Mini-Micro-Subcompact, Supertanium Lightweight

This is a discussion on Mini-Micro-Subcompact, Supertanium Lightweight within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, for me it is concealability and then comfort. I can tuck my PM9 into a crossbreed (or smartcarry, but frankly, the crossbreed is more ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Mini-Micro-Subcompact, Supertanium Lightweight

Well, for me it is concealability and then comfort. I can tuck my PM9 into a crossbreed (or smartcarry, but frankly, the crossbreed is more comfortable to me) and wear it all day long without hardly noticing it. I can also tuck my G19 in a crossbreed and wear it all day long... but I notice it MUCH more and I worry about the bulge more. It is simply not as easy to conceal.

With the PM9 having 6+1 and a spare 7 mag in the pocket I have 14 rounds of 9MM +P goodness on my person.
    "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
    You are not paranoid if They are actually out to get you, however, They probably are not and you probably are.

2. Remove Ads

My EDC is a compact 1911 in a tuckable IWB holster similar to a supertuck. When I use it tucked, it is harder to get to, but I can take my coat off (especially in church) and you can't tell it's there. Admittedly, I am a big guy and can carry the weight of an all steel 1911, even a compact one is heavy.
    I think the rise in sales for the smaller guns is also because when they came on the market, people who had never bought a gun, suddenly wanted one. Many current gun owners bought the smaller guns, but I think far more were bought by those who had never bought a gun. This was a new, previously untapped market and these pocket guns caught on big time. Smart marketing move.
    "The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
    - G. K. Chesterton

I think that many people are new to carrying guns, or guns in general, and being small, lightweight, and generally more concealable appeals to them more as someone new to guns.

VIP Member
    For myself, I see a pattern of where I started with full-size range guns, then when I started to cc, bought cheap holsters and came to the conclusion that the guns were too big. So then came the mini's, subs and micro's. As I honed my craft and learned about better holsters and belts, I came back to cc'ing the big boys again. Although the mini-sub-micros still come in handy as backup.

This has been a much more interesting thread than I envisioned, mainly due to all those that have been good enough to contribute. Thank you.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links