Seecamp LWS32 Great Pocket Pistol - Impressions

This is a discussion on Seecamp LWS32 Great Pocket Pistol - Impressions within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have become a small pistol nut, ever since landing in SW Florida. Wearing clothing is an issue particularly in summer. Shorts are mandatory. So ...

Thread: Seecamp LWS32 Great Pocket Pistol - Impressions

Seecamp LWS32 Great Pocket Pistol - Impressions

I have become a small pistol nut, ever since landing in SW Florida. Wearing clothing is an issue particularly in summer. Shorts are mandatory. So for the past 10 years I have tried a variety of pistol and holsters and I finally have zeroed in on one set of combinations that make EDC a 100% reality. The Seecamp LWS32 will be with me wherever I go from now on.
    Occasionally, I will carry a second primary pistol.

Second Impressions - I wrote my first impression back in February, but have been busy getting this terrific pistol to my liking. I am almost there thanks to many on this forum.

"First Impressions on the Seecamp Forum-
    Feb 23rd, 2011, 7:44pm I am a new member of the forum and just purchase my first LWS32.
    However, I have been shooting large and small pistols for 50 years. I thought it about time to purchase a Seecamp, primarily for pocket carry. I took it to an indoor range today and fired Hornady, Gold Dot and Buffalo Bore ammunition without an issue.
    My first impressions are:
    Workmanship is as report- Watch Quality
    Perfect size for pocket carry or ankle carry
    Trigger pull should be better and reduced to 7 pounds
    Slide action could be smoothed and improved
    A punch (or tool) should be supplies for disassembly

Overall, I am pleased with the LWS32 and it will be a pistol I carry, particularly in the Florida summer months."

Let me begin by praising Larry's father and him for crafting an impressive small EDC pistol. It is a "Jewel" and it only seemed fitting to send it to Teddy Jacobson at Action by "T" and have him jewel the entire trigger and hammer mechanisms. Besides that work Teddy polished the slide and diamond polished the feed ramp and chamber. We stippled the front strap and added his "T" logo to the slide. He has reduced the trigger pull to a very smooth 7 pounds. Finally, he will supply a punch tool for disassembly. What more can I say, but perfect!

To help thing along I worked with Alan Bogdan who owns Remora Holsters. He built a holster for carrying a knife and pistol in either my front pocket or IWB. I am really pleased with this combination. Should you choose it can also hold a full extra magazine instead of a knife.

Paul at Designer Grips has supplied me with a beautiful set of Silver Reflective grips (yet to be photographed) and Jeff at Sig Power just shipped a magazine extension. So with all that I am almost finished, but am waiting to get back to the range to try out (2) more defensive ammunition rounds that arrive today, DPX and Hydra-Shok. I already tried and am please with Gold Dot and Hornady XTP and was amazed at the wallop and accuracy of Buffalo Bore Hardcast FN. I will likely settle with a combination of Hardcast and??

Actions By T - Teddy Jacobson Pistolsmith
    Home of the Original Remora No Clip Holster
    Welcome to Designer Grips

One last thing. The LWS32 is actually smaller than this 1960's Beretta Model 950B (.22 short).

2. Remove Ads

Ex Member
    Never been a fan of a .32 pocket pistol. With the Scandium J frames, LCR's., and Bodyguards you can get lighter weight, MUCH better caliber, with just a bit more size. It's your money so enjoy. Each to his own.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 old 0311 View Post
    Never been a fan of a .32 pocket pistol. With the Scandium J frames, LCR's., and Bodyguards you can get lighter weight, MUCH better caliber, with just a bit more size. It's your money so enjoy. Each to his own.
    - I have a Seecamp .32 and it's not even close to the size of the J-Frame or any other revolver. It also conceals in the pocket a lot easier since there is no cylinder to conceal. I don't carry the Seecamp often since I have a Kahr P380 and a Ruger LCP, but there are times where even those print more in a pocket than is desirable.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Teddy polished the slide and diamond polished the feed ramp and chamber.
    I'm a big Seecamp fan and have used this gun for many years. I wonder at the wisdom of polishing the chamber of a Seecamp. The chamber is made with a gouge to capture the expanding case, slowing the slide's recoil, thus making the gun a delated blowback. Have you noticed any difference in the recoil?

Beautiful work. Nice knife there. Two "automatics" in one holster. I was lucky enough to purchase a Hedley holster prior to his passing.

I just put a .25 Seecamp on layaway. Got tired of listening to it calling my name from the display case so I had to shut it up.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Superhouse 15 View Post
    I just put a .25 Seecamp on layaway. Got tired of listening to it calling my name from the display case so I had to shut it up.
    a .25, those are rare to find for sale. Lucky you.

I have a .32 seecamp and I love it down here in south Florida.
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

Advantage of a Seecamp:
    1. No one will ever think you are a cheapskate.
    2. You'll never get tired of looking at it, polishing it.
    3. The .32 in your pocket is better than the heavy .45 in the safe, because "I'm just going to the store."

(I used to think a Seecamp was god's way of telling you you made too much money, but I discovered the .32 is very affordable.
    Now I have one and sing the praise.)

los

What we've got here is failure to communicate.

los:
    Great chart. That really sends the message.

los
    THANKS, Gam.

Here's one more chart comparing the LWS to another .380 popular micro-compact pistol, the LCP.

What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Sweet gun... enjoy!!
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Now with me as EDC in the Remora holster with knife. Great set up!

Added grips and magazine extension.
    Bling includes, a complete trigger and hammer job (jeweled) and reduced trigger pull to 7 pounds.

Links