Defensive Carry banner

It's so hot it's melted my pistol

3K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  AnimalKracker 
#1 · (Edited)
I just picked it up from Terry Collins, and Jerry Tanner at Gander Mnt. in N. Little Rock. A melt and reliability job was done to it. New grips are on order from Wicked Grips. Have new leather on order for this one also.

See less See more
#11 ·
SWEET! I'll give ya a dollar for it! :rofl:

That really does look like a fine weapon!

#14 ·
Speaking of being hot enough to melt your gun, it's been so hot here in E. Texas the past week, I've been bringing my car gun inside, even when it's in the garage. Since this time last week, it's been over 100 degrees here every day; in a closed car, it can hit 150 degrees +. With that kind of heat, I've been worried my ammo, gun lubes and non metal parts may be affected. Luckily, there's only a little more than a week left until July is over. Of course, then I have to deal with AUGUST!! BTW, I tried the "hot enough to fry an egg on the road" bit yesterday, and I got a nice sunny side up in about 5 minutes.

#15 ·
AnimalKracker said:
And looking for change back also, I bet. :rofl:
No no, you can keep the entire dollar! :bier:

Please post some pics when you get the new leather!

#19 ·
rachilders said:
Speaking of being hot enough to melt your gun, it's been so hot here in E. Texas the past week, I've been bringing my car gun inside, even when it's in the garage. Since this time last week, it's been over 100 degrees here every day; in a closed car, it can hit 150 degrees +. With that kind of heat, I've been worried my ammo, gun lubes and non metal parts may be affected. Luckily, there's only a little more than a week left until July is over. Of course, then I have to deal with AUGUST!! BTW, I tried the "hot enough to fry an egg on the road" bit yesterday, and I got a nice sunny side up in about 5 minutes.
As a kid I used to run around barefooted, at the end of the day after picking up pop bottles to buy a box of .22 shells (shorts) and a Pepsi. I'd have melted asphalt all over the bottom of my feet. Now I can't go barefooted on grass. :rofl:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.