Opinions on the Kahr CM9

Opinions on the Kahr CM9

This is a discussion on Opinions on the Kahr CM9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well.... Anyone looking forward to this gun? I've been wanting the PM9 and think this would be a great compromise. Opinions?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on the Kahr CM9

Opinions on the Kahr CM9

Well.... Anyone looking forward to this gun? I've been wanting the PM9 and think this would be a great compromise. Opinions?

It's hard to have a credible, first-hand opinion on something that isn't available yet.

I have two of Karhs other offerings and I for one am thinking of picking up the less attractive CM9 as apposed the PM9. Basically it's the same pistol with less frills, what's not to like. My CW9 shoots as well as my PM40 so at a less expensive price point I think it's a win win for the buyer. I'm gonna bite the bullet on one some time this year I'm sure.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    I have two of Karhs other offerings and I for one am thinking of picking up the less attractive CM9 as apposed the PM9. Basically it's the same pistol with less frills, what's not to like. My CW9 shoots as well as my PM40 so at a less expensive price point I think it's a win win for the buyer. I'm gonna bite the bullet on one some time this year I'm sure.
    agreed,it's the same size as the pm9 and around $225.00 less..Kahr should sell a ton of them..

I'm standing in line for one.

I have the CW9 and the PM9. If I didn't already have the PM9, the CM9 would definitely be on my list. It will be just like the CW9, just sized down to same size as the PM9. I wouldn't hesitate to get one.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Senior Member Array High Altitude's Avatar
    I have a CW9. I don't see any reason to purchase the more expensive model other than, you just want it.

The CM9 will do well.

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    the CM9 IS on my NEED list. After over a thousand 100% flawless rounds through my CW9, I have no doubt the CM9 will perform. The Trijicon Tritium sights will be added as well. Having rid myself of the .380 mouse guns in 2009, the CM9 will finally fill the nitche within my current budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant48 View Post
    It's hard to have a credible, first-hand opinion on something that isn't available yet.
    Obviously I know that we cant have any first hand user opinions. I was just wondering what everyones opinions bout it was.

I want one just because!

Quote Originally Posted by fernset View Post
    Obviously I know that we cant have any first hand user opinions. I was just wondering what everyones opinions bout it was.
    - If it's anything like the CW9 is to the P9, then it should be a very good gun and a great value.

Does anyone know if the CM9 mags will fit the CW9? Just curious... thanks in advance
    Glock 34 9mm
    Glock 36 .45acp
    Kahr CW9
    S&W 642-2 .38 +P
    Ruger Mark ii 22/45

Senior Member Array High Altitude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by devo6684 View Post
    Does anyone know if the CM9 mags will fit the CW9? Just curious... thanks in advance
    If you chop the grip they will fit. It would be similar to the P9 Covert Kahr use to make.

cav scout tj over at Kahrtalk did this one.

If the real world price is significantly cheaper than the pm9 (gotta keep in mind the cm9 only comes with a single mag), I'll be purchasing one. I practice primarily with lead reloads, so the rifled barrel is actually preferable.

I'd prefer a blackened slide, I like carry guns with quality tennifer-style coatings - but that obviously adds to the price.

Smile Got my new CM9 today

Shot about 40 rounds through it, then broke it down and cleaned it.

Smoothest shooting DAO I have ever experienced. The pull is so smooth that it is easy to keep the sights on the target. I was a little apprehensive because my .40 S&W is DA/SA, and the first shot always seemed more difficult, but no worries with the Kahr.

Very light. I bought a pocket holster and it is no problem carrying it. I intend to carry the Kahr instead of my Colt Mustang Pocketlite .380, and I'm really happy with my purchase so far.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links