Video review of the S&W M&P9c

This is a discussion on Video review of the S&W M&P9c within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Notman I have a FS and a compact. My FS has the mag disconnect on and you have to flip the lever ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Video review of the S&W M&P9c

Quote Originally Posted by Notman View Post
    I have a FS and a compact. My FS has the mag disconnect on and you have to flip the lever inside to release the sear. on my compact you can just pull the trigger to release the sear.

Have had the compact for three weeks and love it. I modified the large backstrap by removing the the beavertail part of it and did a starburst stipple job on it and the front strap. Just put all the apex parts in tonight along with Dawson sight. I am very happy with the way it shoots and carries sooo much better then my FS.
    In what ways do you think the compact shoots better than the FS? I was thinking about getting a FS as well, although I'm not exactly sure why. I just kinda want one of the dark earth colored ones. What did you use to do the stipple job?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Notman View Post
    I have a FS and a compact. My FS has the mag disconnect on and you have to flip the lever inside to release the sear. on my compact you can just pull the trigger to release the sear.

I've never heard anyone ever report that before, and I have also frequented the The #1 Compact, Full Size, and Modified M&P Pistol Source :: MP-Pistol.com website.

I never, ever bother fiddling with the sear deactivation lever with either pistol. Not on the full size, or on the compact either.

The full size 9mm/357 Sig/40 S&W is really not that difficult to carry. It is not that much bigger than a Glock 23.

Quote Originally Posted by SnareMan View Post
    In what ways do you think the compact shoots better than the FS? I was thinking about getting a FS as well, although I'm not exactly sure why. I just kinda want one of the dark earth colored ones. What did you use to do the stipple job?
    Not saying the compact shoots better then the fullsize just that it carries better for me. I carried the FS for two years and its not hard to conceal. The shorter grip is a given the it will print less but the shorter barrel also made it much more comfortable. It doesn't hit a chair when sitting which inturn would shove the beavertail into my side.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    I've never heard anyone ever report that before, and I have also frequented the The #1 Compact, Full Size, and Modified M&P Pistol Source :: MP-Pistol.com website.

I never, ever bother fiddling with the sear deactivation lever with either pistol. Not on the full size, or on the compact either.

The full size 9mm/357 Sig/40 S&W is really not that difficult to carry. It is not that much bigger than a Glock 23.

With the mag disconnect the triggerbar moves to the side and will not make contact with the sear when there is not a mag in it. There for you have to flip the lever on it to so that the sear will go down to remove the slide.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links