Kahr P380, Ruger LCP, KEl-Tec 3AT, Sig P238 or S&W Body Guard Which would you pick? - Page 4

Kahr P380, Ruger LCP, KEl-Tec 3AT, Sig P238 or S&W Body Guard Which would you pick?

This is a discussion on Kahr P380, Ruger LCP, KEl-Tec 3AT, Sig P238 or S&W Body Guard Which would you pick? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Out of all of them the Kahr would be my choice. It has real usable sights, as does the P238, but I dont want cocked ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Kahr P380, Ruger LCP, KEl-Tec 3AT, Sig P238 or S&W Body Guard Which would you pick?

Out of all of them the Kahr would be my choice. It has real usable sights, as does the P238, but I dont want cocked and locked in my pocket which is where this type of gun should live.

The 238 has been hit and miss like some have said.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I have a Colt Govt Model 380, simlar to the SIG 238. I got a LCP becuase I did not feel comfortable cocked and locked while pocket carry. For everything but pocket carry a prefer cocked and locked. For your stated needs I would narrow it down to the guns without a safety.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

had a p3at and it was exactly the same as my lcp in my mind. but the finish was super crappy. if you dont mind a ugly cheap fealing gun that feels like its gonn break then by all means get the keltec.have a lcp that ive had for a cpl years. never had a issue with it and it is fairly accurate if you can hold on to it. never even handled the kahr but it sounds nice. im thinking of trading my lcp in on a sig tomorrrow jus to have a "baller" pocket gun lol. sounds stupid but thats how i am. and i know the sig is very good qaulity and will last longer then me so that comforts me a lil knowing i could have gotten any glock bnib for the price of the sig lol! maybe ill look into the kahr if they have one. also take into account all the "features" that everybody wants on there pocket gun create more levers/switches/buttons to catch on clothing on presentation. wich is why the ruger has such rudimentory sights. also more stuff to mess with under stress is never good. i feel confident in my ability to work the sig under stress so it doesnt bother me. some it may be a problem. as far as the snagging, imwilling to take that risk. most would be mitigated by a good pocket holster anyway. i think honestly...for its purpose the lcp is great, possibly better then the sig in some ways. but like i said, if i want to have a nice rifle, a nice pistol, why should i have some throw away pocket gun? the sig is def nice qaulity. kahr is nice as well im sure but the sig is baller status lol. and for 1911 guys it should be natural to use to begin with. look into the micro de. its possiby nicer then all the above mentioned.
    "Anyone worth shooting, is probably worth shooting several times."

Quote Originally Posted by RemBart View Post
    I would encourage you to at least consider the Sig P238. It is the perfect pocket carry gun for me. Primarily because it is so much easier to shoot and shoot accurately than all the guns you mentioned with the possible exception of the Kahr. The difference is in the trigger and recoil. I owned the Keltec. While it was a very dependable weapon, at more than contact distance it was hard for me to be accurate with because of the long and heavy trigger pull. The Ruger was not much better. It was smoother but still long and heavy. The Kahr had a very smooth long trigger. I liked it a lot but none of those compared to the Sig in my opinion. It has a short crisp single action trigger and is a great weight for pocket carry, not too heavy but not too light. It soaks the recoil perfectly. The keltec was a beast to shoot, the Sig is not too much different than shooting my .22 Buckmark. I can double or triple tap accurately with the Sig. Double taps were impossible for me with the keltec because of the trigger. To me it comes down to what you want to spend and how much you want to shoot the weapon. If you want a less expensive gun just for carry (always fire the gun enough to make sure it is reliable) then any of the guns, keltec or ruger primarily, would be great. Up close is where self defense guns are needed anyway. I would probably buy the Ruger because it is a little more polished than the keltec and Ruger has great durability built into their guns. However, if you plan to shoot your guns regularly I believe that the Sig rules with the Kahr coming in a distant second. I shoot my P238 every week or so and love it. I have about 600 rounds through the gun and it has been perfect.
    +1 on the Sig......I am VERY happy with my P238. Would highly recommend going to a range(s) and trying each. To me, the Sig just feels right and I am far more comfortable and accurate with it. YMMV
    USMC Retired ----- Not as lean - Not as mean - Still a Marine!!!!! Semper Fi

“Man... hath by nature a power
    .... to preserve his property - that is, his life, liberty, and estate - against the injuries and attempts of other men.”
    John Locke quote

Arrow My Pref

Although the LCP has a great track record, I chose the (rather expensive) Sig P238. Reasoning since I like 1911 models, it can be carried cocked and locked (I like that feature!) and, it has awesome nite sights!!!!
    Glock 32 & 27
    Kimber Ultra & Crimson
    Ruger SR9c
    Kahr PM9
    Sig P238

couldnt take it any longer and went and got a p238 today. traded my lcp and about 350$ for it ouch. but its so nice and has nite sites and already i can tell how much better qaulity it is then the lcp. dont get me wrong i loved the lcp and didnt wana get rid of it but guns are like anything else you get what you pay for. and the nite sites on the sig are excellent!
    "Anyone worth shooting, is probably worth shooting several times."

I looked at a number and went with the Ruger LCP.
    With the CT laser I can put my rounds on target out to 20 yards, easy.
    Price played a part.

Lateck,
    Proud Ruger & SIG owner, in the Free State of Arizona

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links