Ppk?

This is a discussion on Ppk? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If you are interested in the Walther PPK PPK/S check out the Polish P64 a Walther clone that shoots 9x18 Makarov rounds. http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...ad.php?t=11899...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ppk?

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    If you are interested in the Walther PPK PPK/S check out the Polish P64 a Walther clone that shoots 9x18 Makarov rounds. http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...ad.php?t=11899

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    I have a german ppk/s and i have to say its the most accurate sub cal gun i have eaver seen . No problems with it at all on reliability either . Untill i went to Kahrs it was my primairy carry 9 times out of 10 . I have not owned an american so cant speak to smith's quality and the Kahrs are basicly same size or smaller with full 9mm + stainless + to me about the same felt recoil due to the differances in blowback and locked design . I keep it for the " bond factor " LOL and have to get it re blued since it was used as a carry gun for quite a while . If i were to buy today i would pick up a Kahr , or wait a bit for the Kel-Tech pf9 depending on the $$ i was willing to spend . I am glad i have my little ppk/s and really dont want to sell it , but I shure wouldnt buy another one knowing what i know now .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

I have a new S&W PPK that I bought about 6 months ago. I've shot 240 rounds through it so far without a single problem. The fit and finish are great! It's a pleasure to own such a classic gun. It's also quite slim and comfortable to carry IWB.

Administrator

I've mentioned this before

Just thinking about it again though.
    I originally bought the PPK/S for my Wife & she just did not have the finger/hand/arm (whatever) strength to easily operate the PPK/S slide. She shot it quite well but, had trouble with the slide which was too stiff for her.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I have a PPK\S American, never jammed and is very accurate.

RH

My PPK experience

I bought a used PPK about 7 years ago - the blued Interarms version of the gun, in .380 caliber. I put several hundred rounds of various ammo through it at the range, and it never jammed. It was also pretty accurate, for a small gun with very small sights. It did not "bite" my hand, so I guess I was holding it right.

I carried it once in awhile, in a thin suede Bianchi IWB holster. The gun and grips were so thin that it was very comfortable in this mode, and concealed easily. I carried it chamber loaded and safety off with 6+1 rounds of Federal Hydrashok, relying upon the fairly long and heavy double action trigger for safety, much like a revolver.

I haven't used it much lately, as I am a little concerned about the adequacy of .380 in stopping an attack. I prefer the calibers .40, .45 and .357 and use them preferentially. But I would use the PPK in the future if circumstances called for a small hideout or backup gun.

Any gun developed in 1928 and still being manufactured and sold must have something going for it, don't you think?
    Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links