What the heck?

What the heck?

This is a discussion on What the heck? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Guys im kinda new to the pistol world, im by no means trying to start a war about different firearms but ive been watching some ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: What the heck?

What the heck?

Guys im kinda new to the pistol world, im by no means trying to start a war about different firearms but ive been watching some youtube videos and why in the heck does everybody want to compare a Glock to the new gun they just bought????? If there such a crappy gun, why compare your gun to it? I just dont understand. One guy started comparing a M&P to a Glock and then says that his M&P came out the box missing parts! Then he says it takes a act of congress to take it appart! But continues to say its better than Glock. Now im not saying Glock is the best pistol, but how do you compare it to another gun that came out the box missing parts and say its better? ONCE AGAIN, not trying to start a war and put down other pistol's just curious about this. The Glock is ugly, doesnt feel good, doesnt have a metal guide rod, the trigger sucks and yada yada yada. Who cares, if its not the gun for you dont buy it then. And dont make a video to say that its better. Sorry guys, just had to vent for a second. Guess I need to sit back a realize that most of the people making these videos are just people who hate the Glock and want to knock it down. Anyway, whats your input on this..... And I love my Glock by the way, lol. Please remember, im NOT trying to put down any other pistol and say Glock is better. If your pistol works perfect for you, well thats what matters and is important.
    Generation 4 Glock 23
    Son, if you want something in this life you have to work for it,
    now quiet! there about to announce the lottery numbers........ Homar Simpson

If your pistol works perfect for you, well thats what matters and is important.

The last sentence sums it all up. You could have saved a lot of typing!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    If your pistol works perfect for you, well thats what matters and is important.

The last sentence sums it all up. You could have saved a lot of typing!
    Lol, yea I guess your rite.
    Generation 4 Glock 23
    Son, if you want something in this life you have to work for it,
    now quiet! there about to announce the lottery numbers........ Homar Simpson

VIP Member
    Glock is the industry standard. Therefore people make comparisons to the Glock.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Glock is the industry standard. Therefore people make comparisons to the Glock.
    Industry standard for what?
    shooterX likes this.
    http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

Quote Originally Posted by imthduke View Post
    Thank You!
    FW21

Lots of "fan boys" posting nonsense on You Tube. Most are not worth the time to watch them. Pay scant attention.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by bunkiefd4 View Post
    why in the heck does everybody want to compare a Glock to the new gun they just bought?
    IMO ... Glocks are "the" comparison sidearm, these days. They're popular, they're reliable, they're known to almost everyone. If the comparison weapon weren't that, it would have to be something else that's equally well-known. Nothing compares, in that sense, to a Glock. It's the ultimate pistol to use as a comparison, of wanting others to know by what standard you're gauging another product.

As for the "fanboy" type logic, in any enthusiast group there will certainly be a percentage who need that sort of comparison to be made, for any number of reasons. That's true of anything, from cars to flashlights.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Senior Member Array High Altitude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by imthduke View Post
    Industry standard LE service pistol for the last oh 20-25 years. It is a 25yo design and in all this time no one has been able to take that title away. Pretty impressive.

25 years later and not one manufacture has been able to design a semi auto pistol that is as light, simple, easy to manufacture, as few parts etc............... (and the glock pistol out right performs under all these design constraints)

Could you imagine if one of the top cars that the large majority of people where driving on the road today was a 25 year old design..............

Pretty amazing what Glock has accomplished.

Glocks are good sidearms. There are as many haters as there are lovers of them. You tube, and even most fourms, arn't places to seek objective crtiques about Glocks, or any other platform. It's kinda like asking which company makes a better ......say,pick-up, Dodge, Chevy, or Ford?

If you like it and it works, easy days.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I like my Glocks...took a while to fully engage in them and selling off some of my other pistols. I don't really care if anyone else likes them or not...works for me.
    Marc1103 likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I will say although it took me some time I am 100% sold on Glocks; as for the Videos that insist in comparison the gun in question is better I find that that 98% of them are copy Glocks DAO Poly copy guns that act as if they invented the concept and are better at it.............

Glocks are still the best buy for the buck. But I still would rather have a H&K but they cost twice as much.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Some people just gotta get on the interwebs and post some crap to try to convince the world they are awesome.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

My Taurus is better. Why? Because thats what I own, but really I guess my Kel-Tec is better because thats what I carry, but I really enjoy shooting my Walther. Either way, I like MY guns better than yours, well I would if I hadnt lost em all
    Please take my posts with a grain of salt. I am frequently sleep deprived and always just on this side of "Krazy".

When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle. Edmund Burke

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links