Kahr P380, Ruger LCP, KEl-Tec 3AT, Sig P238 or S&W Body Guard Which would you pick?

Kahr P380, Ruger LCP, KEl-Tec 3AT, Sig P238 or S&W Body Guard Which would you pick?

This is a discussion on Kahr P380, Ruger LCP, KEl-Tec 3AT, Sig P238 or S&W Body Guard Which would you pick? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Kahr P380, Ruger LCP, Kel-Tec 3AT,Sig P238 or S&W Body Guard Which would you pick? I am going to get a 380 for a bug, ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Kahr P380, Ruger LCP, KEl-Tec 3AT, Sig P238 or S&W Body Guard Which would you pick?

Kahr P380, Ruger LCP, Kel-Tec 3AT,Sig P238 or S&W Body Guard Which would you pick? I am going to get a 380 for a bug, and when I just can't carry anything else, summer is coming and I will need a pocket gun.

So out of the guns above which do you have and what made you choose it? I am open to all 380's that fit in the pocket.

i took a good hard look at all the .380's you mentioned before deciding on the Ruger lcp..it has been perfect w/nearly 300rds through it..no regrets buying it..

I simply chose the keltec P3At over the ruger lcp because it can handle the "+p" rounds. I never gave the others a look as they came well after my decision. It is still lighter the all of them and that means a lot to me for pocket carry. I havent cleaned or lubed it in over six months, it was full of lint and arizona desert dust, I emptied the mag like that. No issues to fire. I like the loose tolerances of the p3at, especially in my gritty dusty environment.
    Macantic likes this.

I really like my Kahr P380!

I like my LCP. Size and weight are unbeatable. No problems so far.

I've had two of the five, the LCP and the P380. I tried to like the LCP, I've actually gone through two but ended up selling both. I liked the price, hated the trigger, and the lack of features. I added a CT laser to the gun. By the time I added the CT, I was close to the price of the P380, and still didn't have all the features that the P380 did. I still have the P380. It has a much better trigger, real sights, slide lock, two magazines, stainless slide, and less recoil compared to the LCP. The P380 did have to be sent back to Kahr, but has been flawless ever since. Both LCPs ran well right out of the box. That being said, I either pocket carry my PM9 or M&P 340, so the P380 just sits in the safe.
    Walk quietly and carry a big stick.

i have and love the LCP

I went back to the Ruger LCP even after I thought I was done with the .380s. For a BUG or a pistol to carry when the weather is just too darn hot to carry a bigger handgun, it can't be beat. Mine has been reliable from the box as was my previous LCP. I purchased the hard chrome slide LCP and added a Crimson Trace Laser Guard. I carry mine in a Uncle George wallet holster in my right hip pocket. I hope this helps you in your decision.
    God bless our troops!

I own the Ruger LCP and the Kahr P380. Both have Crimson Trace lasers on them. The Kahr is a little smaller and handles +P rounds. It's trigger is also infinitely better than the LCP. I normally pocket carry the P380.

kel tec is what i got, had it for many mango seasons. i have shot the ruger and kahr, they are good guns,,,but it is the kel tec for me. hard to beat the gun that started it all.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Kahr P380. Wonderful pocket item, holstered of course. Slide locks back, nice trigger, real sights, SS & no rust issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Flint Ridge View Post
    Kahr P380. Wonderful pocket item, holstered of course. Slide locks back, nice trigger, real sights, SS & no rust issues.
    You like your P380, any break in problems?

I have a P238, nitron with rosewood grips. I had a Ruger LCP before, not fun to shoot. I also had a DB380, what a piece of crap. The trigger broke the first time I shot it. Sent it to the factory for repairs and then sold it to a friend for his wife. She put 100 rds through it and the trigger broke again. My Sig is the smoothest trigger pull I've had on any of my .380's.

I have an S&W BG380 and like it a lot. It's been reliable, no issues at all.

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    I had an LCP, a P3AT, and I have the P380. I've fondled the Sig and handled the bodyguard. I'd take the P380 with night sights over all. Better eronomics for me anyway, the trigger is the best of them all including the SA sig which I found to be gritty and not like a regular 1911. I'm also not keen on a single action w/thumb safety for a dedicated pocket gun. I prefer the P380 because it has the best, smoothest DAO trigger of any gun I've fired. the sights are the best of any of those but the Sig is probably about the same. It's light weight and is more accurate than my LCP or either of my P3AT's were. Only down side was price but I believe it's simply the best all round dedicated pocket pistol currently on the market when you balance all the good features for a Pocket gun.

Gideon

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links