Took My New Glock 19 Gen4 out for a test ride...

This is a discussion on Took My New Glock 19 Gen4 out for a test ride... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Picked up my new Glock 19 Gen4 today and ran 300 rounds through it. I had ZERO malfunctions of any kind. I love the new, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Took My New Glock 19 Gen4 out for a test ride...

Picked up my new Glock 19 Gen4 today and ran 300 rounds through it. I had ZERO malfunctions of any kind. I love the new, slightly smaller grip as well as the agressive texture of the grip. Not nearly as bad as a KAHR and no need for skateboard sandpaper on the handle. I did notice the Gen4 shoots a tad softer than my Gen3, no doubt due to the double recoil spring assembly. The new larger mag release is great, it is much wider than the old one and doesn't stick out nearly as far as the mag release mod I have on my Gen3. Mine as well as all of the 19's and 23's had the 04 spring in them which tells me that Glock seemed to work out the issue.
    The rounds fired were:
    100 WWB 115
    50 UMC 115
    50 Federal 115
    50 Gold Dots 124 +P
    50 Ranger T's 127+P+

One thing that REALLY surprised me was the accuracy of the weapon as opposed to my Gen3's... I know that Glock is not a target weapon, but you wouldn't know it by some of my groups today...

Oh, that 1 "flyer" in the pic.... ummmmmmm, yeah, oooops....lost my concentration when the guy shooting his .45 decided to rapid fire...lol Damn .45's!!! I tried to tell him 9mm were better...
    2011-03-13 22.26.47.jpg2011-03-13 22.54.06.jpg2011-03-13 22.29.11.jpg
    Glock 19 Gen. 4
    Ranger T 127+P+
    Gold Dot 124+P

VIP Member
    Good times, good shooting, good gun.

Accuracy in the Glock 9mm's is surprising to many. They may or may not be bulls-eye accurate (which is debatable), but they are most certainly combat accurate. I just finished a GSSF tournament, and while their targets and scoring are not particularly challenging, some of the shooters were putting up VERY tight groups at speed and at distance.

Good luck with that Gen4. Thanks for sharing.
    If you have never broken your gun or bled on your gun in training, you're doing it wrong!
    Train hard, live easy.

Very nice, enjoy.
    LET FREEDOM REIGN NOT GOVERNMENT

I got to check out a G17 gen4 at the range last weekend and put a few downrange, really liked it and am considering the G19 gen 4.

Congrats, I really like my G19, my favorite Glock.

I have a Gen 4 26 and a Gen 3 19 but those Gen 4 19s have been tempting me severely. I like the new recoil spring design. Those groups look good, I think the Glocks are more accurate than they get credit for.
    Glock 36, 30SF, 31, 32, 21 Gen4 - Carry guns
    Ruger Mini-14 and Remington 870 by the bed both wearing Surefire lights.
    Always carry a knife-they are handy to have
    Always carry a reload-You probably won't need it but it is good insurance .
    Always carry a light- To see in the dark

Nice pickup. I have Gen3 23 and hate the grip the Gen4 seems to have a better grip. Are the finger grooves as sharp and close together as the Gen3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    I found a used Gen 3 Glock 19 in perfect condition for a very cheap price here in Costa Rica and I'm thinking about buying it. Nonetheless, I was originally looking for the Glock 26 for concealed carry. In comparison to the Glock 26, how is the Glock 19 for concealed carry?
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Quote Originally Posted by alachner View Post
    I found a used Gen 3 Glock 19 in perfect condition for a very cheap price here in Costa Rica and I'm thinking about buying it. Nonetheless, I was originally looking for the Glock 26 for concealed carry. In comparison to the Glock 26, how is the Glock 19 for concealed carry?
    I conceal carry my G19. It's about as you might expect... it's harder to conceal than a G26 but not much harder as the thickness of the guns are identical. I prefer to conceal carry my Kahr PM9 which is considerably thinner. To me, it is more the thickness of the gun vs. the length of the grip or barrel. Those both matter, of course, but the thickness is what matters more to me.
    "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
    You are not paranoid if They are actually out to get you, however, They probably are not and you probably are.

I have two Gen 4 Glock 19s now (and a Gen 2, I sold three Gen 3s to get them, cuz I really like the Gen 4 & Gen 2 grips). I am in the process of breaking the Gen 4s in, 250 rds of Win NATO through each one without any problems (03 spring). Did I say I really like the new smaller grip option!

Alachner
    My EDC gun for the past 5 years has been a Glock 19, there have been a few occassions where I have used either my S&W 2" snubby or recently my Ruger LCR .38 sp for more concealment. (Maybe 10 or so times each year)
    My wife is able to EDC her Glock 26, year round, all day - everyday!

Really, with a good holster/belt & concealment garment, the 19 & 26 should carry about the same. Now if you want the added option of pocket or ankle carry, the 26 would be the better option. (But you would need some big pockets )
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Thanks Orive 8! I really like the Glock 19 and the price is insanely low so I might take a look at it and go with it over the Glock 26. In Costa Rica we are able to register 3 guns for concealed carry (unlimited for home defense, sport or hunting though) and I already have registered an HK USP Compact .40 S&W, a Walther P99AS 9mm and a S&W 442 .38+P. I am looking into buying a Glock 26 or Glock 19 since I am having a little bit of trouble carrying the Walther P99AS since it has a full size grip and a 4" barrel. How would the Glock 19 stack up against the HK USP Compact and the Walther P99AS in terms of size?
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Quote Originally Posted by DUNDEM View Post
    Nice pickup. I have Gen3 23 and hate the grip the Gen4 seems to have a better grip. Are the finger grooves as sharp and close together as the Gen3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They seem to be in the same position but they are not as pronounced...
    Glock 19 Gen. 4
    Ranger T 127+P+
    Gold Dot 124+P

GM
    Glad you like it. Enjoy!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Distinguished Member
    Would you choose the Gold Dots or the Ranger T's for carry based on your results? How were they compared to each other shooting?

Just curious. Sounds like a fun day at the range. Now a wrist massage and an Aleve or two!

Quote Originally Posted by cammo girl View Post
    Would you choose the Gold Dots or the Ranger T's for carry based on your results? How were they compared to each other shooting?

Just curious. Sounds like a fun day at the range. Now a wrist massage and an Aleve or two!
    I'm curious about this too. I'm looking for a new round to play with.
    Glock 26 9mm, Ruger LCR .357mag

"Protect yourself at all times."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."-Clint Smith

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links