Defensive Carry banner

Taurus Pt709 slim extended magazines?

53K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  mandalitten 
#1 ·
I've been hearing a lot about Taurus making extended magazines for the 709 Slim. Does anybody know where I can buy one? I've surfed all over the net and cant find them anywhere.

#2 ·
I have heard that Taurus was going to be making a extended mag since the day the 709 came out. When I owned one almost 2 years back I called Taurus several times to try to get a release date and their answer always changed. I wouldn't hold your breath for one to be coming any time soon.

#6 ·
The link I provided above is page 8 in their 2011 new products catalog: an extended magazine with their G2 (generation 2) PT709. I haven't seen any G2s in the store yet nor have I seen it listed as a separate accessory available yet. Taurus should be able to give some information if you reference this page in this catalog. I haven't tried calling them yet, but it seems that it is actually a production item at this point.

Attachments

#10 ·
Why do they even bother to put stuff in their new stuff catalog until the stuff is actually available....why don't they call it their "new stuff you'd like to have but can't get yet" catalog.

#11 ·
They all do this. For example, many manufacturers show their products at the Shot show, but it won't be available for a long time. If the Shot show doesn't show a lot of interest, the product may never hit the stores. It's pretty annoying I have to say... Maybe they should put it in the 2012 catalog.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.