Sig Sauer P238 Fail - again. - Page 3

Sig Sauer P238 Fail - again.

This is a discussion on Sig Sauer P238 Fail - again. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I contacted Sig to see what the status is on the P238. They are sending me a new one and shipping it to my firearms ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Sig Sauer P238 Fail - again.

Update

I contacted Sig to see what the status is on the P238. They are sending me a new one and shipping it to my firearms dealer (since it is a new one with a different serial number - I will have to do another background check). It should be here in the next few days. I will put 100 rounds through it at the range and let everyone know how the replacement fares. I am hoping that they know the problem and are sending me a known good one.

To be fair about this, I have read several comments from other P238 owners that have never had one problem with them and have shot hundreds of rounds through their P238 flawlessly. I am hoping to be one of them soon!

I would imagine that if they replaced it (Sig must be learning), that it should work fine. The early months showed a lot of internet negative traffic on these, myself included. But the issues like yours have dropped significantly over the past year and I think they are actually selling more.

So, Hopefully Sig has it dialed in. I wish mine had worked it was a great gun - other than not working And most folks have not had issues.

Sell it and buy a M&P or a Glock.
    C hawk Glock likes this.

Im one of those that have had zero problems. gonig on 600 rounds so far
    Current collection: Too many according to the wife...

Quote Originally Posted by BARobinson View Post
    Sell it and buy a M&P or a Glock.
    I have 3 Glocks and love them: 19, 26, and 36.

I also have a Kahr PM9 with is my current carry weapon of choice. I got it about 6 weeks ago and put 450 rounds through it and never had one failure.

Update #2: I still have no P238!

Today, I tried to contact my CSR at Sig Sauer, Scott Rudolph, only to get his voicemail. I originally sent this to Sig on March 7th for this problem, got it back un-fixed. And sent it right back to them. They said that they are going to replace it, but I haven't gotten any shipping confirmation. Scott at Sig says that it hasn't been shipped yet and I will receive a tracking number when it is shipped.

I have sent 2 or 3 emails to Scott my CSR at Sig, but it seems like this "fix" is taking forever. I have been calm and cool when I speak with them on the phone or email, because the CSR may not have much power to speed things up.

I have always thought that Sig Sauer had high quality firearms and excellent service, but I am now wondering about this.
    Tom

"A free people ought... to be armed... "
    George Washington, 1790

NRA Endowment Member, CCRKBA Life Member, JPFO Life Member, GOA Life Member, 2nd Amendment Foundation Life Member

JD
    Administrator
    They told you on the 2nd that they were shipping you a new gun...it's the 6th, calm down a bit. They may not have any to send you right now. They have to check their inventory, see what's available, probably run some rounds through it to make sure they aren't sending you another dud gun, take it back over to shipping....it's a process. They'll get you new one.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    They told you on the 2nd that they were shipping you a new gun...it's the 6th, calm down a bit. They may not have any to send you right now. They have to check their inventory, see what's available, probably run some rounds through it to make sure they aren't sending you another dud gun, take it back over to shipping....it's a process. They'll get you new one.
    I will wait another week or so before I contact them again. It is frustrating that they have had my gun about 4X longer than I have.

Thanks,
    Tom

"A free people ought... to be armed... "
    George Washington, 1790

NRA Endowment Member, CCRKBA Life Member, JPFO Life Member, GOA Life Member, 2nd Amendment Foundation Life Member

When they finally replaced mine on the 4th time in it took 6 weeks or so. They had none in like mine and had to wait for a new run. This might be the case, but I really doubt it will take that long, they seem to be pumping them out pretty fast these days.

Only 2 choices left IMO...send it back after talking with a MANAGER...or send it down the road.

I'm with 10thmtn on the lint/dust issue ...

After I sent mine back, I was told they would be replacing it as well as the 3 additional magazines I purchased. I've already received the new mags via US Mail, but no word yet on the pistol. I wasn't told that I would get a tracking number or anything about when it would actually ship. I'll try to be patient...
    Plans? Why make plans when you can do things haphazardly?

Florida Shooters Network
    Map of Central FL gun shops

Glad to hear that they plan to give you a new one. Keep us posted
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

Went to the range today. The rifle line was so full, bagged that. So, went to the pistol line and fired off a few Sig P220 .45 and Sig P238. Now I have been carrying this P238 in my pocket for a year and a half and have myself wondered about reliability after having a few FTE's. However, I just pulled it out of my pocket and perfectly fired seven shots, reloaded with the spare mag I pocket carry, perfectly fired six shots. Then I went through a baggie of ammo that I had rotated out of pocket carry - these all fire perfectly. Frankly I am somewhat surprised. I attribute this to the pistol finally getting broken in and not using grease, but only gun oil. I freshen up the oil job every couple of weeks. This is pretty good for a pistol and ammo that gets carried in pocket 24/7.

Then stopped off at the gun store on the way home and eyed the Kimber solo in the glass case. I understand there is now a waiting list projected to to to 2012. That's ok, I a not ready to buy just yet, but will keep my eye on that. Money now going into rifle setup.

Suggest you go to the Sig Forum. The pistol has been trouble since day one. I have had two completely reworked to get them to run.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links