A nice, cheap, reliable pistol

This is a discussion on A nice, cheap, reliable pistol within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey, I've been looking for a pistol and I have found a few that interested me but I was hoping you guys could help me ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A nice, cheap, reliable pistol

Hey, I've been looking for a pistol and I have found a few that interested me but I was hoping you guys could help me out a little bit cuz you all seem like you might know a thing or two. I'm looking for a .45 and just about any style is up for consideration, I'll know whether I like it or not once I see it so if you have one in mind just post it. My price range is ~$350 or so. Thanks to any and all of you that give me any ideas. Links aren't required but would be nice, thanks alot.
    Matthew 10:28 "And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell." ✞

Rock Island Armory 1911, hands down best .45acp for the money, and it is within your budget of $350 -$400.00.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=220299290

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=220326831

Bersa Ultra .45 is a great value also.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=219574984

thanks man, ill check it out
    Matthew 10:28 "And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell." ✞

Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

The Kahr might have been one of my suggestions but it is a handful to shoot.

hey thanks alot guys, especially for the links that speeds things up a bit when searching.

Bersa TH45UC.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Standin' on the Rock

+1000 on the Rock Island.
    My compact model is a few years, and a couple 1000 rounds, old now without a single failure I can think of, Under 400.00 then and about the same price now. I added a full size as well and have had no issues with it either.

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
    - G. K. Chesterton

Cheap & Reliable - remember the old saying, you get what you pay for. Yep, I know that there are instances where that is not the case, but...............
    If you save a little more, you can probably find a used Glock, M&P, or XD in .45 for around $400-450. I would consider all three of these pistols, reliable.

Good luck with your search.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Orive 8 View Post
    Cheap & Reliable - remember the old saying, you get what you pay for. Yep, I know that there are instances where that is not the case, but...............
    If you save a little more, you can probably find a used Glock, M&P, or XD in .45 for around $400-450. I would consider all three of these pistols, reliable.

+1. I would look thru some of the forum and auction sites (and your local gun and pawn shops) for a used Glock, etc. If you are patient, you can probably find something decent in your range. Plan B, save a few more dollars to expand your options.
    Chose a weapon that goes bang EVERY time!

Quote Originally Posted by Orive 8 View Post

I think you might be able to find a used Glock for less than $450. The local gun store had a clean no noticable wear at all Glock 27 for $329 a month ago. Granted, I don't think they had it long!

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    I would try to save a little to buy a used Glock 21/30/36 or a Smith & Wesson M&P 45. Go browse at Gun Broker and try to find something that fits your budget. There are some great deals to be found there!

But if that is not the case due to budget limitations, then I recommend you take a look at the Bersa Thunder Pro UC45. Bersa is an Argentinean Firearms Brand that makes very good and cheap firearms.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    If you're patient and take your time I'm positive you will find a good gun in that price range. You might check a local pawn shop for a nice used gun. It's pretty easy to find a police trade in Glock that will still be a great gun.

Used Glock 22 3rd Gen with 1 15rnd Mag is a good example of what you can find.

Don't get in a hurry, you'll find the right deal

As long as you are not going to be carrying it, i recommend a high point 45 acp... rougly $165 through any retailer. Shoots well, is accurate, reliable, but is heavy as a brick. A good range gun, or a gun for beside the bed or truck. Just my opinion. I do have one and love to shoot it. Bunker
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

I agree I have the Hi- Point 9mm and the 9MM carbine they are great guns. Ugly as hell but have never had an issue with either one

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links