Buy or Sale

Buy or Sale

This is a discussion on Buy or Sale within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I bought a Colt XSE to turn into a 460 rowland and it didn't work out. The kit didn't fit out of the box so ...

View Poll Results: buy sale trade??

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Buy

10 50.00%
  • Sale

3 15.00%
  • Trade

7 35.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Buy or Sale

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar

Buy or Sale

I bought a Colt XSE to turn into a 460 rowland and it didn't work out. The kit didn't fit out of the box so I sent it to be custom fit and it just didn't work with the gun. I fired around 15-20 460 rounds through the gun and then tore it down and put it back to its normal 45ACP. I fired two full mags with the 45ACP and they ran flawless. The gun is beautiful but I have a "few" 1911's and I don't know that I really need another. So do I buy it or sell it??? or maybe trade it??
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

VIP Member
    Sell it for $10. PM me for the address. :)

Seriously, you probably will get more $$ out of a sale, but it is more hassle. A personal trade is a possibility if you can find the right deal. Takes time and a bit of hassle with the transfers. A dealer trade is easier, quicker and hassle free, but you probably loose a couple hundred bucks. As for buying it, I thought you already owned it.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

I would try to trade it for another 1911 to try the conversion kit on.
    "You can't shake the devils hand and say you were only kidding"

I say add a choice on the poll for sell.

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragman View Post
    I bought a Colt XSE to turn into a 460 rowland and it didn't work out. The kit didn't fit out of the box so I sent it to be custom fit and it just didn't work with the gun. I fired around 15-20 460 rounds through the gun and then tore it down and put it back to its normal 45ACP. I fired two full mags with the 45ACP and they ran flawless. The gun is beautiful but I have a "few" 1911's and I don't know that I really need another. So do I buy it or sell it??? or maybe trade it??
    What should I do? Let see … the gun is beautiful, it runs flawless, it is Colt, and it is a 1911 … of course I really need it
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Buy Is the same as just keep it.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    The fact you even question keeping it says you really want to get rid of it. Whether you sell or trade is up to you.
    And it "Buy or 'sell'" by the way.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

I'd keep it!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    The fact you even question keeping it says you really want to get rid of it. Whether you sell or trade is up to you.
    And it "Buy or 'sell'" by the way.
    Actually, it could say the opposite as well; although he has several 1911ís he tries to find a reason to keep this one too
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Trade for another gun that will have more use.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Quote Originally Posted by alachner View Post
    Trade for another gun that will have more use.
    That's kinda what I'm thinking I bought this 1911 for a reason and now that I can't do it I have to try and find a reason why too "buy/keep" sale or trade. If I sale what do you all think is reasonable?? $850?? $800???

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    I think I would be asking why it didn't "custom fit", then start from there. You had a plan, paid money, and didn't get proper results. Why lose twice?

OD*
    I'd keep it.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

I was considering one of these a while back. Trade it cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by mr surveyor View Post
    I think I would be asking why it didn't "custom fit", then start from there. You had a plan, paid money, and didn't get proper results. Why lose twice?
    Because they wont Guarantee that they can fix the problem. I already have $60 bucks lost in shipping and I am not about to spend another $30 for shipping without a guarantee that it will work. I am just gonna get a refund on the kit and either Keep, sale, or trade the colt. If I can't get close to what I paid for it I will just keep it.

Does anyone want some 460 Rowland ammo??? I have some and don't have a reason for it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links