AMT .45 Backup rises from the ashes - now available again! - Page 7

AMT .45 Backup rises from the ashes - now available again!

This is a discussion on AMT .45 Backup rises from the ashes - now available again! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm new to the site and also looking at a AMT .45 to buy with a serial # DL 226XX . I can not find ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: AMT .45 Backup rises from the ashes - now available again!

I'm new to the site and also looking at a AMT .45 to buy with a serial # DL 226XX . I can not find any info on the serial # as to DOB , generation , possible value , any links / info that would lead me to steps doing a fluff & buff if I end up purchasing this AMT Backup , and lastly what specifically to notice while examining the gun which would steer me away from it. Anything you can send on (sooner than later) is GREATLY APPRECIATED . Best regards , Mousetrap

No AMTs for me

If this .45 is anything like the old generation 380 AMT back-up, I would not purchase it...I had a difficult time getting ball ammunition to feed through the 380 back in the '80s...got rid of it and bought a Sig P230 as a back-up.

Hey mousetrap! Get it you will be happy. I bought mine used with a dl 15xx and it fires everything I put in it corbon speer remington hollow points great clos quarters gun. Only complaint is the long trigger reach(Ihave small hands) my kahr pm45 has a better reach and has more holster makers. I got a don hume iwb with sweat shield for my amt 45. Nice holster especially for the price. I would never consider selling mine. I know of two others who really like theirs too makes me wonder about the people who post bad news but I guess there are bad and good news for every make even my kahr pm45 has people knocking them. I have a masterpiece arms .380 that is a miniature amt right down to the grooved sight that people complain about but mine is good in that one too. Good luck and keep us posted. Pm me with a number and will gladly discuss further

I just picked up an older (Irwindale) Backup in .45. It's just a smidge taller than my LCP and about 1/2" longer. It is a solid chunk of steel and "barks real nice" when fired. Recoil is not too bad. It fed FMJs just fine and tomorrow I'll find out how it likes hollowpoints and lead roundnose.
    I like the odd stuff and so far I like this AMT. I think it will make a fine "little gun" and may even replace the LCP.
    Now to get to work making a couple of holsters for it. I'm thinking a wallet holster, a pocket holster and maybe a crossdraw.

QKShooter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bugboy View Post
    I just picked up an older (Irwindale) Backup in .45. .... Recoil is not too bad. .......
    LOL, you must have some powerfully strong hands.

My AMT .45 barks and bites, with some pretty serious recoil, and often times a little blood too. Definitely not for the lady shooter or first-timer. My hands have always been strong, and I work out regularly with grip exercisers to retain that hand strength.
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

I'm getting some light strikes with my .45 Backup so I ordered a Wolf extra power recoil spring to see if that fixes my problem. It takes one or two extra double-strikes to set off the primer. It looks like someone may have tampered with the recoil spring,,, one end of the spring appears to have been cut. The coil on the "cut end" does not make a full coil, just kind of the stub hanging out in mid air.
    On a positive note, the gun has fed and cycled everything I have put in it,,, factory FMJ, LRN reloads, Black Talon HP, and XTP reloads.
    I'm looking forward to getting the new spring in and making this "bad little SOB" run good.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Sponsored Links