Hi Power

This is a discussion on Hi Power within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Dug out my Practical Browning Hipower the other day an put a hundred rounds through it. It really shoots sweet still. I had taken the ...

Thread: Hi Power

Hi Power

Dug out my Practical Browning Hipower the other day an put a hundred rounds through it. It really shoots sweet still. I had taken the magazine disconnect out of it and sure enough just as people had said it made the single action trigger even smoother to shoot. Love it. I keep a flush fitting MeGGar 15 round magazine in mine. The thing is awesome and good to carry as well because of the rounded commander style hammer that is on the practical model making it not as sharp against your body when carrying IWB.
    If you can read this thank a teacher. If it is written in English thank a Marine.

2. Remove Ads

Cool

I love my 1964 T-Series with C&S extended safety, Heinie Lo- Pro sights and Hogue Coco Bolo grip panels. I have never had the mag disconnector removed and it has a good trigger for me but that may be a modification I should try.

photo.jpg
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

I bought my first Hi Power in 1977. I've loved them since then.

Classic sidearms -- beautiful, accurate and reliable.
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less".
    General Robert E. Lee

I know this is travesty but I have been getting into the FEG clones. I have a MKII but if you find the right FEG I would not hesitate to buy one of them either. FMs always kind of looked beat up to me and maybe because they were.

But yeah, I sold a HP to buy a 1911 about a month ago and that has been a mistake.

GM
    Unfortunately many people do not know how sweet a BHP is
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    Unfortunately many people do not know how sweet a BHP is
    Sad but true.

Do you think it's the price that puts them off?

Or do they not appreciate the history, ergos, reliability and accuracy behind this breathtaking (to me) sidearm?

It puzzles me.
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less".
    General Robert E. Lee

I took my BHP to the range yesterday and shot 100 rounds! Six of us setup two different IDPA stages and had a great time. The Browning MK III shot wonderful. I will say this if an uninitiated shoots a BHP they are usually stunned! A truly great pistol. I also have a Charles Daly Hi-Power finished in the US, made in Hungary by FEG it is also a great shooter.

-- Richard
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!" -- Sir Winston Churchill

If I had a chance on a Hi-Power, I'd jump on it

My cousin has one that he got several years ago, it's one sweet pistol
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Dad bought me a BHP back in 1992 when I graduated college...it disapeared from my wrecked truck after I left for the hospitol with a friend to have myself checked out....the police were the only ones at the scene. The police said they never saw a pistol and said it probably was thrown out of the truck on impact, i said "but the doors and all windows remained in tact and closed".
    I still m is that gun today.

1951 - 2011
    Hello. If interested, here are some of the reasons why the Hi Power has been my favorite all-around 9mm pistol for 4 decades now:

Why the 9mm Hi Power Remains a Favorite of Mine

Best and good shooting to all.

Quote Originally Posted by earlthegoat2 View Post
    I know this is travesty but I have been getting into the FEG clones. I have a MKII but if you find the right FEG I would not hesitate to buy one of them either. FMs always kind of looked beat up to me and maybe because they were.
    I had a couple of BHP Practical models and they were poor examples :( I always did like the "in the hand" feel of the HP however and picked up a FEG clone. It's been a better gun for me than the more expensive Brownings I had. But I'm not really a fan of 9mm.

jyo
    Ya, I own many pistols and revolvers, but the P35 has a special place in my heart---currently own three---an older "C" series ring-hammer pistol in mint condition (shoots great!)---a 1978 blued Hi Power with fixed sights, not quite mint (carried for many years, still nice)---and my latest and maybe greatest shooter, a FN marked MK111 matte finish with SFS system factory installed---amazing shooter and one of the last guns I would ever part with. Ya, you gotta love a good P35!

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    I love my 1964 T-Series with C&S extended safety, Heinie Lo- Pro sights and Hogue Coco Bolo grip panels. I have never had the mag disconnector removed and it has a good trigger for me but that may be a modification I should try.

photo.jpg
    Mine is set up pretty much the same way...C&S safety, military hammer and Novaks...everything you need, nothing you don't. Oh, and my mag safety is disconnected....)

Links