Ruger LC9 - Page 2

Ruger LC9

This is a discussion on Ruger LC9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; J frame Originally Posted by Walk Soft So i got lucky and with the help of a new guy at the range/store i got a ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ruger LC9

Senior Member Array High Altitude's Avatar
    J frame

Quote Originally Posted by Walk Soft View Post
    So i got lucky and with the help of a new guy at the range/store i got a new lc9 and 2 extra clips.He had seen them come that morning and didn,t know about the list.When i went to the range i took 3 different 50 boxes of ammo.Out of 150 shots I had one"light strike". It shot 1 1/2 feet low at 7 yards and wouldn't group.Gonna send it back tomorrow and i,m confident with ruger,s customer service because of what i,ve heard n read. Had no luck with cw40,pt 709 slim.Love my G30 but it,s too big n heavy.I,ve checked other glock subcompacts but they,re too thick and the slimG36 is too big length and heightwise.ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Here's my LC9:

Lateck,
    Proud Ruger & SIG owner, in the Free State of Arizona

New Guy, Too!

Quote Originally Posted by Walk Soft View Post
    So i got lucky and with the help of a new guy at the range/store i got a new lc9 and 2 extra clips.He had seen them come that morning and didn,t know about the list.When i went to the range i took 3 different 50 boxes of ammo.Out of 150 shots I had one"light strike". It shot 1 1/2 feet low at 7 yards and wouldn't group.Gonna send it back tomorrow and i,m confident with ruger,s customer service because of what i,ve heard n read. Had no luck with cw40,pt 709 slim.Love my G30 but it,s too big n heavy.I,ve checked other glock subcompacts but they,re too thick and the slimG36 is too big length and heightwise.ANY SUGGESTIONS?
    Depends what you think of the .380 round. My Bersa Thunder Plus .380 with a 15 round mag should do the job in most cases. An " expert " I read said it matters more where you shoot the BG and how many times than what you shoot! He spent 20+ years as a LEO, so I think he is qualified to speak. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by jclaudek View Post
    Depends what you think of the .380 round. My Bersa Thunder Plus .380 with a 15 round mag should do the job in most cases. An " expert " I read said it matters more where you shoot the BG and how many times than what you shoot! He spent 20+ years as a LEO, so I think he is qualified to speak. Good luck!
    Thanks and you make a good point but I can't bring myself to go that small.

450 rounds since returned from Ruger.No problems.Shoots everything!Very acurate.Trigger not so good.Overall great gun.

I now see that Kimber has joined the group with thier Solo carry STS 9mm. It looks nice, but wears that Kimber price tag! Decisions,decisions
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

Back from the range again.500 rounds(mostly really cheap ones)since returned from Ruger.No problems.I'm getting better with that long trigger.It's actually really acurate for what it is.The more I shoot it the more I like it.I started carrying it today in a cheap pocket holster.Love how it carries.I keep forgetting it's there.Wouldn't sale it for a profit now.Kinda sorry I ever doubted Ruger now.Now if the Crimson Trace Laserguard would come out........

Thumbs up Re: Ruger LC9

I own a Ruger LC9 and I love it to death. That being said, this is my first CC pistol owned (as I got my CCL recently).
    I have shot about 200 +- rounds with the LC9 and have had no issues. It did take me sometime to get use to the trigger(as it is a long pull) and adjusting to the grip. At first I was firing low left, but it was mostly due to too strong of a grip with my left hand. (odd I know but apparently that was the issue) Either way, that was my only issue. The kick is not bad for a small frame and cleaning it was easy as well.
    I have carried it for both a short time to a long time (<1hr to as much as >4hrs) also in many positions from sitting to walking and even climbing. With the LC9 being such a compact size, i haven't had issues with concealing it all that much. I strongly recommend having a quality holster for sure (but that goes without saying) I have experimented with 2 different ones already (pocket, which i didn't care for, and a IWB Uncle Sam one, which i also don't like or recommend.) I currently am waiting on a Tuck-This 2 and will give a fallow up once I have worn it for about a week. Though I'm thinking that I will be satisfied with that product.

Dojoman, do you have a link for the tuck this holster you ordered?
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

ABSOLUTELY LOVE MY LC9!

Got a DESANTIS POCKET HOLSTER as well as a DESANTIS belt holster.

Beautiful pistol, and I was surprised at the quality and detail of this gun, very solid.
    Trigger isn't bad.

I predict this will be a very popular gun for anybody that wants a small compact light EDC!
    Last edited by XDMc Shooter; June 24th, 2011 at 05:29 PM.

I've had my LC9 for about three weeks now, and I love it. I traded my LCR in for it after deciding I wanted to try something a little less "bulky" in the middle for carrying. It'll take a bit to get used to that long trigger, but practice makes good :) Bought a Remora no clip IWB holster and have had nothing but good things to say about both.

The LC9 is on my 'buy' list in about 6 months.
    Babyhulk
    NRA Life Member since 2010

Can anyone give a description of how the LC9 trigger compares to that of the Kahr CW9? Both guns are very similar in size, weight, capacity, etc.

I have a CW9, and it has never failed me, but I would like the option of a safety. I have never seen an LC9 yet, so I have not had the chance to compare for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsclaw View Post
    Can anyone give a description of how the LC9 trigger compares to that of the Kahr CW9? Both guns are very similar in size, weight, capacity, etc.

I have a CW9, and it has never failed me, but I would like the option of a safety. I have never seen an LC9 yet, so I have not had the chance to compare for myself.
    About the same "length" of pull but a little stiffer. The hammer is partially cocked when the slide cycles. It's smooth and predictable. I prefer it to my CW9. It has always felt Ike it had a marshmallow behind the trigger.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links