Which one

This is a discussion on Which one within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I voted Glock. Just personal preference. I had a Sig P239 which shot like butter, but almost immediately had to be replaced by Sig due ...

View Poll Results: Which one in your opinion/why?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sig Sauer

44 43.14%
  • Glock

58 56.86%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Which one

I voted Glock. Just personal preference. I had a Sig P239 which shot like butter, but almost immediately had to be replaced by Sig due to massive rail gouging. I traded the replacement for a Glock 19 which I love. More or less the same size and basically twice the capacity. And being a beta tester for the P238 also soured me.

2. Remove Ads

Watch this video, substitute Sig for XD; and be happy with your choice.....

YouTube - GLOCK vs XD

Glock in my opinion
    "When you have to shoot, Shoot! Don't talk."

I personally think Glocks are a wonderful weapon as far as the beating they can take and I would love to own a model 20. However, I cannot shoot the darn thing to save my butt! Hate the trigger!!! Plus the grip angle is all wrong for me. To align the sites, I have to tilt my wrist at such an extremely, uncomfortable, (almost painful), downward angle. BTW, why can't they put a set of sights on the weapon that are worth a crap from the factory? Those cheesy things pop off if you look at them the wrong way.

I did of course voted for Sig. I held/fondled one many, many years ago and felt like Wayne in Wayne's World, " oh yes, she will be mine one day". 3 years ago I scored a lovely 2 tone P229R in .357Sig. Best dang out of the box weapon I have ever owned!! Accurate as my high end, custom Delta Elite and gobbles up everything, (& I mean everything), I load in her! That Sig has turned my 1911's into safe queens.
    You never see a motorcycle parked ouside a psychiatrist's office!

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    Glock! love the sig, but the glock will be the king until someone takes the crown! to take the crown you have to beat the champ in convincing mannor. Others have put out products that are just as reliable, but you gotta beat them to take the crown.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

Quote Originally Posted by DarthPete View Post
    I voted Glock. Just personal preference. I had a Sig P239 which shot like butter, but almost immediately had to be replaced by Sig due to massive rail gouging. I traded the replacement for a Glock 19 which I love. More or less the same size and basically twice the capacity. And being a beta tester for the P238 also soured me.

I had the same on two 226's. I really liked the pair but not worth the hassle. Sig. is having several models going to the chopping block. Their QC is also in need of a over haul. I say this just as members for the most say on the Sig forum. I believe Sig will get it together oneday i hope. The same fella(kohen) sp.? sure put a hurting on Kimber that they are still not over. I just see Kimber and Sig getting over this guys lack of business sense.

Based on my experience and friends who have bought and used both...Glock
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HKnGlock View Post
    I had the same on two 226's. I really liked the pair but not worth the hassle. Sig. is having several models going to the chopping block. Their QC is also in need of a over haul. I say this just as members for the most say on the Sig forum. I believe Sig will get it together oneday i hope. The same fella(kohen) sp.? sure put a hurting on Kimber that they are still not over. I just see Kimber and Sig getting over this guys lack of business sense.
    There's at least one member on Sig forum that disagrees, ME. You know glock is going to win this poll, just look how popular kool-aid is.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    When talking about Sig and Glock, its not a question of reliability. Its a question of value vs. quality. One has more value, the other has more quality.
    But, one must take into consideration the different models. There are some models of Glock I would not buy, and the same with Sig.

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    I think they both are reliable and it all comes down to preference.

^^^^^^^^I tend to be^^^^^^^^^

In these two camps on this one, therefore I did not cast a vote

"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading."
    ~ Henny Youngman
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

I can not answer this trick question.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Glock! Pure preference!
    Glock 26 9mm, Ruger LCR .357mag

"Protect yourself at all times."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."-Clint Smith

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar

-------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

I don't like Sigs, so even though I don't own any Glocks I went with them for this poll.

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    SIG, for 100% reliability (with my current P229 and past P220 pistols) and fit in my hands.

Yes, I tried several Glocks, for about three years. Three had fixable problems that caused malfs.

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Okay, I've seen glocks shoot to the point parts fly off an keep working. I owned my first pistol a used Sig that was a rust block when I bought it used and after cleaning have not had a single weapon malfunction, my dad has owned his P226 for 20 years and it still goes bang everytime.

Honestly its a trick question, in my opinion, so in short this poll I think is more about popularity not reliability.

So in the face of full disclosure now I'm voting Sig, because style has to count for something.

And I kinda Owe Sig a lot.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links