Ruger LC9

This is a discussion on Ruger LC9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Thekwconch Called Ruger and was advised I need to try a different ammo until I find one that works. If a Ruger ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ruger LC9

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekwconch View Post
    Called Ruger and was advised I need to try a different ammo until I find one that works.
    If a Ruger rep said this I would not consider this gun for purchase.

2. Remove Ads

There are some things I don't like about it, just like there is with every pistol I've ever picked up. I could do without the mag disconnect, the loaded chamber indicator is ok but about twice the size it needs to be and the trigger pull is long and pretty heavy.
    Good points. Of course, I took mine apart and when I got it all back together, why - clumsy me! - I'd forgotten to put the mag disconnect back in. Ah well. I'll just have to live with that. On the plus side, it did seem to improve the trigger a bit.

The chamber indicator is one of those "who cares?" things for me. When I see people carping about it, it's like watching two guys arguing about synthetic oil vs dino. It's hard to get worked up about it. Actually, I kinda like it. It doesn't bother anything or interfere with the sight picture.

The trigger pull is long, but it's also a safety edge - Given that I carry in "condition one," safety off, it's good to know that it will take a fairly deliberate action on my part to fire. I'd prefer it be a little shorter, but it's something I can handle and the gun is accurate at combat distance. I'm getting some tight groupings now with 1000 rounds through it.

It's my preferred carry piece now.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

1100+ rounds through mine without a problem. More to come.....

Typically shots low to the left are from operator "trigger-snatch"..RE: Ken Hackathorn or Larry Vickers). Unfortunately the LC9 has a veerryy long trigger pull and too much over-travel which adds to thre oprator inadvertiantly snatching the trigger. It is really hard to maintain a good smooth squeeze with the LC9, although it can be corrected with one of Galloway's drop-in kits which reduce the length of pull and over-travel. Perhaps there are other kits on the market too.., I would be interested in hearing about any other modifications.

LC9 Belt Clip is Awesome!

I just installed my clip and here are some pics. I did get a little rust on the slide. Being in FL I can understand that. A buddy at the gun store cleaned off the rust with some gun solvent. He told me to keep it clean every day and I should be good. Today Im going to wear a wife beater under my shirt and see if that helps. I wore the belt with my dress slacks and itconcealed the firearm completely and comfortably.
    Attached Images

You got 2 extra Magazines, not clips, clips feed or load magazines. Sorry Walk Soft, with the anti gun people out there calling any rifle an assault rifle and magazines clips. I want us gun people to use the right terminology. A magazine is not a clip and a clip is not a magazine. . My daughter bought a LC9 with the laser and loves it, I have shot it and am thinking on getting one myself, shoots great.

Quote Originally Posted by jumusiq View Post
    I just installed my clip and here are some pics. I did get a little rust on the slide. Being in FL I can understand that. A buddy at the gun store cleaned off the rust with some gun solvent. He told me to keep it clean every day and I should be good. Today Im going to wear a wife beater under my shirt and see if that helps. I wore the belt with my dress slacks and itconcealed the firearm completely and comfortably.
    Is that very comfortable with no holster? I'm still looking and trying different holsters. I've never seen a clip attached to the gun that way. Looks great.

Feels great bud! I even forget its there!

Just picked up my LC9 Monday. How you liking yours?

I love my LC9.. Shot it at the range today with my SR9 and the accuracy is amazing!

Went to Buds today and fired 50 rounds through a rental, came home and decided to put one on reserve. Hopefully it comes in very soon.

I had an LCP but it was a bit too small for my hand. Went with the LC9. Fine gun, well prices, easy to slip into a pocket holster. Its my BUG and Summer beach carry gun.
    (4) Springfield Armory XD-40 Sub Compact
    (1) Ruger LC9
    NRA Member

"Molon labe" "From my cold dead hands"

Two weeks ago, I found an LC9 at Grice Gun Shop Grice Gun Shop - Pennsylvania's Largest Gun Shop with a Laser Max for $379. Was able to get to the range a few days later. I'm very happy with my purchase. Not a range gun but I knew that prior to purchasing. It is a nice option for carry especially in warmer weather.

Waiting for my Remora
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links