full trigger reset of the P250 = .68"; full reset of the DAK = .62" - pics added

full trigger reset of the P250 = .68"; full reset of the DAK = .62" - pics added

This is a discussion on full trigger reset of the P250 = .68"; full reset of the DAK = .62" - pics added within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I keep hearing about this looooong reset of the P250 trigger. So I measured it I got 0.68". Then I measured my P226 DAK to ...

Thread: full trigger reset of the P250 = .68"; full reset of the DAK = .62" - pics added

Senior Moderator

I keep hearing about this looooong reset of the P250 trigger. So I measured it I got 0.68". Then I measured my P226 DAK to it's long and light mode, that pretty well matches the pull weight of the P250. I got 0.62" for the DAK. That's only 0.06" difference - that's less than a sixteenth of an inch! So if you're gonna claim the P250 has a loooooong reset, then so does he P226 DAK.

Of course the DAK does have he short, heavy option if one can deal with more trigger force better than a little bit longer reset to get to the lighter trigger.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Administrator
    That is why I don't care much for the DAK, or the standard Sig triggers; I really prefer a short reset. All of my Sigs have the SRT installed, which is much more to my liking.

I am a little surprised by your findings. The 250 does seem like it has a much longer reset, but I never actually measured.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Moderator
    I just got this response from Bruce Gray's to this same post on the SigForum:

You're absolutely right here. I believe that the folks who decry the long reset of either system are not accepting of the DAO for what it is, and wish it was something it isn't. I further believe this all stems from a misapprehension of the optimal trigger management system for shooting these DAO's adequately quickly and with assurance. To folks who prefer DA/SA or SAO actions, the DAO will never be adequate at all.

-Bruce

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Hey, Sixto, are you lucky enough to have the early SRT that can fire full auto?
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Senior Moderator
    SIXTO,
    My quote of Bruce's post was not in response to your post or directed at you. He had just posted and I thought it was significant so I posted it after you posted. Just a happen-stance thing.

I have a 229 E2 with and SRT and short reach trigger. I know exactly what you're saying. I like it too!

Senior Moderator
    Maybe some pics would be helpful. I laid one gun on top of the other and notice how little difference I saw. The I put the gun on the bottom on top and looked again. There is just sooo little difference I decided to measure them.

But here are the pics, one each of one gun on top and a zoomed out pick to more clearly show the alignment.

The pics aren't perfect, camera angle, it was hard to get the guns to stay put in perfect alignment, but I got pretty close.

Here's the P226 DAK on top of the P250:

Here's the P250 on top of the P226 DAK

And here's the one zoomed back just a bit:

Pics don't show exactly what the eyes see for a number of reasons. But this pretty well represents the situation.

When the triggers are pulled, both stop right against the frame. When the triggers are completely released, they have the same amount of take up.

And actually, I forgot to mention this, the P250 has a significant shorter trigger reach. You probably can't tell that from the pics but when I place my finger on each of the triggers, using the same grip orientation, I get a lot more finger on the P250 trigger than the P226 DAK.

Sponsored Links