Snagged a bodyguard .380 today

This is a discussion on Snagged a bodyguard .380 today within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After a lot of testing and indecision I finally pulled the proverbial trigger. Was $399 but the serial is EAF so it shouldn't have any ...

Thread: Snagged a bodyguard .380 today

After a lot of testing and indecision I finally pulled the proverbial trigger. Was $399 but the serial is EAF so it shouldn't have any of the earlier model takedown pin issues.

I like to carry front right pocket and so I am looking for a good thin holster. If anyone has some good advice it would be appreciated. I am looking forward to having something smaller that I can keep on me 24/7 which just isn't possible with my current rig.

Btw it wont be here for two weeks, it's been hell to get ahold of one so I feel a bit like this right now

Congrats on the new pistola... Two weeks, yeah that's a good little wait time for a new toy to arrive. Good luck and be sure to load that .380 up with some potent .380 rounds when it arrives. I'd suggest this stuff for the .380, it's all I carry in my pocket pistols when I carry one of my small pocket autos.

GBK
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Desantis nemesis pocket holster... its what i carry my Jframes with, should do even better with your bodyguard. Bunker
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

GM
    Congrats on the new Bodyguard. Hope you enjoy it!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

congrats on the new S&W,most pocket carry .380's in a Desantis Nemesis..

Check out the small remora holster. It works great with this pistol. You can use it as a pocket holster, a very comfortable IWB and an ankle holster if your socks are in good shape. There are even videos of people doing shoulder rolls across the tatami mat with the Remora in place. They are really amazing. And you can't beat the price and service.
    Home of the Original Remora No Clip Holster
    Go here for pictures with the BG380: Do any tuckable holsters actually work?

Go here for links to McCabe's holsters for the BG380:McCabe's Custom Leather
    and here: Bodyguard380.com Forum • View topic - Holsters made FOR the Bodyguard.

You should be pretty well beyond the takedown pin problem. Be sure to sight in your laser at 15 to 20 yards and practice with the gun. It has less recoil than the LCP, the PM9, etc. but it takes getting used to the trigger and the small size.

The clue to reassembly after cleaning is to MAKE SURE THE BARREL IS FULLY EXTENDED WITHTHE SLIDE RETRACTED or the pin will not seat.

Let us know ho you like it once you have had a chance to give it a work out.

How do people feel about the Recluse as a holster option.

Recluse - The Perfect Pocket Holster

Quote Originally Posted by Lanner View Post
    How do people feel about the Recluse as a holster option.

Recluse - The Perfect Pocket Holster
    It's twice the price (of $24.95) and half the versatility (IWb or pocket or ankle) of the Remora holster.

I am intending to strong side pocket carry. Ankle doesn't seem to make much sense for me and if I am carrying IWB it will be with my 9mm in a very nice custom holster. Read some reviews on the remora, I guess I will give it a go. Any holster is better than no holster and if I don't like it, well it goes in the holster box. I liked the fact that for pocket carry the recluse broke up the outline of the gun so much better. Just looks like a wallet.

Dunno tough decision. Would love to hear feedback from anyone with a bodyguard .380 who uses the recluse. I generally am in either suit pants or khakis so I print easily. I think that is where the appeal for the recluse is coming from.

I would suggest RKBA leather holsters. I have two for my LCP and the build quality is great.

How is the rkba for staying in your pocket while in various positions? The recluse because of the trigger hold looks like it would have the best retention in the pocket.

Another vote for the Desantis Nemesis. Give us a range report. Steve Denny from Pro Arms recently tested one and gave it a good review.
    Bob Mayne
    HandgunWorld Podcast
    www.handgunworld.com
    Suarez International Instructor

Congrats.
    +1 on the Desantis, that is what I use for mine. I carry it in my right front pocket or right back pocket depending on which pants I am wearing, I haven't had a problem either way.

Thanks for the feedback. I think I will grab a nemesis first and go from there. maybe the recluse because it encloses the muzzle.

Sponsored Links