Ruger LC9 - Page 3

Ruger LC9

This is a discussion on Ruger LC9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've wanted an LC9 for quite sometime. I keep delaying. I think the LC9 would be a great EDC for summer. The Kahr's are very ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ruger LC9

I've wanted an LC9 for quite sometime. I keep delaying. I think the LC9 would be a great EDC for summer. The Kahr's are very solid and I've never picked one up that did not feel great in my hand. Aren't choices wonderful!
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Checked one out at my dealer... looks like a fine piece. I'm 6'2'' so it fit just fine into my pocket of my jeans.

I like the way my LC9 shoots when it is not failing to eject. For that delightful issue, it is off to Arizona for a check up with Ruger. If Ruger can fix the FTE, this gun will join my carry rotation. It was much more pleasant to shoot and more accurate for me than a Kel-Tec PF9 that I tried.

Quote Originally Posted by mwhartman View Post
    I've wanted an LC9 for quite sometime. I keep delaying. I think the LC9 would be a great EDC for summer. The Kahr's are very solid and I've never picked one up that did not feel great in my hand. Aren't choices wonderful!
    Agreed! I've got numerous options but I still go back to the Kahr's every time.

KCGator
    Glock 23, 26, 27, 30, & 36
    Kahr PM9, PM40, & PM45
    Springfield Armory XD9SC & XD40SC
    Taurus 85GRY2UL
    Beretta PX4 Storm SC 9mm
    Keltec P3AT & NAA 22LLR

There is a reason so many manufacterers are copying a Kahr PM9. Get the original. If to expensive get Kahrs copy; a CM9.

I like the way my LC9 shoots when it is not failing to eject.
    Definitely something wrong there. Mine has been flawless with WWB, Wolf, Remington, American, Federal, Corbon, and reloads purchased at my local gun range. Not one FTF or FTE in the 1000 rounds I have through it. This is consistent with what I've read from other owners.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

love mine. very accurate. will eat any ammo and goes bang every time. The trigger is long and a little hard, but very manageable. Where the car is silky smooth.

steve

Quote Originally Posted by shockwave View Post
    Definitely something wrong there. Mine has been flawless with WWB, Wolf, Remington, American, Federal, Corbon, and reloads purchased at my local gun range. Not one FTF or FTE in the 1000 rounds I have through it. This is consistent with what I've read from other owners.
    I hope mine is just like that when it gets back from Ruger. I really like the size and it's accuracy.
    .357 mag, When you care enough to send the very best!

eb
    While I hated the trigger on my LC9 and traded it quickly, I will say that I never had any FTE or FTF issues whatsoever. It seemed completely reliable to me. Replaced with a Kahr MK9...

HELP - LC9 dismay

I purchased an Lc9- fired two mags 6 rounds each. The 3rd mag 1st shot click! Same sound the next 11 shots. Loaded 6 of the carts in my 92fs all six fired as advertised! Called Ruger and was advised I need to try a different ammo until I find one that works. Is this a hand gun that can be called on when needed! Other Faq issues have stated that seems that the primer melts and clogs the firing pin chamber-results in soft hits to the following carts. Has anyone else had this issue-any other explanations?

I was considering the Kahr, the LC9, the Kimber Solo and the Sig p290. I eliminated the LC9 because it's bigger than the others. I ended up with the Sig because I love the sights. They're so much easier for my aging eyes to pick up. I also love the 8-round mag that extends the grip for range shooting. But I was impressed with all four guns. Any of them is a good choice depending on your tastes and needs.

I purchased an LC9 when they first became avaiable. I do not think of it as quite a pocket pistol, i.e. for trousers, but I have done so. For slipping in a jacket pocket it is ideal. It also conceals well in a holster. I consider it an excellent self defense pistol, which is very likely to be carried when something larger would be left at home. Seven rounds, accurate and easy to handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekwconch View Post
    I purchased an Lc9- fired two mags 6 rounds each. The 3rd mag 1st shot click! Same sound the next 11 shots. Loaded 6 of the carts in my 92fs all six fired as advertised! Called Ruger and was advised I need to try a different ammo until I find one that works. Is this a hand gun that can be called on when needed! Other Faq issues have stated that seems that the primer melts and clogs the firing pin chamber-results in soft hits to the following carts. Has anyone else had this issue-any other explanations?
    You need to call customer service again. I would be sending my gun back to Ruger. There shouldn't be any reason for a properly functioning gun not to go bang when you pull the trigger. By the way, whet kind of ammo where you using?
    .357 mag, When you care enough to send the very best!

THis thread reminds me of a pearl of wisdom from Even Marshall over at the Stopping Power forum, "never buy a gun that has not been out in the market for a while". It seems that over the past few years, one gun after another from leading manufacturers who have reputations for producing quality products nevertheless evidence serious issues with new products when they are first introduced. The LC9 is one example, but so are the M&P, the new S&W Enhanced Series 1911, the Kimber Solo, the Kahr PM series, etc.

In the case of the M&P and the Kahr, I think the manufacturers have rectified the problems over time, but all things considered, it reminds me of the software industry where software that is not fully tested is released to paying customers for what amounts to a customer paying to be a beta tester.

As for me, I have been lucky, I bought both my M&P and my PM9 after they had been in the market for a number of years and both run flawlessly, but when it come to guns and cars - both of which my life depends upon - I typically wait a year or two before buying a new model. On the other hand, when it comes to software, I typically upgrade as soon as I can. I've paid the price for this by having to uninstall or roll back to earlier versions of software, but I prefer not to experiment this way with a gun.

My LC9 has been very reliable if I can just get the trigger pull down.

There are some things I don't like about it, just like there is with every pistol I've ever picked up. I could do without the mag disconnect, the loaded chamber indicator is ok but about twice the size it needs to be and the trigger pull is long and pretty heavy.

On the plus side you can carry it all day in the heat and forget itís there, which in a carry gun is a pretty important fact. I do shoot it a heck of a lot better than I shoot the LCP. I've decided that little gun is almost a contact weapon in my case.

If mine wasn't feeding or cycling a particular type of ammo I'd call Ruger and politely insist they do something about it because that's not been my experience with the pistol.
    One of the fundamental truths of the universe is that there isn't anything that cannot be improved with the addition of pirates, ninjas, strippers, midgets or monkeys.

"A car door is not cover. In fact a car is not cover. Cement is." - military contractor in Iraq 2004

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links