G23 night sights

This is a discussion on G23 night sights within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am going to put some Trijicon sights on my G23. I know it's personal preference but what would you prefer color wise? All green, ...

Thread: G23 night sights

G23 night sights

I am going to put some Trijicon sights on my G23. I know it's personal preference but what would you prefer color wise? All green, yellow rear front green, orange rear front green?

Trijicon Night Sight Sets for Glock GL01 w/ FREE UPS GL01Y GL01O
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

2. Remove Ads

Cool

I prefer all green however if I was looking for contrast I would go with the yellow and green. I have all green Big Dot sights on my G-23.

photo.jpg

Click image to enlarge.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    I prefer all green however if I was looking for contrast I would go with the yellow and green. I have all green Big Dot sights on my G-23.
    I, too, am quite okay with the all greens. I am not sure why anybody would need contrast.

I have all green Trijicon's on my G-23...a worth while investment IMHO...
    VCDL Member
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Theodore Roosevelt

I find the contrasting night sights be be easier to line up after having tried both. I have green front, yellow rear on my Glock 19.

I have all greens and love 'em. However, I'd consider the yellow/green combo on my next purchase. Why not, right?
    "Obviously you're not a golfer." -The Dude

I did not think it out at all; however went all green on my G-22; I really like them a lot! that is due to luck as I did not think about the contrast when I did it so I might like a contrast better and just do not know it ... But my point is all green works great as you can line the three dots up quickly and they really pop out in low light conditions!

Personally prefer all green, but if going for contrast it would be yellow on green. Just because orange lamps only last about half the time of the other two colors.
    "Those who would give up essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" -Benjamin Franklin-

Never gave it much thought. I have always had green on all mine but I must say this.

In any nightime shooting a learned, firm, correct grip on the firearm is going to do more for your aim than any other tool. Consistant grip will place the gun in your hand where you are confident with it and it will get you in the neighbor everytime before you see the sights.

Practice makes perfect.
    Certified Glock Armorer

I currently have all green on mine, but think green rear and yellow front would not be a bad combo. Anything to make the front sight stand out is good in my opinion
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

Thanks guys, $90 seem like a decent price for the sights from optics planet?
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

Links