Looking for a higher capacity compact 9mm

This is a discussion on Looking for a higher capacity compact 9mm within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; :)...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Looking for a higher capacity compact 9mm

los
    :)

Old School likes this.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

2. Remove Ads

I have Taurus PT709 too and like it very much, but in my opinion the smallest high capacity 9mm is the Keltec P11 with a 12+1 capacity. It is even smaller than the Glock G26. I hope this helps. God Bless

Forgot to add with the Keltec P11 it comes stock with a 10 round magazine, but you can purchase a 12 round flush fittting magazine from Keltec. Again I hope this helps. God Bless

VIP Member
    M&P9c for the lady over the block 26 not doubt. Higher capacity and you can change the grips better to fit a ladies hand.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by poppy37 View Post
    My wife is looking to replace her current concealed carry gun for something that hold a few more rounds, She currently carries a Taurus PT709 slim,Its a great gun but being compact only holds 7+1 rounds of 9mm. She's does carry a spare clip but said she would rather have a higher capacity magazine. Only thing is she would prefer something similar in size to her Taurus but she's flexible on that,I thought about Glock but I'm not real familiar with them. Also it needs to be 9mm because she's had several hand and wrist surgeries and is afraid she couldnt handle anything bigger than that.
    With all do respect...practice reloading magazines into the gun....empty at first until she gets really good at it....
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by poppy37 View Post
    My wife is looking to replace her current concealed carry gun for something that hold a few more rounds, She currently carries a Taurus PT709 slim,Its a great gun but being compact only holds 7+1 rounds of 9mm. She's does carry a spare clip but said she would rather have a higher capacity magazine. Only thing is she would prefer something similar in size to her Taurus but she's flexible on that,I thought about Glock but I'm not real familiar with them. Also it needs to be 9mm because she's had several hand and wrist surgeries and is afraid she couldnt handle anything bigger than that.
    Is this something she tote's around in her purse or on her person? If it's for her purse realistically a woman won't carry around too many double stacks wth the added weight of the rounds and the girth. If you are sure she does not mind it or if it's for carry look at the CZ75 compact or a CZ Rammi..
    As for the Poly guns nothing wrong with Glock Blocks but the M&P subcompact would be the way to go as the grip angle is more like a 1911 and felt recoil IMHO is less. Also have alternate back strap grips to fit her hand better.
    If you can read this thank a teacher. If it is written in English thank a Marine.

If you can read this thank a teacher. If it is written in English thank a Marine.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by SpencerB View Post
    I second the glock. I own a G19 and my fiancee loves it, she wants me to buy her her own G26!
    My wife likes the G-19 and shoots it quite well but will only carry her S&W 638 concealed. The light trigger on the Glock is still not quite in her comfort zone yet.I like the G-19 over the G-26 for myself since I do not carry in the pocket or on the ankle and like the extra rounds and longer site radius and larger grip.

photo.jpg My 1994 G-19 with Cold Steel Lawman.
    Click on photo to enlarge.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

los

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by los View Post

LOS you are a fantastic source for this forum. Thank you for all your efforts.

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Check out a FNP-9. I bought one off Gunbroker for $425 shipped. Holds 16 rounds and comes with three mags, lifetime guarantee. I had to send mind back because it wasn't locking the slide back on the last round but I don't think you can find a better deal for the money.

FNP-9 Series Handguns

los
    THANKS, OS.

I appreciate your kind words very much..!

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Just assuming that as most women do they have small hands. So I say M&P9 compact, that way she can custom fit NOT only the length of the grip but the width as well. Plus I like the M&P platform better than the Glocks. Here is another reason.

If she wants a thumb safety you can buy one with it on the gun, If she decides one day she doesn't want the thumb safety you can take it out yourself.

they are super easier to take out i just did it to mine. I will actually start recommending people to get the M&P with the extra thumb safety and know how to operate the gun with it. This I think is better for first time users, it puts their minds at ease when they first start carrying +1 in the chamber. then when they get comfortable with the idea a +1 it takes all of 5mins to take the thumb safety out. Here is me doing mine.

YouTube - M&P Thumb Safety
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

los
    Just in-case some of y'all were wondering.....

If she is not afraid of the 1911 style gun an EMP in 9 holds 10 rounds with a spare 9 in the extra mag. Built for small hands and very light. Very accurate and great trigger.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links