Kimber Solo Carry Review - Page 7

Kimber Solo Carry Review

This is a discussion on Kimber Solo Carry Review within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by nismo542 i agree but it kinda sucks that with the ammo prices these days it could cost a 1/3 of the gun ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Kimber Solo Carry Review

Quote Originally Posted by nismo542 View Post
    i agree but it kinda sucks that with the ammo prices these days it could cost a 1/3 of the gun price to get it going. i saw a youtube vid from american handgunner magazine where they shot 100+ rounds back to back with no issues. i have faith it will be great, and i know i have taken a chance on such a new design from kimber.
    Yeah, but they probably assembled it correctly the first time.

btw... Just busting your chops there. It happens. I have read about all the tight tolerances to the SOLO. Everything the rep told you on the phone sounds reasonable.

People keep demanding smaller and smaller guns which shoot the largest possible calibers. There comes a point where design is going to play a critical role in how the weapon functions.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Unhappy Solo Issues

After about 400 rounds many problems, FTE, magazine popping out noticed the locking lugs on the barrel and slide were very damaged. Returned to Kimber and the slide, barrel and return spring were replaced, the frame was refinished as it was chipping. Great customer service but I have lost confidence in this weapon. When right it's a sweet shooter and very concealable but too many issues for a defensive weapon. My Glock 19 has 10,000+ rounds, no signs of wear and one recoil spring replacement. I'm looking elseware for a RELIABLE CCW pistol.
    Last edited by Sgt461; January 7th, 2012 at 11:35 AM.

My solo

I got one almost a year ago. Out the door had a problem. Kimber had great customer service paid for shipping and retuned it still broken. This time I told then I wanted a new one because I lost confidence in the one they said they fixed. The replaced it and after 100 rounds it works fine. Still not that comfortable with its reliableability. Time will tell..

I'm done. Took my Solo out to the range and figured out why it's called the Solo. You get one off before it jams. Going to send it back and get my money returned. To bad I really liked the design, feel, and the brand. My other Kimber 1911 is great and flawless but this is just not ready for me.

Quote Originally Posted by cvodave View Post
    I'm done. Took my Solo out to the range and figured out why it's called the Solo. You get one off before it jams. Going to send it back and get my money returned. To bad I really liked the design, feel, and the brand. My other Kimber 1911 is great and flawless but this is just not ready for me.
    I've read a lot of horror stories on the early guns. I'm sorry to hear you got a dog!
    Mine has been great, but, because of the reports I've read on the early guns, I've been stripping mine down and inspecting it regularly. So far, so good!

You are right it's a hit or miss. I had 2 misses so if you don't have faith it will be there when you need it in my world it's got to go.. Keep ya posted on its replacement.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Links