Quick photo of the XD

This is a discussion on Quick photo of the XD within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The gun I left my G22 for =)...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Quick photo of the XD

Quick photo of the XD

The gun I left my G22 for =)
    Attached Images
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” Albert Pike

2. Remove Ads

Nice firearm. Have you had a chance to shoot it yet? I've got a XD40sc and it's a great shooter. Wish I had gone the next size up, which looks like what yours is. Let us know your thoughts on carry, feel, recoil, follow-up, trigger reset, etc. Thanks for posting.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    Nice firearm. Have you had a chance to shoot it yet? I've got a XD40sc and it's a great shooter. Wish I had gone the next size up, which looks like what yours is. Let us know your thoughts on carry, feel, recoil, follow-up, trigger reset, etc. Thanks for posting.
    So far I have shot one a box of 50 Rounds of PMC 165g. ammo. I find the recoil is nice because the slide is heavier then the glock by a noticable dif but not a big dif. The lower polymer frame is also heavier and has the same axis of the 1911 grip. This weekend I will shoot a box of 180g PMC, same grain load of my hollowpoints. I will def focus more on my shooting and give a report on what you have asked, The best part I find of my XD is the trigger and the reset. The trigger is metal and longer then the glock trigger(i like it, my personal pref.) and is around a 3.5-4 pound trigger pull from my feel on the XD. I carry a op7 concealment holster and prefer it over my crossbreed, I will post a pic of how it rides at my 3:30 and the design of the holster later.
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” Albert Pike

nice piece
    U/315
    KY Concealed Carry Instructor
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

GM
    Nice. I am sure you will enjoy it. Congrats!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Mine is set up for competition shooting; 3.5# trigger, Dawson sights, and extended mag release. It's now a great range gun.

9c4me likes this.
    May we never forget those in uniform who protect us night and day in lands far away. And those in all wars who paid the supreme sacrifice in defense of our country. May God Bless our Troops and First Responders.

Only thing that i can't stand is that it is a 12 round mag with the grip the same length of a G22, and the xd 45 has 13 in the mag...

Distinguished Member
    We welcomed an XD into the fold not too long ago. I am continually impressed with how natural it feels to shoot and how accurate I can be with it. I love that olive drab.

Congrats !

Nice gun. Nice color scheme. I have the same gun in bi-tone black/silver. I got it after shooting my friends XD40SC. Since he always carries his extended mag, he wishes he had gotten the 4" model, as well. This gun is my EDC in a crossbreed ST. I can't say one bad thing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by guardmt View Post
    Only thing that i can't stand is that it is a 12 round mag with the grip the same length of a G22, and the xd 45 has 13 in the mag...
    Keep in mind that the .45 has a much wider grip than the .40 or 9mm.

TCT
    While I own a barrel full of firearms I carry a XD .45 compact and a XD 9mm sub-compact. Both feel and shoot amazingly well. Congrats on your choice. Nice color combo too.
    bigdog44 likes this.

I do not think I will forsake the G-22 but if I did I may join you with that one, I think it is a great weapon and your tone on the receiver looks really good. Great looking fighting gun!

Quote Originally Posted by guardmt View Post
    16 round mags for my 9mm XD Tactical. Personally I don't see much use for more than the 12 round mag.
    May we never forget those in uniform who protect us night and day in lands far away. And those in all wars who paid the supreme sacrifice in defense of our country. May God Bless our Troops and First Responders.

Nice picture. Very nice gun. I have an XD service model (4 inch) with the black frame and silver slide. I like it a lot. Fits my hand real well. I don't carry it much because it is a bit bulkier than my Glock 23 and it does bother me a bit that it only holds 12 rounds where the G23 holds 13 in the mag. But, I do love it.
    Last edited by TN_Mike; March 17th, 2011 at 06:09 PM. Reason: addition
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

XDs are very fine pistols
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links