Next Pistol Purchase: Just got difficult.

This is a discussion on Next Pistol Purchase: Just got difficult. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had it all planned the next purchase was going to be a Glock 21SF, then a Glock 34 when the GEN4s were more common. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next Pistol Purchase: Just got difficult.

Next Pistol Purchase: Just got difficult.

I had it all planned the next purchase was going to be a Glock 21SF, then a Glock 34 when the GEN4s were more common. I had a SIG 239 SAS I was going to get a deal on so I was seriously considering it. This morning I shot a 229 and now I am thinking I need a 229 and a 239 both in 9mm. This has screwed my plans up. My wife might use one of the new guns on me. I have always thought SIGs were good gun, I have shot the 226 and 220 quite a bit, but these two smaller versions are awesome. I really could not carry the Glock 21SF and the 34 very much because of their size. Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated, the only thing is I already have mags for both Glocks and slide holsters that will fit them. Shooting that 229 this morning really made things not easy.
    Glock 36, 30SF, 31, 32, 21 Gen4 - Carry guns
    Ruger Mini-14 and Remington 870 by the bed both wearing Surefire lights.
    Always carry a knife-they are handy to have
    Always carry a reload-You probably won't need it but it is good insurance .
    Always carry a light- To see in the dark

2. Remove Ads

Much of this is the utility of defense pistol vs. range use. The Sig P6 is definitely both in my book. The primary characteristic that leads me to think about Glock is reliability. Otherwise, the Glocks are lost on me. If I were shopping for a bedside table gun, the Glock might be considered. Out of the house, no thanks.
    Fast is good but accurate is better.

I already have several Glocks. The SIGs would be new.

Here's my take, I love my G20(Same size as a 21) but I almost never carry it, size and weight is just to much to carry all day comfortable for me. I end up carrying my G29 instead. A carry gun is only useful if you are actually carrying it. I honestly have know Idea how guys carry full size 1911's that is a lot of metal to lug around...
    If you really want it to be a carry gun lighter is better. just my $.02
    G20 / G29

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Well, I think you already have three of the best carry pistols out there: Glock 19, 26 and 30. Therefore, why would you need to add two new and different type of carry pistols to your carry rotation?
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

My EDC is a G19, but I bought a P226 a few months ago and carry it on occasion since it is still coat weather. The 229 and 239 are both on my list for purchase. It will depend which one I find a deal on first. I do like Sigs, but will never leave my G19.

Thats a very good question I think I just want some more gun and I would like them to be something I will actually carry.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyndo View Post
    I had it all planned the next purchase was going to be a Glock 21SF, then a Glock 34 when the GEN4s were more common. I had a SIG 239 SAS I was going to get a deal on so I was seriously considering it. This morning I shot a 229 and now I am thinking I need a 229 and a 239 both in 9mm. This has screwed my plans up. My wife might use one of the new guns on me. I have always thought SIGs were good gun, I have shot the 226 and 220 quite a bit, but these two smaller versions are awesome. I really could not carry the Glock 21SF and the 34 very much because of their size. Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated, the only thing is I already have mags for both Glocks and slide holsters that will fit them. Shooting that 229 this morning really made things not easy.

1)
    Get restraining order against wife.

2)
    Take credit/debit card to Gun shop and get the multi- purchase/frequent purchase discount on all the pistols you wish to buy!!!

Seriously though.

Prioritize.

What do you already have?
    What do you need?
    What can you live without if you need to/want to buy additional pistols?
    Work a few extra hours at work,
    or come up with another way to save additional money for the purchase of any new additions.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Thats a very good question I think I just want some more gun and I would like them to be something I will actually carry.
    In that case the Glock 21 and 34 are out of the equation since they are full size pistols and not ideal for concealed carry. Therefore, you are left only with the decision to buy the Sig Sauer P229, the Sig Sauer P239 or both. If I were you, I would choose one between both based on their specs, how they shoot and how they feel in your hand. I guess you will have to compromise if you want to avoid having a conflict with the wife. Another option is to sell something from your collection to buy both Sigs.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    My wife might use one of the new guns on me.
    In that case, after you buy your new Sig, throw away the slide, and replace it with Sig's popular .22 rimfire conversion kit:

SIG Store

Doing that will give you a much better chance of surviving the purchase of your new Sig! Much cheaper to shoot, too.

Well, I'd see if I could get the wife a part time job, both to increase our income and to tire her out so she would be less inclined to chase me through the house. Then I'd buy both the Glocks and the Sigs, camp out at my Mother/Brother/Sister's houses until the heat died down, then buy flowers!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Well, I'd see if I could get the wife a part time job, both to increase our income and to tire her out so she would be less inclined to chase me through the house. Then I'd buy both the Glocks and the Sigs, camp out at my Mother/Brother/Sister's houses until the heat died down, then buy flowers!
    Spoken like a true romatic! I think Hiram is on to something....

VIP Member
    My wife might use one of the new guns on me.
    Buy the guns, but get a safe installed first. Don't give the Mrs. the combination - ever!!!
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Sig is a better investment from a financial perspective. I believe that they hold their value better, of course they're a bit more expensive, too.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alachner View Post
    Well, I think you already have three of the best carry pistols out there: Glock 19, 26 and 30. Therefore, why would you need to add two new and different type of carry pistols to your carry rotation?
    I believe it would be called "moving up".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links