Boberg XR9 comin soon

This is a discussion on Boberg XR9 comin soon within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm getting emails indicating that the Boberg XR9 is coming soon, possibly in the hands of some people in a month or so. I'm curious, ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boberg XR9 comin soon

Boberg XR9 comin soon

I'm getting emails indicating that the Boberg XR9 is coming soon, possibly in the hands of some people in a month or so. I'm curious, are any of the forum members here on the preorder list? With it being such a novel and long awaited gun I'd almost be surprised if not...and I'm looking forward to hearing some reviews!
    "In a world of compromise, some don't." -HK

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    The Boberg has been "coming soon" for two years or more. I'll believe it when I see it. I suspect it will be several years after it's introduction that I'll actually see one in a display case. I hope I'm wrong.

I would like to get one, but I'll wait and see some reviews before I jump on it. I would hope that since they had such a long "comming soon" they would have worked out most, if not all, of the kinks.
    "Common sense is not so common. Voltaire

While Boberg has been perfecting the XR9s (kudos for wanting to put out a decent product) the market has not stood still. There are a host of new, small 9mm pocket guns out there now, or soon to be available.

In particular, I am looking at the Diamondback DB9 as a possible upgrade for myself and my wife, to replace our LCPs. They are due out in a month, and it measures 5.5 x 4 x 0.8, at only 11 oz in weight (I assume unloaded with no mag). While the barrel is slightly shorter than the XR9s (3" vs ~ 3.3") and it is not rated for 9mm +P ammo, it will cost much less and offer a lifetime warranty (as of now, Boberg only offers a 1 year warranty). Both have real sights, and neither lock the slide open when empty.

My personal experience with small autos has not been stellar. I've gone through three Kahr pistols (one P9 and two PM9s), and we have three LCPs (two of which needed to go back to Ruger twice each for various reasons). Personally, I will not buy a small auto unless it has a lifetime warranty - Ruger, to their credit, always stands behind their products, including paying for the shipping both ways.

I really want to see Boberg succeed, but at the price point they are looking at (they might raise it from $850), they really need to offer a lifetime warranty - especially given that they are a new company with an unproven feed system (yes, I know about the pull-back system being used in the past, but never in a pistol in modern times).

Just some feedback from a potential customer on their mailing list.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    While Boberg has been perfecting the XR9s (kudos for wanting to put out a decent product) the market has not stood still. There are a host of new, small 9mm pocket guns out there now, or soon to be available.

In particular, I am looking at the Diamondback DB9 as a possible upgrade for myself and my wife, to replace our LCPs. They are due out in a month, and it measures 5.5 x 4 x 0.8, at only 11 oz in weight (I assume unloaded with no mag). While the barrel is slightly shorter than the XR9s (3" vs ~ 3.3") and it is not rated for 9mm +P ammo, it will cost much less and offer a lifetime warranty (as of now, Boberg only offers a 1 year warranty). Both have real sights, and neither lock the slide open when empty.

My personal experience with small autos has not been stellar. I've gone through three Kahr pistols (one P9 and two PM9s), and we have three LCPs (two of which needed to go back to Ruger twice each for various reasons). Personally, I will not buy a small auto unless it has a lifetime warranty - Ruger, to their credit, always stands behind their products, including paying for the shipping both ways.

I really want to see Boberg succeed, but at the price point they are looking at (they might raise it from $850), they really need to offer a lifetime warranty - especially given that they are a new company with an unproven feed system (yes, I know about the pull-back system being used in the past, but never in a pistol in modern times).

Just some feedback from a potential customer on their mailing list.
    Why not try a Keltec PF9 ??? Lifetime warranty, only 12 ounces empty. Pretty much as the same size as the DB9. Pretty inexpensive some can be found BNIB for $219. God Bless

The PF9 is too large for my suit pants pockets. Even my old PM9 was on the large/heavy side for that role.
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Thanks 10thmtn, I was unaware of the DB9. I'll have to research that. I have a PPS and an LCP, but I would love a 9mm that is about the same size as the LCP.

Thanks again.
    "Common sense is not so common. Voltaire

los

Note: Rohrbaugh R9 image is flipped horizontally
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Hey los - how about a DB9 vs XR9s vs LCP vs PM9?

You da man!
    CT Lasers

GM
    It sounds very interesting, but it is a way too new company.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

I held one on Sunday at a Photo shoot with Oleg Volk and Arny Boberg was there. I have made holsters for them and we will be ready day one with holsters in stock.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    The Boberg has been "coming soon" for two years or more. I'll believe it when I see it. I suspect it will be several years after it's introduction that I'll actually see one in a display case. I hope I'm wrong.
    There was a post in their online discussion forums in February of last year indicating the pistol would start shipping last July.

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    It sounds very interesting, but it is a way too new company.

Actually, I don't think that any company actually exists at this point in time. It just seems to be a one man operation: Arne B. Boberg

If you go to their website, you will see that they don't even list a phone number for the "company".

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    I've been waiting for this thing to come out for a while. Keltec pf9 is on my "want" list either way!

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Quote Originally Posted by los View Post

Note: Rohrbaugh R9 image is flipped horizontally
    Any chance of a comparison of the XR9-S to the PM9?
    Walk quietly and carry a big stick.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links