Which Snubbie

This is a discussion on Which Snubbie within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I think I have it narrowed down to one of three guns at my LGS I just handled all 3 and I am no closer ...

View Poll Results: Pick one

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • S&W airweight 442 no LG's *cheapest

36 33.96%
  • S&W 637 airweight with LG's

8 7.55%
  • Ruger LCR with LG's *most exspensive

32 30.19%
  • Something way different

30 28.30%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Which Snubbie

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar

Which Snubbie

I think I have it narrowed down to one of three guns at my LGS I just handled all 3 and I am no closer to a decision than I was before infact its probably worse!! here is a poll.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    LCR. But I personally don't think I would get the lasergrips. The rubber grips are much more comfortable than the CT grips.

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrange View Post
    LCR. But I personally don't think I would get the lasergrips. The rubber grips are much more comfortable than the CT grips.
    this
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    I voted for something way different. I recommend the S&W 640. The barrel is 0.25" longer than the 442, but it shoots .357 rounds. The extra weight aids in shooting it better (at least in my case with a 640 & 642 to compare) and it is not too much different to pocket carry. On the belt it is no different at all perception wise, but provides more fire-power.
    640girl likes this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Looks like I chose the cheap way.Well, it reliable and don't need batteries
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    I have the 637 and love it. Single-action is a very light, crisp trigger. I don't pretend that I'd go single-action in a self defense scenario, but I'm darn-near surgical on shooting a snake's head off with it.

after owning all of them at one time, the LCR hands down... but lasers are a gimmick and not needed

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrange View Post
    This
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Steel, and nothing but steel. Carry weight makes less difference than shooting characteristics. Less isn't always more when it comes to self-defense handguns.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    Steel, and nothing but steel. Carry weight makes less difference than shooting characteristics. Less isn't always more when it comes to self-defense handguns.
    the LCR .357 is steel

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Interesting as my wife is considering (with my encouragement) a smaller firearm. She purse carries (I know, I am not a fan but that argument is over) and I suggested that a wheel gun should be in her selection list. All of your input is educational on the subject.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

I voted for the LCR. I have one in .38, with CT lasergrips, and I love it. Easy to carry, easy to shoot, and a great DA trigger right out of the box. Only thing wrong with it (other than it being ugly) is that the grips, which otherwise are almost identical to the LG-405 J-frame model, have a hard backstrap, instead of the soft neoprene one of the LG-405s. Still, it is not punishing to shoot.

Is the LCR .357 all steel? It weighs somewhat less than a standard steel-framed Smith & Wesson Model 36 2-inch .38 Special snub.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    Is the LCR .357 all steel? It weighs somewhat less than a standard steel-framed Smith & Wesson Model 36 2-inch .38 Special snub.
    The cylinder and frame are, the FCG is polymer and has no stress from firing. Smith is way behind the curve now, trying to catch up.

VIP Member
    LCR ,No lazer.

Or if you don't mind used,
    S&W mod. 19 if you find a nice one
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links