Which Sub-Compact 9mm to Buy?

This is a discussion on Which Sub-Compact 9mm to Buy? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Based on those choices, G26. Simple, reliable, and if you end up not liking it, they're always be in demand. Personally, I'd try to grab ...

View Poll Results: Which Sub-Compact 9mm to Buy?

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Smith & Wesson M&Pc

35 21.47%
  • Glock 26

85 52.15%
  • H&K P2000sk

13 7.98%
  • Beretta Px4 Storm Subcompact

7 4.29%
  • Walther PPS

23 14.11%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Which Sub-Compact 9mm to Buy?

Based on those choices, G26. Simple, reliable, and if you end up not liking it, they're always be in demand. Personally, I'd try to grab a slightly used one off your state's concealed carry forum.

I have other handguns I like a lot more, but 98% of time I'm carrying a G26 or a j-frame.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Based on your choices I'd say the Glock. While on the heavier side I'd also look at the CZ RAMI as an option.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    Lately my Ruger LC9 rides with me. It is just soooo thin and light it has spoiled me!

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    I forgot to mention that I live in Costa Rica so my purchase options are a bit limited due to market availability. If I were in the United States, my options would definitely include a Kel-Tec PF9, Ruger LC9, Kahr PM9 and Kimber Solo which in my opinion are the best in their class in terms of light and subcompact pistols in 9mm. I am not surprised by the poll results in that most users voted for the Glock 26. I don't own a single Glock, but I have always been attracted to the Glock 26 so I'm just going to get it out of my system and finally join the dark side with a Gen 4 Glock 26. By the way, the Glock 26 in Costa Rica sells for $1,200!!! Isn't that insane???? Anyways, enjoy living in the US of A where buying a gun is easy and inexpensive, ammo is cheap and you can buy it at 2:00 AM wearing your Sponge Bob pajamas at Wal Mart and most important, your right to carry is protected by the US Constitution. Never take for granted what you have!

Thanks to everyone for their comments and for voting!!!

Here's my new future companion!!!!

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    Well, seeing as the PPS is the only sub-compact, I'd go with it. I have one and like it very much. It can go into my pocket easier than my Glock 27, and is much thinner, therefore easier to carry anywhere.

Second to that, M&Pc 9mm or .40. I have a fullsize and have shot a compact enough to know that they are both really good guns. I'd say you get the same thing as a Glock, just better looking, better handling, and better warranty.
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

You will like the Glock 26. I recently bought a GEN 4 model and they are great. The ability to use the full size magazines is nice, and I find it to be a very accurate weapon.
    Glock 36, 30SF, 31, 32, 21 Gen4 - Carry guns
    Ruger Mini-14 and Remington 870 by the bed both wearing Surefire lights.
    Always carry a knife-they are handy to have
    Always carry a reload-You probably won't need it but it is good insurance .
    Always carry a light- To see in the dark

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    I would vote Glock26 and if you don't like the Glock the M&Pc 9mm would be a fine choice as well.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    I do like the Glock 26, but I will compare it side to side with the M&P9c, I will probably rent both guns today at my local range to test the triggers, grip and accuracy and then I'll make the final decision. The M&P9c in Costa Rica is $300.00 less than the Glock 26 so that is another HUGE factor for me to consider. Most of the sales guys at the local gun shops have suggested me to buy the M&P9c over the Glock 26, but I don't know, there is something about a Glock 26 that I just feel attracted to. Let's see what happens after the shooting test.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

I am in love with my new PM9, it is an unbelievable carry weapon. On your list, i'm going with the G26. $300 for the long term is not that much cash, and Glock is in a league of its own on reliabilty. They are kind of like Bill Gates, they're so good it makes people hate them.
    "Some men, you just can't reach"

Glock 26. Its a very good weapon by anyone's standards. The only thing you might hate is the grip angle or how thick it feels IWB.
    Glock 26 9mm, Ruger LCR .357mag

"Protect yourself at all times."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."-Clint Smith

Yup, I know that I'm in the 2% minority recommending the Beretta. I realize that it might be a bit big and bulky, but it's done me right as a CCW.
    Babyhulk
    NRA Life Member since 2010

It's not on your list, but it has been mentioned here in one of the responses--I'd take a long look at the CZ 2075 Rami or the Rami BD model. I have the BD model and it has moved to the top of my daily carry list, the rest of my pistols are all Sigs. Quality wise, I think you'll be impressed with the overal ergonomics and just the general quality of construction of the CZ line. Another plus for me, the Rami comes with night sights standard (Meprolights).

Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But, I repeat myself. ...Mark Twain: Manuscript note, c.1882.
    NRA Life Member & JPFO Member.
    Sig & CZ-aholic, a Ruger SP101 3" & Wiley Clapp GP100

There's a reason why the Glock 26 has been in continuous production since 1997.
    It Is Easy To Be Brave From A Distance ~ Aesop

VIP Member
    I voted M&P9c.

Its not quite as small as the glock, but not too far off.
    You will probably like either as far as shootability.
    I have an M&P and chose it over the 26 or the G19.

It just felt better/right.

Sounds as though any of the fools smugling guns to Mexico, should look into getting them into Costa Rica, for a more sizable profit.!!!!JK
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    M&Pc is more comfortable than a Glock IMO, and just as reliable (<-proven)
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links