What the heck?

This is a discussion on What the heck? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Glocks are horrible firearms!!!! Junk!!! I don't know why people just don't just get rid of them so they don't own such a piece of ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: What the heck?

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    Glocks are horrible firearms!!!! Junk!!! I don't know why people just don't just get rid of them so they don't own such a piece of crap!! Now I will give you all $100 a piece for your glocks to do you a favor and get them off your hands.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

2. Remove Ads

I agree with the OP. If your gun works for you great. I personally don't like Glocks. They don't fit my hand very well. But they are well made dependable guns. I could care less if others love or hate them, that's for them to decide.

A lot of those youtube videos and other crap like that on the internet are just a waste of time.

Find a gun you like and carry it, all the time!

I will however go out of my way to bash Kel Tec each time I can after my horrible experience with a PF9.

I just want to say my M&P is nowhere near as difficult to take down as my fiance's CW9. That thing is a nightmare and a half.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Polymer pistols inevitably get compared to Glocks because they have become the "standard" for what a polymer gun "should" be. Sort of like why everyone compares their appliance sedans to the camry or accord, or compares their pick up trucks to the F150 or Silverado (or Ram).

I do not hate Glocks, I don't dislike Glocks, I think they are a great firearm. However I will probably never own one as they do not suit me fit wise. And for you Glock lovers out there I don't think your girlfriend is ugly either.
    LET FREEDOM REIGN NOT GOVERNMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Dragman View Post
    Glocks are horrible firearms!!!! Junk!!! I don't know why people just don't just get rid of them so they don't own such a piece of crap!! Now I will give you all $100 a piece for your glocks to do you a favor and get them off your hands.
    Lol, me to, i'll give $100 a piece also. Man there is so many guns I would like to own, G19, G27, G22, G17 just to name a few. Im currently working on a AR15. Anyway, to all the guys who own the M&P, im sorry, I really shouldnt have said what I said in my original post. I dont believe in putting someone's fire arm down, im sure the M&P is one heck of a pistol and I would really like to try one out. After I started this thread last night and settled down, I was like I cant believe I even started this. I let some lil young punks get me all fustrated, lol.
    Generation 4 Glock 23
    Son, if you want something in this life you have to work for it,
    now quiet! there about to announce the lottery numbers........ Homar Simpson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by imthduke View Post
    Industry standard for what?
    For mass produced combat handguns.

I understand you're a spiffy custom gun guy and you probably don't like Glocks, but your like or dislike of Glocks shouldn't blind you to the fact that the Glock revolutionized the handgun market. Nobody, I mean NOBODY, made a pistol that could rival the G17 in size, weight and capacity when it was released. The G17 forever changed peoples opinion of what a combat handgun could be. Denying it or pretending it's not true doesn't change the reality of it one bit. The Glock pistols revolutionized the handgun market in the same way that the AR 15 changed the face of combat rifle production. Like them or not, they are now the industry standard.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and Ió
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

Seems like many folks need validation for their choices. The bottom line is , that for a relatively low price, Glock makes a product that works beyond what was currently available 25 years ago. They were inovative and radical, but they took reliability and durability to a higher standard. Combined with light weight and hi capacity, the were noticed in a big way.

Today many other makers have finally caught up, or at least are attempting to. There is really no better gun for the money, but there are many others that will serve as well, including the old design of the 1911.

The gun you have the most confidence in, for whatever your reason, is the "best gun"

Oh, and don't forget that the FBI agents on Criminal Minds shoot the sickos with Glocks.

Its the same reason when you talk of a dependable mid priced car you hear HONDA's name pop up. Without comparison some people wouldn't be able to pick out socks! If it works for you, great. If it doesn't, move on and find something else.
    Glock 26 9mm, Ruger LCR .357mag

"Protect yourself at all times."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."-Clint Smith

Quote Originally Posted by imthduke View Post
    Industry standard for what?
    Plastic guns.

Quote Originally Posted by High Altitude View Post
    ...Could you imagine if one of the top cars that the large majority of people where driving on the road today was a 25 year old design.....
    Volkswagen Beetle...up until the new body design

I personally don't care for the plastic guns, and never really got into the "Get it because everyone else has it". I've tried a couple of plastic guns and just prefer the full steel models.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MP45Man View Post
    Oh, and don't forget that the FBI agents on Criminal Minds shoot the sickos with Glocks.
    So does Beckett.

Fitch
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity"Sigmund Freud

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    No one else has to shoot your firearm except you. Get whatever make, model, or caliber you want or like. Period!
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Wasn't glock the first company to mass produce a reliable polymer pistol? I'm pretty sure this is why many consider it the "industry standard". They are relatively cheap, reliable, and do what they are supposed to do - and they were ...sort of... the first ones to do it. I don't own one, and I may never - because I don't like the grip angle. Personally, I wouldn't use it as a standard to compare my polymer pistols. I'll figure things out for myself.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    The bottom line is , that for a relatively low price, Glock makes a product that works beyond what was currently available 25 years ago.
    When Glocks came on the scene there were many superior pistols on the market. HK , Beretta, Sigs, High Powers, Gen 3 Smith's and of course the Colt 1911's were all superior. They had a history of reliability and performance. Honestly, a Colt 1911 was considered the ultimate carry weapon in 45acp. I was carrying a Beretta 92FS as my duty weapon when the Glocks were offered to us at a price of about $250. They had 2 models G17 and G19. I bought a G19 because of it's size. No one really trusted them as they were new. I still own both those pistols and both have been equally reliable.

Don't forget, all government entities buy from the lowest qualified bidder. When Glock hit the LEO market they were offering the world to get contracts. They slowly got contracts and then proved themselves in the following years.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links