SW 686 DLX 357mag

This is a discussion on SW 686 DLX 357mag within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I use to own one of this and I like it but I'm not sure why in the heck did i trade it so when ...

Thread: SW 686 DLX 357mag

SW 686 DLX 357mag

I use to own one of this and I like it but I'm not sure why in the heck did i trade it so when i saw this today I said that will be mine again. Its a NIB not same one i use to own because that would just be sad..Anyway here is my all around wheel gun meaning, range gun ,hiking gun and HD piece for my wife, it will fit perfectly in a MURSE (manpurse) that i got hehehe..here it is..

Don't want to be on this end ever!!

(I was not in anyway infront of the muzzle on this shot)

And here is the MURSE i carry it in..

2. Remove Ads

Very nice. I have a 2.5" 686 6 shot I love.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

You scored big vikz. I too have a 686. Mine is the 2.5" version. It's one gun I would not part with. Congratulations on finding and getting a great revolver.
    Attached Images

Very nice piece. If I might make a suggestion. Buy one SL Comp III loader, try it, and see if you don't think the advantages outweigh the additional size.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    Very nice piece. If I might make a suggestion. Buy one SL Comp III loader, try it, and see if you don't think the advantages outweigh the additional size.
    I carried a 681 (686 with fixed sights)back in the early 80's on duty,we used spring loaded speedloaders that held the rounds from wobbling and all you did was insert loader and push to release the rounds,very fast and easy
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

One of the very best revolvers made...

These are great guns for shooting - I have two, one in 6 inch barrel and one in 2.5 inch barrel. I am impressed that you are motivated to carry it, as it is a fairly bulky and heavy revolver.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Very nice looking revolver. I just recently purchased a 686 no dash 4" and absolutely love it.( Maybe thats because it is old like me) I have spent some time cleaning and polishing, and really believe it will be a great home defense weapon. Glad you found yours and hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine. Stay safe

Very impressive piece. Are all 686s seven shot?
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Very nice, has a loud bark and a heck of a bite as well!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

That's a beautiful revolver. Mine is a 686-4 (plus) with a 4" barrel and I absolutely love it.

zacii - the standard 686 is 6-shot; the "plus" version is 7-shot.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

VIP Member
    I have a 686 plus (pre lock) with a 6 inch barrel. I absolutely adore this firearm. I actually have been shooting it quite a bit as watching my buddy Tangle shoot DA in his video's, it has made me master my trigger control. It's kind of cheating when it stacks at the second click though! It's funny but I would not feel under gunned with 7 rounds of .357 by any means. Mine is my backpacking through the cascades gun.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    Very impressive piece. Are all 686s seven shot?
    The plain 686, the 686 Pro Series, and the 686 American Series are all six shot revolvers, while the 686 Plus, 686 Deluxe, and 686 3-5-7 Magnum Series all hold seven.

I know that it is a bit confusing, but S&W actually makes six different versions of the 686, and that is not even taking into account all of the different barrel length options that they have.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    The plain 686, the 686 Pro Series, and the 686 American Series are all six shot revolvers, while the 686 Plus, 686 Deluxe, and 686 3-5-7 Magnum Series all hold seven.

I know that it is a bit confusing, but S&W actually makes six different versions of the 686, and that is not even taking into account all of the different barrel length options that they have.

Lance,

Did you ever get yours sighted in properly?? I missed the follow up.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Links