M&P 9c vs Glock 26 or wait on Kahr CM9

This is a discussion on M&P 9c vs Glock 26 or wait on Kahr CM9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I already have a 26 and I am quite pleased. I have been looking at an M&P9c to add to my carry rotation. I know ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: M&P 9c vs Glock 26 or wait on Kahr CM9

M&P 9c vs Glock 26 or wait on Kahr CM9

I already have a 26 and I am quite pleased. I have been looking at an M&P9c to add to my carry rotation. I know its a little smaller than the 26. I just wonder about the trigger. I am not the biggest fan of the Glock trigger. I have read but dont hear much about the M&P trigger and what I do isnt really favorable. What type of trigger is it. How does it compare to the Glock trigger is it the same type. I ask all this to finish with if Im looking for a nother small 9 should I just hold out for the CM9 which I assume will have a smooth DAO trigger?

2. Remove Ads

I'd say hold out for the CM9. Great triggers on the Kahr line-up. Smaller than both the Glock 26 and M&P9c. Since you already have the G26, the M&P would just be something very similar. The Kahr would on the other hand give you something smaller, lighter, and thinner for carry when you want to go light.
    sensei2 likes this.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

I agree with tkruf if you have a G26 stick with it. The trigger on the M&P not much different than the Glock. Unless you are starting a collection. I did some refining on my M&P trigger and Apex makes a kit which gives great results. Some time or money there. The Kahr is supposed to be released the 20th, however I did see one locally yesterday. Sorry I didn't check price or trigger pull (short on time) Hope to get back there today.
    LET FREEDOM REIGN NOT GOVERNMENT

I picked up an M&P9c for my wife last month. We shot both the G26 and the M&P as rentals. We both preferred the feel of the M&P, and shot it far and away better. I've got my eye out for a 40c now, since i like the 9c so much.

As far as the trigger goes, i think they are very similar in weight and crispness. From a purely objective point of view i like the way the M&P feels on my finger, the "safety" on the Glock is very distracting to me. I hear the Apex kits make the M&P trigger a real winner, but I've never seen one first hand.

Info here: https://apextactical.com/store/produ...php?pid35.html

Administrator
    M&Pc is not smaller than the 26, in fact, its almost the same size as the G19.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Since you already have the Glock 26, the M&P9c will be very similar to what you already have. Therefore, I would wait for the Kahr CM9 or look at other options like the Ruger LC9, Kimber Solo, Sig Sauer P290, Walther PPS or Kel-Tec PF9.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Of the two I picked the Glock 26. The M&P 9c and the 26 filled the same role for me. The CM9 is really in a different class as far size goes so it really is not a fair comparison to the others. Since you have the 26 wait for the Kahr
    Glock 36, 30SF, 31, 32, 21 Gen4 - Carry guns
    Ruger Mini-14 and Remington 870 by the bed both wearing Surefire lights.
    Always carry a knife-they are handy to have
    Always carry a reload-You probably won't need it but it is good insurance .
    Always carry a light- To see in the dark

I've got the G26 and the PM9; nice siblings for the reasons noted above. One thing I like about the Glock trigger is the shorter re-set as compared to the Kahr; the Kahr trigger, however, is less "mushy".

I have a G26, the M&P9c and the Kahr PM9. I find the M&P more comfortable to hold with slightly less recoil than the Glock, both have been 100 % reliable. The accuracy is very good on both, as for the trigger, to me they are about the same, maybe the Glock is a bit crisper, since I am no expert thats the best way I can describe it. The M&P seems to be slightly larger than the G26 and a bit heavier, I think it also carries 2 more rounds than the Glock. The PM9 I have has also been 100 % reliable, it is smaller and lighter than the other 2 guns which contributes to a bit more recoil, I dont find it objectionable or abusive but there is a difference. The Kahr only carries 6+1 or 7+1 with the extended mag, to me its worth the trade off for concealibility and the weight difference. The Kahr has a DAO trigger so the pull is longer but smooth and nicely weighted, accuracy is very good for such a small gun. My opinion, you already have a G26 and the M&P9c is very similiar, go with the CM9, its supposed to be the same gun as the PM9 but about $200 cheaper. It only comes with one mag, has standard rifleing instead of the Polygonal rifleing of the PM9 and they use a cheaper process for the engraving.

I have been happy with my M&P 9c. I looked at the Glock 26 but it was too big for my hand. The 9c with the small grip extension fit better. I don't mind the trigger on the 9c, but am thinking of getting the apex kit.

If you have a Glock 26 their is no reason to get the M&P9c unless you need the extra 2 rounds. Vise versa for the Glock 26 if you have a M&P9c. They are very similar. The M&P9c has a much shorter grip than the Glock 19 so it coneals better.

Tip - if you take the NRA Range Safety Officer class, or have another instructor rating, you can get a PM9 direct from Kahr (has to ship to a local FFL) for $410 plus $30 shipping. Night sights are only $65 more. It's their Instructor Program - only caveat is that the gun is to be used for "instructional purposes."
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

camsdaddy I posted earlier I thought I saw a cm9 in a store. I was mistaken. However according to the kahr web site they will be out the 28th of March. Sorry if I mislead you.
    LET FREEDOM REIGN NOT GOVERNMENT

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    M&Pc is not smaller than the 26, in fact, its almost the same size as the G19.
    I saw the thread topic and was about to post this very same comment.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I already have a 26 and I am quite pleased. I have been looking at an M&P9c to add to my carry rotation. I know its a little smaller than the 26. I just wonder about the trigger. I am not the biggest fan of the Glock trigger. I have read but dont hear much about the M&P trigger and what I do isnt really favorable. What type of trigger is it. How does it compare to the Glock trigger is it the same type. I ask all this to finish with if Im looking for a nother small 9 should I just hold out for the CM9 which I assume will have a smooth DAO trigger?
    I'd suggest the Kahr CM9. I don't have and never shot the M&P, but I do have a G26 and two Kahrs. The triggers on the Kahrs are the best I have ever used on any DAO auto loader. I have the CW9 and a PM40, both are awesome shooters and I carry the .40 daily along with my LCR. I don't mind the Glock trigger, but IMO, the Kahr trigger exceeds the Glock trigger by a good measure. Combine the CC benefits for the smaller frame and overall size of the Kahr is a huge plus as well.

Good luck with your choice, all are fine options which ever one you decide on.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links