it has two identically sized gun pockets on the front - it\'s ambidextrous. (This is what enables me to comfortably carry two 3\" J-frame revolverts.)

#45 ·
Smart Carry

Well, it seems to me that it used to be known as ThunderWear. I had one a long time ago, but I stopped wearing it because my wife complained that one too many waitresses gave me \"the eye.\" Made the wife mad.

I just don\'t understand women. It\'s not like it was \"false advertising\" or something. Still, the holster wasn\'t very comfortable to wear and the draw wasn\'t quite as smooth as advertised, either.

#46 ·
Well since I live in middle of nothing I normally carry a PPK/S or my Mustang. If Iam headed for the city, Lex. or Louisville I step up to my Commander and Mustang in pocket. :)

#3,561 ·
I'm from rural Ky., and I carry my Glock 26 ALL the time- what can I say, I like familiarity?! But just in case I can't carry the Glock , I have a Ruger LCP and a KLCR-357 available as stand-ins. Of all my guns, the Glock is hands-down my favorite, but that little pocket bugger just disappears in all clothing, especially with the DeSantis pocketshot. Sometimes, I'll carry both- the Glock and the LCP, or the Glock and the KLCR. Sometimes though, it's all three: Glock 26 in a PJHolsters tuckable iwb, the LCP in the pocketshot, and the revolver in a Ready Holsters ankle holster!:danceban:

#47 ·
Originally posted by Scunyon
Kick your kids ass now, so I won\'t have to later
I did already, I think it\'s your turn now :D

Originally posted by ExSoldier762
Well, it seems to me that it used to be known as ThunderWear. I had one a long time ago, but I stopped wearing it because my wife complained that one too many waitresses gave me \"the eye.\" Made the wife mad.

I just don\'t understand women. It\'s not like it was \"false advertising\" or something. Still, the holster wasn\'t very comfortable to wear and the draw wasn\'t quite as smooth as advertised, either.
The SmartCarry was previously know as ThunderWear; they changed the name. After your report, I may have to finally break down and buy one ;)

#48 ·
How do you like that USPc .45? It\'s on my shopping list.
I love it. It fits my small hands well, is easy to shoot, is accurate, reliable, concealable, and dissassembles so easily. The price on USPs are obnoxious, but my life is worth more. Mine has the ambi safety and I carry decocked/safety off. It also has XS Sights tritium Big Dots. :cool:

#49 · (Edited by Moderator)
USP45c

I love it. It fits my small hands well, is easy to shoot, is accurate, reliable, concealable, and dissassembles so easily. The price on USPs are obnoxious, but my life is worth more. Mine has the ambi safety and I carry decocked/safety off. It also has XS Sights tritium Big Dots. :cool:
Thanks Betty. Sounds like a nice sidearm. I\'m looking forward to getting my hands on one.

SSKC

#51 ·
P-239 .357sig in a Milt Sparks VMII. I also carry the P-232 at times or my 9000s Beretta .40 S&W. Just depends where I am going.. ie fishing, work, etc. But the P-239 is my main carry @ 99% of the time.:)