Solo...going give her a try.........

This is a discussion on Solo...going give her a try......... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Finally added a Solo to the family. I will post first range results....it is a very well made weapon....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Solo...going give her a try.........

Solo...going give her a try.........

Finally added a Solo to the family. I will post first range results....it is a very well made weapon.

http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

2. Remove Ads

woah. Did you buy a display piece? Congrats!

Looking forward to the range reports.

I like this 9mm a lot better than the Ruger LC9... Although the Ruger is probably half the money.

We'll see if this Kimber pans out; I'm a bit skeptical of Kimber products.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

SAAAWEEET imthduke. The wife and I went to our lgs last week and the only one they had was on the rental rack. We both thought it was really nice and the trigger was exactly as i would want it. I will look for your range report.
    LET FREEDOM REIGN NOT GOVERNMENT

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    Looking forward to the range reports.

I like this 9mm a lot better than the Ruger LC9... Although the Ruger is probably half the money.

We'll see if this Kimber pans out; I'm a bit skeptical of Kimber products.
    Yeppers me too, I like the looks of the Kimber but negative posts once in a while make me shy away from them.
    Member:USCCA, NRA, GOA, WVCDL
    U.S. Navy vet 1955-1959, USS Dashiell DD 659. Glock 19, Ruger LCP, Ruger .357 Mag.
    When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    I love the solo!
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

Does it feel as sweet in hand as it looks? I'll be awaiting your range report. I've got a Taurus PT709 and its been great, no problems...but that is one sweet looking small carry piece.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by paul34 View Post
    woah. Did you buy a display piece? Congrats!
    I was wondering the same ? The one up at LGS has a red tag DO NOT SELL, I was told mine wouldn't be in until end of April middle of May ? so I'm thinking end of July My luck the Solo and the PMR-30 will show up the same day lets hope so. looking forward to the RR on your LC9, Congrats

Quote Originally Posted by rson63 View Post
    I was wondering the same ? The one up at LGS has a red tag DO NOT SELL, I was told mine wouldn't be in until end of April middle of May ? so I'm thinking end of July My luck the Solo and the PMR-30 will show up the same day lets hope so. looking forward to the RR on your LC9, Congrats
    Yup. I was obsessed with getting one for a while, but it didn't pan out since Kimber hasn't started shipping generally AFAIK. The two LGS around here that actually had a display piece had to send theirs back (did not specify why). Kimber was supposed to ship more to them Jan 31... well, that didn't happen. I gave up on it. I bought a Diamondback DB380 instead.

Diamondback is coming out with a slightly larger gun in 9mm sometime mid-April. It will be 11 oz. That and the Solo should make an interesting choice as far as truly pocketable 9mm pistols. The Sig P290 may fit in there too, but I'm concerned it may be too thick for pocket carry.

this is assuming, of course, that all these pocket 9mm prove to be reliable and shootable. I hope Kimber did their legwork on the Solo.

Distinguished Member
    That looks like a neat gun. I'll have to Google and read up on it, it's new to me.

Your collection is really breathtaking. I'd like to see the holsters all of those ride in, they must be equally beautiful.

I have not held one in my hand yet, but I like the looks of that gun.

I would like to try one, but I will probably go with the LC9 as soon as they have been out long enough for the bugs to be taken care of.

Administrator
    good luck.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Hey IMthduke;

Thanks for posting new Kimber Solo with photos. First I'd heard of it. It is a really attractive small 9mm, one of the best looking of the breed. Sure would like to compare it to a P3AT for size. Hope it works well for you. I'd like to hear more out of it and its dependability on a later thread.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

ntg
    I got my paws around one today at Cabelas and I'm interested in your report. My lingering doubt is that it has very smooth surfaces all over the grip. I wonder will it stay put?
    M&P Shield9; RIA 1911 Tactical 9mm;...many long guns

GM
    Congrats and good luck! Do not forget to post a range report.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links