Anyone carry a Beretta Px4?

This is a discussion on Anyone carry a Beretta Px4? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been seriously considering adding a Px4 to my small, but ever growing, collection of handguns. I've got a Cx4 that's configured to take the ...

Thread: Anyone carry a Beretta Px4?

Anyone carry a Beretta Px4?

I've been seriously considering adding a Px4 to my small, but ever growing, collection of handguns. I've got a Cx4 that's configured to take the 9mm Px4 magazines, and was wondering about anyone's experiences with the pistol as I've already got several OEM magazines for the pistol.

It would be an occasional carry piece, but mostly I'm wanting this to be a home weapon, to be stored with the Cx4 for a TEOTWAWKI scenario or just home defense. I'm open to suggestions and experiences with either the compact or the full-size version.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Katana View Post
    I've been seriously considering adding a Px4 to my small, but ever growing, collection of handguns. I've got a Cx4 that's configured to take the 9mm Px4 magazines, and was wondering about anyone's experiences with the pistol as I've already got several OEM magazines for the pistol.

It would be an occasional carry piece, but mostly I'm wanting this to be a home weapon, to be stored with the Cx4 for a TEOTWAWKI scenario or just home defense. I'm open to suggestions and experiences with either the compact or the full-size version.
    I just picked up a px4 model c in 9mm a few weeks ago..Its easy to cc.I have been oc it more though.

I have a full size Px4 9mm that I carry, it is a great pistol that shoots very straight. It is a little large but well worth the extra weight.

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    It is a really bulky gun to carry. Weight is not that bad, but it is quite a wide gun. I rate it as being about as difficult to carry as a HK USP, which I also own.

Beretta makes 20 round mags for the gun. So in terms of ammo capacity, it even beats out the large Springfield XDm by one round.

I own the .40 S&W full size. It has been 100% reliable for me, but I agree with Lance in that it is bigger than I'd want to carry on a regular basis. OWB would be highly recommended.
    Current armament:
    Ruger 10/22
    Remington 870 Express 20ga.
    S&W M&P40c
    S&W 642

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    I used to own a full size px4, and it was extremely reliable, ..to big to carry, for me at least. The compact one is too wide. These days I prefer the XDM 4.5 in 9mm for home. Ergonomics is hard to beat, it fits like a glove, plus I am far more accurate with it than I used to be with my px4. I also have a Sig p239 for carry which is more like medium size gun but shoots like a larger pistol.
    Beretta has not been very creative with their line up specially for the CCW market. They just chopped off the full size px4. They need to come up with some new models like Sig, Glock and Ruger. Once they do I'll be one of he 1st ones to consider them again.
    Having said that if it is comfortable for you to carry, I definitely recommend the px4 or the px4c.

i was seriously considering buying a Beretta PX4 9MM but went with the FN FNP-9 instead...just felt better in my hands. :)
    EDC: FN FNP-9 w/ three 16 rnd magazines. Mini Maglite.

" The unarmed man is not just defenseless, he is also contemptible." ~ Machiavelli.

My PX4 Storm in .40 cal is one of my favorites of the Pistols I own.

It used to be my EDC in a Crossbreed Supertuck.

I currently have the PX4 Sub compact as my daily EDC ... Also using the Crossbreed Supertuck... no problems at all with concealment (Jeans and Tshirt) .... I'm seriously considering buying the Compact version that have the rotating barrel like the Full size...

Quote Originally Posted by kal0 View Post
    I currently have the PX4 Sub compact as my EDC ...no problems at all with concealment (Jeans and Tshirt)
    +1 I love my Storm Subcompact 9mm - you can't go wrong!
    Babyhulk
    NRA Life Member since 2010

A Beretta PX4 - SC . Love it, great gun.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

My son has a full size PX4=.9mm he has set up for home defense, laser and light attached. My brother in law has one in .40cal. also for home defense. They are both very happy with them. I have shot both and they are nice shooters and very reliable. But neither use them as a carry gun as they are hard for them to conceal.
    LET FREEDOM REIGN NOT GOVERNMENT

I appreciate the insight. The Cx4 is the first beretta I've ever owned, & while it's been flawless, my only exposure to beretta handguns has been through my ex-BIL who carried an M9 on MP duty. He hated it with a passion. I've been thinking here lately that since I like the Cx4 so much, that the Px4 would be a natural choice as well, but I was curious about the people who've owned them, what they used them for (carry/home defense/range), & how well the gun had treated them. I guess my next step is to go & see what it feels like in my hand.

Thanks everyone!
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

I hated Beretta with a passion after my exposure to the M9. I fired a PX4 at a range and I was pretty impressed with it. It is not going to replace my Glocks but if I was looking for a new gun and looking to go cheap this would definitely be on the short list. I think a my LGS has them for less than $500.
    Glock 36, 30SF, 31, 32, 21 Gen4 - Carry guns
    Ruger Mini-14 and Remington 870 by the bed both wearing Surefire lights.
    Always carry a knife-they are handy to have
    Always carry a reload-You probably won't need it but it is good insurance .
    Always carry a light- To see in the dark

I got the PX4 Storm 9mm Compact (the midsized one, came out in Nov I think). I love it. Carry it in an Alessi Holster (Alessi Gun Holsters). Shoots great, easy to conceal, more to hold on to than the subcompact. When ya get it you need to sample a handful of brands, loads. When I bought mine the was a magazine (i think Guns& Ammo) there @ the store & my gun was on the cover. The article was all about the gun & talked about some loads FTF. I bought 6 different brands & grains & found that to be true. I found 4 out of the 6 to be good. The other 2 had FTF issues (3-4 per magazine). I put those thru my Glock & they did fine. But heck, Glock will shoot a rock with a primer stuck to it.

Links