...Bersa 9mm's rate them...

This is a discussion on ...Bersa 9mm's rate them... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ...I've been thinking about a couple different Bersa 9mm models. Either the full size or compact. One reason I'm considering Bersa is the costs. I ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: ...Bersa 9mm's rate them...

...Bersa 9mm's rate them...

...I've been thinking about a couple different Bersa 9mm models. Either the full size or compact. One reason I'm considering Bersa is the costs. I can pick a Bersa Thunder 9 for around $340 bucks. Just wanted to know if anybody has owned any Bersa weapons and your thoughts.
    BurgerBoy likes this.

2. Remove Ads

I don't own one, but there is a lot of good info on them at Bersachat.Com.
    "I'm the God-fearing, Gun-toting, flag waving conservative they warned you about!"
    US Air Force Vietnam Vet, Ex-LEO
    Dan Wesson CBOB .45
    CZ 75D Compact PCR
    Kahr PM9, and a few others.....

I steered a friend towards one,he didn't have a lot of cash and it was a decent platform,after going thru the manual of arms and range safety he started shooting,with some suggestions on grip and stance he started shooting really nice groups at 7 and 10 yards,Shooting my reloads 125 grn lrn and then 2 mags of Ranger SXT 124 +p I sold him he had 0 malfunctions in over 100 rounds
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I own the Ultra Carry Pro 9..... I love it,
    Pukindog12 likes this.
    "A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington

gig
    I wanted a mid-sized pistol to carry in glove box and console. Since I was not going to carry on person, I wanted more manual safety features and being left handed I was drawn to the Bersa.
    I have about 500 rds through a Bersa Thunder9 UC without one hiccup what-so-ever. It has a very nice SA trigger if you are trying to use it for accuracy such as skunks or rabbits at a distance.
    Did just a bit of polishing on the interior slides and it is as smooth as silk, and the operating levers all loosened just a bit so I have no problem pushing them with one finger.
    If the length, weight, and manual of arms fits your needs, I don't think you can go wrong with the Bersa.

I once had a S&W 5906 and have regreted selling it, the Bersa Thunder 9 is as close to the 5906 in operation as I found.

I have the Bersa Thunder Plus .380 and it is great! Has a 15 round mag and I added a Hogue slip-on rubber grip and it feels great in my hand. Have not read a bad review yet on the .380's, but don't know about the 9mm.
    Philly Boy in Cincinnati.

I have an older Bersa Thunder 9 Ultra Compact that I bought from a member here and it is awesome!!! Flawless, durable, dependable, reliable. A buddy of mine bought a newer version (minifirestorm 9) and it is the duotone (same gun as mine, just different finishes) and it's totally awesome. They are well built, metal frame, long slide rails, thick metal controls...built like a tank. They are not finicky about ammo at all, they handle the recoil smoothly, they not sensitive to limp wristing at all, and they aren't particular about cleaning. They aren't the smallest or lightest, but they are a very good balance with 13+1 capacity that makes them great shooters and low maintenance. Search my threads and you'll find several on the Bersa, including a Thunder 9uc stress test video. Thousands of rounds through one non-stop...it gets so hot they start pouring buckets of water over it while they are shooting and the steam rolls and it just keeps on going without hesitation.
    kmagnuss likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

The Bersa's are good to go in my experience........wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.

I don't own a 9mm Bersa, but I do own a .380 Concealed Carry. It's the least expensive handgun I own, and when it comes to function and reliability, it equals or betters the most expensive guns I own. It isn't the prettiest guns made, but there's no taking away from it's excellence as a shooter.

Everything I've read about the 9mm Bersa pistols seems to indicate that they're every bit as good as their 380's.

I have about 1000 rounds through a Bersa Thunder9 UC without one hiccup.

I have both a Ultra Carry 9 and Ultra Carry Pro 40 initially so I could make holsters for them but after shooting them my wife loves the 9 and I really like the 40.

Very good guns for a good price. Mags are more expensive than most other guns.

I do make holsters for them
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

I Love My Bersa

I own the Ultra Carry 9 Pro and it's my daily CC weapon. I've installed Trijicon night sights as I've grown to love them over the years. My UC Pro has been tested in zero F degree shooting with several types of ammo and has NEVER malfunctioned. I have truly punished this pistol and it's always shined! BTW.....this is the only ultra carry compact model of anything that fit perfectly in my hand.

IMG_0010.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MTeer View Post
    ...I've been thinking about a couple different Bersa 9mm models. Either the full size or compact. One reason I'm considering Bersa is the costs. I can pick a Bersa Thunder 9 for around $340 bucks. Just wanted to know if anybody has owned any Bersa weapons and your thoughts.
    BurgerBoy and Pukindog12 like this.

I dont know what to add that hasnt already been said.. I have the older (non PRO) model Thunder 9 UC... the ergonomics are wonderful, it has ambidextrous controls, the new Pro models have polygonal rifling, loaded chamber indicators, full length slide rails, a tried and true design. The full sized 9mm is the sidearm of the Argintinian Police and Military.

Bersa also has a version of this firearm in .40 and .45acp. the 45acp is a beautifully functional handgun.. and at the prices they currently are at (which seem to be rising with their popularity) its kinda a no brainer unless you have EVERY gun you already want or simply have no need.

ALso check into Bersa new BP9CC.. its a slim single stack 9mm striker fired pistol.. a VERY GOOD alternative if you cant find or get your hands on the coveted S&W Shield.

Google them all, check out Bersa Chat..All of the Bersa firearms are solid performers and are an excellent value.
    BurgerBoy, Pukindog12 and .XX like this.

I have handguns that cost more than some of the cars I've owned... and that stupid Bersa Thunder 9 Ultra Compact I bought for $350 is one of the best pistols I own. Reliable as the morning sun and a surprisingly good shooter. I'll sell all my Sigs and 1911's before I sell this thing off.

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    I carry a Bersa Thunder 9 UC Pro. I have never had a failure of any kind with it. It shoots better than any gun I've ever owned - and I've owned a lot of different guns in my life time.
    Pukindog12 likes this.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Bersa Thunder 9 Ultra Compact Pro - Gave it to my Daughter to carry.
    Carry Pistol. Bersa Thunder 9 Ultra Compact Pro Duotone 13+1.
    Carry Pistol. Bersa Thunder 9 HC Pro Duotone 17+1.
    Politicians should be limited to 2 terms - One in office and one in prison.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links