I just drunk the Kool-aid----Sorta

This is a discussion on I just drunk the Kool-aid----Sorta within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Long time since I have been here. I had gotten away from the scene for awhile due to some issues at work and I needed ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: I just drunk the Kool-aid----Sorta

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar

Long time since I have been here. I had gotten away from the scene for awhile due to some issues at work and I needed a long break from everything. As some may know, back late around Sept of last year I bought a Kimber Pro Carr II, I loved shooting that gun, but for me it was just too cumbersom to have break down and put back together and I got more frustrated with it than enjoyment, it maybe it was my lack of knowledge. Sold the gun, took a quick vacation to Sincity (Las Vegas) and since I sitll had some money left over I went and put a brand spanking new Gen3 Glock 19 on lawaway. I should pick it up next week and already have an OWB holster for it since anago (2002-2004) I had a Gen3 G19.

I hope I get as much enjoyment out of this one as I did my old one. Sad thing, these are combat guns made to take abuse and I babied that thing.
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

Congrats on the purchase, you won't be sorry. Enjoy!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Great handgun!!! I think that the Glock 19 is the # 1 carry gun in 9mm.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Better change your signature line now that you went back to the dark side. Don't get me wrong I really like my G36, but if it came between it and my Kimber Ultra Carry. Well I would have to say bye bye to the Glock.
    "Those who would give up essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" -Benjamin Franklin-

kimbers are what you show your friends, glocks are what you show your enemies
    oneshot, TomInJax, joker1 and 1 others like this.

I was sooooo close to going to the dark side. But I didn't. congrats on the new pistol.
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    I am VERY close to joining the dark side with a Glock 26, but there are none to be found right now in Costa Rica (SOLD OUT!).
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

VIP Member
    Warning. Glocks are very boring. They only shoot when it's loaded and you pull the trigger (it always does that). They break down and clean up in minutes. When you carry them, they just sit in the holster (you sometimes can forget it's even there). That's all they do. Very boring stuff.
    Lyndo, joker1 and bunkiefd4 like this.

Congrats on the new glock, stay safe

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Warning. Glocks are very boring. They only shoot when it's loaded and you pull the trigger (it always does that). They break down and clean up in minutes. When you carry them, they just sit in the holster (you sometimes can forget it's even there). That's all they do. Very boring stuff.
    Dont forget that when looking at them they are not pretty and wont win any beauty pagents. A glock is like the girl you would not take out on a date, it still needs love.
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

I carry mine EDC with confidence it will do its job. Thats the main reason i went with Glock after so many years in denial. Simplicity=Reliability can be boring but better than the alternative. I looked at some Kimbers last week one brand new just put on the shelve. Looking for something different. It was a Custom CDP II i racked the slide and rust all over the barrel and i sat it down quickly the rust was not surface rust but had like a thickness to it. I bought a HK instead. Has some company's forgot about QC?? Congrats on the 19. I shot several boxes of +9+ a few days ago thru mine felt great.

Quote Originally Posted by alachner View Post
    Great handgun!!! I think that the Glock 19 is the # 1 carry gun in 9mm.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by HKnGlock View Post
    I carry mine EDC with confidence it will do its job. Thats the main reason i went with Glock after so many years in denial. Simplicity=Reliability can be boring but better than the alternative. I looked at some Kimbers last week one brand new just put on the shelve. Looking for something different. It was a Custom CDP II i racked the slide and rust all over the barrel and i sat it down quickly the rust was not surface rust but had like a thickness to it. I bought a HK instead. Has some company's forgot about QC?? Congrats on the 19. I shot several boxes of +9+ a few days ago thru mine felt great.
    I am looking forward to bringing it home. I have a Fobus holster that I bought in 2002 or so that I used for my first G19, which I had to OC while at now ex-inlaws farm (I had no idea OC was legal in Ohio at the time). I loved that Glock and hope I have the same attachment to this one. Heck, I still remember the serial number of the first Glock 19. This one only has two 15 round magazines but thats ok, I can pick up more if needed.

I like simple. As I said, i enjoyed my Kimber, I loved shooting it but the break down and putting back together really frustrated me for one and the cost of .45 made it hard for me to afford shooting (I raise a child on my own making $10 an hour).
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Congrats on the purcahse. I'm still going back and forth trying to convince myself I need a G19.
    Glock 26 9mm, Ruger LCR .357mag

"Protect yourself at all times."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."-Clint Smith

Congrats. Nice choice. Can't go wrong with a Glock.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links