Looking for a higher capacity compact 9mm - Page 4

Looking for a higher capacity compact 9mm

This is a discussion on Looking for a higher capacity compact 9mm within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; HK p2000sk, carries 10 rounds in 9mm and is about the same size as a G26. Can use the 13 round p2000 magazine as well....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Looking for a higher capacity compact 9mm

HK p2000sk, carries 10 rounds in 9mm and is about the same size as a G26. Can use the 13 round p2000 magazine as well.

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    The XD SC would be my recomendation. The Glock 26 seems nice, but I am not familiar with Glocks. The XD has the extra safety in the handle as 1911's do which it is important if carrying.

If she hasn't yet tried a Glock 19 9mm, it's worth trying. 15rds capacity. Highly reliable, durable. Great support by gunsmiths, the after-market.

Check out the CZ P-01, or the CZ 75 Compact (PCR D). The smaller variant would be the CZ 2075 RAMI. The RAMI is 10rds, with the others holding 14rds. I carried the P-01 for years and loved it. It's a bit chunkier than a G19, but it's highly reliable, has great ergonomics and shoots really well.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I'll chime in...
    As has been pointed out a external safety would be a great feature for a handgun in a purse! Something could get into the trigger area!
    I know the Ruger SR9c is not the smallest but it can conceal well and it is not a major paper weight AND shoots GREAT. (You can even put a CT laser on it).

But, have HER try them out as if she is not comfortable with the gun then it may not be carried....

Lateck,
    Proud Ruger & SIG owner, in the Free State of Arizona

A Glock 26 in a quality leather pocket holster in a purse is perfectly safe. It has the added advantage of accepting magazines for the 17 and 19. If you want additional firepower with dependability, there it is.
    It Is Easy To Be Brave From A Distance ~ Aesop

Quote Originally Posted by webb3201 View Post
    HK p2000sk, carries 10 rounds in 9mm and is about the same size as a G26. Can use the 13 round p2000 magazine as well.
    +1

The P2000 SK is a very fine pistol. Accurate, ergonomic and reliable to a fault.
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less".
    General Robert E. Lee

it's been suggested already, but I'll second the Bersa Thunder9 Ultra compact pro. I own the 40 cal. "same size" and it's sweet. fits the hand like a glove, all controls easily reached, and groups quite well, "just a bit low for me, that's why I'm seeking adjustable sights" The 9MM version holds 13 rounds plus one in the tube. And, if you're on a budget it won't break the bank either.
    A 1911 is Not an obsession, it's simply a recognition that it's THE Gun. :-) All others are runner ups. And hey, if all else fails, aim for the nose and fling it to knock out your foe. Let's see y'all do that with a kel-Tec. ;-)

HK P2000 or P2000SK. I just picked up a P2000 V3 (DA/SA) on Friday and so far I'm more than impressed. Very slim grip for a 13+1 double stack and it has 4 different backstraps that are easily interchangeable. So far I've put about 400 rounds through it and it has worked flawlessly straight out of the box with every kind of ammo I was able to find. Haven't even cleaned it yet. It's incredibly accurate and easy to shoot. My wife also shot it with the medium backstrap (came installed) and it fits her hand just fine. If you know HK's, they will typically outlast their owners. Not cheap at $870 from the local shop but worth every penny. I know it will go bang every time. FYI, I keep it loaded with DPX (needless to say the gun tested 100% with this ammo also). I also picked up a Blackhawk IWB holster (size 7) for $10 and I can carry concealed with a loose shirt over it.

Thanks for the advice guys, now I got an excuse to go to the gun store again.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links